It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enemy of My Enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Today I realized that the only reason I was excited by the election results was that Democrats lost not that Republicans won. There really isn't any celebrating to be done. The American people were fed up with the last six years of failure and simply voted for 'the other guy'.

So, if I seem pleased at the results then it is only because Obama is essentially finished, not that I feel better about our future. At best I think things will be less bad.

The enemy of my enemy won today, but I still lost.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
meh, it's not like it matters who wins really, you can call them feces or excrements, still smells like sh#t

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

We all lost.
We have losing for a long time now.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend."

That's how the saying should go...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

We, as a country, world and race of beings are overdue to perform an "upgrade" upon ourselves. That is recognized mostly by the young people and why Obama got elected aided white guilt and the simple fact that there are only two major parties in the US and one has to win and Obama and his handlers had the higher road.

Yet, the failure of Obama's plan is crystal clear. He had far more in mind than concerns for the health of the country and the well-being of the citizenry as he violently and recklessly set his legions of loyal troops into motion. In retrospect, I'm sure as the books and opinions get published in the coming years that the general population of the country will see how they were coerced into believing that something good was happening when it was actually something bad, very bad, namely the destruction of American because of a cool hatred for all things that most Americans and the foundations of the country itself stood for.

The New World Order is coming, no, it is here, but the dismantling of the old ways should be allowed to dissolve on their own accord without violent shifts that tend to disrupt the already declines in all aspects of what was assumed to be the way life should be here in the United States (if not the world).

What I come away with even as the death knell sounds for the current Progresssives is the incredible speed and furious acts that they metered upon the general, rather staid members of the public. The driving force was a definite ideology that cared little for the rule of law but dwelled entirely upon what they wanted to accomplish. More frightening was the lack of response from all quarters of the population, both within that party and without. Such was the way that fascism takes control...by being allowed to happen.

I fear that the new folks in the DC town may see that they can operate as they see fit also. So the final question, is who's to blame, those that want to force their will upon us or simply ourselves for allowing it? We should not want to make this dreadful mistake a second time.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I feel the same excitement and feel the same as you. I think we may see more of Obama's executive actions happening now, although I can picture Obama throwing a temper tantrum about now.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I'm disappointed that not a single libertarian or 3rd party candidate won.

Well, it's time to hold the GOP's feet to the fire!

No honeymoon, no learning curve. Get to work!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
How did you feel when he was elected?

Did you feel a similar sense of relief.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
All government is the enemy of the people.

Always has been.

Always will be.

I have no illusions about the right.

Last night I just use them as a 'blackwater' to get some breathing room.

I prefer gridlock anyway.

edit on 5-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

To quote confuse us:

"The enemy of my enemy depends on your enemy, but if your enemy is willing to work with our enemy, then the enemy of their enemy is our friend, and so the friends are our enemies become our friends as well."

That's the campaign trail in a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Today I realized that the only reason I was excited by the election results was that Democrats lost not that Republicans won. There really isn't any celebrating to be done. The American people were fed up with the last six years of failure and simply voted for 'the other guy'.

So, if I seem pleased at the results then it is only because Obama is essentially finished, not that I feel better about our future. At best I think things will be less bad.

I do agree (mostly). But I'll tell you what. The hardest thing is going to be that the (mostly) liberal media is not going to just give up on the liberal agenda. Anything the Republicans manage to do to frustrate the Obamacrats is going to be severely demonized by the shrieking liberal commentators in the media. They're going to make sure it looks like poor Obama is trying to be good but those mean old Republicans won't let him.

The liberal machine has nothing better to do now than to generate as much noise as humanly possible in their quest to convince many people that they're the good guys.

It would be nice if I could say I was confident the Republicans would go after Obamacare one way or another but I honestly don't think they want to. I suspect they're all in it together on the Obamacare thing.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

And then seemingly people will say the same thing and go for Democrats next time around. People said that about Bush obviously with Obama, now the same thing back to Republicans, if that's what the trend is.

new topics

top topics

join