It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Clock Stopped When He Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I little background first . . .

My father was a stage-4 cancer patient. We talked from time to time over the past few months on life after death and the like. We discussed that he would try and give us a sign from the other side when he passed. I said "sure . . . as long as you are allowed to do so". He had been largely unresponsive the last few days. The last night, his last night, he began mumbling something. He started telling us all that he loved us. he began with my mother . . . then down the line. We told him that she would be alright. That we all would be alright and that it was OK for him to go now. He took a couple last breaths and died.

I had left to take my mother home and my sister, brother and niece stayed to wait for the military to perform their services. My sister said that the nurse had come in and discovered the clock had stopped. They didn't think a whole lot of it but when the nurse came again and looked for the time the clock had started operating again. The clock had stopped for approximately twenty minutes.

I am not sure if this was coincidence and/or wishful thinking. But nevertheless the timing is intriguing as the clock had been watched and listened to for a few days with no issue (watched like a hawk for meds and such). I just thought I would share the experience and see if any others had had similar things happen.

edit on 11/10/2014 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: nonnez

Sorry for your loss. your dad was fortunate to have you to talk to about life after death, I am sure that made things easier for him. As for the clock, go with your gut feeling. If you believe it was a sign then no body can tell you other wise

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

There are many cases of this occurring, so it's not far-fetched at all. Lots of electrical stuff occurs after a loved one dies. I lost someone, and the tv kept going on by itself, etc., for a few days afterwards. Your loss is one of the worse things you will have to go through in your life, but maybe your dad, who knows this, has given you a good sign that things turned out alright.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This happened to my dad. His watch stopped when my grandads coffin went down to be cremated. It's never worked again, tried new batteries etc. He gave it to his mother-in-law to keep as it was her dad who passed.

Sorry for your loss.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Trust me, you'll get more signs. I would have never believed that a loved one leaves signs to let us know they're around us until my sister=in-law passed away. She was very close to both my wife and I. I can't begin to tell you how many signs we've had. From weird phone calls, smelling of roses, orbs around my wife when she feels her presence (we've taken pictures when she gets these feeling and have captured some amazing orbs). She also loved a particular butterfly which a couple of weeks after she passed flew into our van and died on the back seat of our van. I now have that same butterfly framed in our sun room (see the picture in my thread down below).

Her daughter also has had experiences, one which was truly amazing. A butterfly was buzzing around her head while she was sitting on her porch with her husband. The butterfly settled down and landed right on her mother's wedding ring she was wearing. Her husband took a picture of it. I wrote a thread about this awhile back and included some pictures. You can see if for yourself here...

A Sign From the Other Side, Simplly Incredible!
edit on 3-11-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There is enough folk-lore about this to have produced an old song (1876)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes, a common occurrence as far as paranormal happenings.... and sorry for your loss (and possibly, his gain... as cancer sucks).

I've thought that minor analog machines and electrical systems are easier for the 'recently transitioned' to play with.

I've personally had so many little hints of deceased people communicating with me that I take it for granted... though I don't pretend to truly know anything... but I'm convinced we continue in some form.

Although realizing we might be on display for our ancestors makes for some embarrassing private times!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
First of all I am sorry for your loss
When my Mam died twenty years ago we knew she would die soon but when my dad rang to tell me she had passed away he rang me at six a.m I went to his house , she died in hospital, I noticed the clock that she loved a grandmother clock she had bought a few years before her illness, had stopped at a quarter past three I mentioned this to my dad over the course of that day and he replied "I rang you at six a.m because I couldnt see any point in waking you any earlier however your mam died around a quarter past three" I still have the clock and it has never worked properly since my mam died young and i do believe when someone dies before their time a energy is left behind,just my thoughts of course

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Father, when my Grandfather died, November 1959, not only did his clock stop but the glass split from top to bottom. That's the glass on the front6 of the clock.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. The same thing happened to my grandmother when she passed away in her 40's. All the clocks in her house stopped, my dad still has one of the clocks, her favorite, it's still stuck at the time of her death and won't work, even with new batteries.
edit on 3-11-2014 by InfamousSiren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. My granddad has one of those old grandfather clocks and he says it stoped right when my grandma died. He says he also took it in to get fixed and the guy couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and it chills in his living room to this day.

I agree with an earlier post, that it's a sign, a good one.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is the worst hurt.

I just wanted to share my thread that goes along with this topic so you can see that our loved ones leave all kinds of different messages that they are still around.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Something similar happened to my mother.

Her vehicle died, her cam shaft went out, at the exact time my grandfather was admitted to the hospital. Once she got there she was able to visit with him once for about 24 hours before she found a ride home. Home was around thirty miles away. He slipped into a coma and died about 2 weeks later. It was an eerie coincidence and your experience reminded me of it.

My father-in-law recently passed away and everyone in the family was reporting lights flickering. It was even happening over at my house in the dining room. To my sister in law at the hotel room, at other loved ones houses. I believe it is a message from them that they are still around.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

CdT

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Im also really sorry for youre loss. But im wondering ,does anyone here have an explanation for this?
I would really apreciate for any info , id like to find out.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There's an excellent book that deals with this topic and much more, which I highly recommend.

'Destiny of Souls' by Michael Newton.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I am also sorry for you loss...I lost my husband early in 2014 and since then, whenever I get up, the television is turned on, as though welcoming me to the new day - I would go into the bathroom or down the hall and when I came back, the tv would be off.
The strange thing was that the little green light indicating the tv was on....was never lit up - technically, the tv was not on.
I was puzzled at first, but after it happened every day and still does, I knew it was and is my David saying good morning.
Peace and blessings to you.

GI

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
sorry for your loss. had a similar thing although not strictly just a clock. entire house switchboard caught fire (never could figure out why) at the exact moment something weird happened at a religious gathering (some km away. wasnt home). analogue oven clock stopped and never worked again after that. houses either side were fine! coincidence or not was rather spooky.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
My dad passed nearly 12 months ago now from cancer.

On the day he passed he smelled cigarette smoke on me, and he asked if I'd been smoking, I said "yes, but I will stop" he gave me a scepticle look and smiled.

Later that night I was laying on the couch and I felt a click in or beside my head, I brushed my hand over my hair expecting to find a bug. I felt another click and again felt no bug. So I got up and turn on the light, I looked everywhere but no bug.

I then went outside for another smoke, and then I felt what seemed like someone flicking the cigarette from my fingers.

Ten minutes later my brother rings me to tell me that dad passed.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
My grandfather's clock was too large for the shelf,
So it stood ninety years on the floor;
It was taller by half than the old man himself,
Though it weighed not a pennyweight more.
It was bought on the morn of the day that he was born,
And was always his treasure and pride;
But it stopp'd short — never to go again —
When the old man died.

In watching its pendulum swing to and fro,
Many hours had he spent while a boy;
And in childhood and manhood the clock seemed to know
And to share both his grief and his joy.
For it struck twenty-four when he entered at the door,
With a blooming and beautiful bride;
But it stopped short — never to go again —
When the old man died.

Ninety years without slumbering
(tick, tick, tick, tick),
His life's seconds numbering,
It stopp'd short — never to go again —
When the old man died.

My grandfather said that of those he could hire,
Not a servant so faithful he found;
For it wasted no time, and had but one desire —
At the close of each week to be wound.
And it kept in its place — not a frown upon its face,
And its hands never hung by its side.
When the old man died.

It rang an alarm in the dead of the night —
An alarm that for years had been dumb;
And we knew that his spirit was pluming for flight —
That his hour of departure had come.
Still the clock kept the time, with a soft and muffled chime,
As we silently stood by his side;
When the old man died.

Ninety years without slumbering
His life's seconds numbering,
It stopp'd short — never to go again —
When the old man died

Henry Clay Work, 1876

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Unfotunately for me, I am an Athiest and i dont believe in life (or anything) after death. But its strange that I do still talk to my dad, or think of him looking over me in times when I want to, even though I dont believe.

Although not paranormal as such, my Grandad had become senile for a number of months before he died, he was incoherrent and a mess but my mum looked after him (it was her father in law). My Nana also had become senile, she was eating plants and leaving empty pans cooking on the stove but they still loved in their own house next door to us.

One night, after months of incoherrent blurb, as my mum put him to bed he sat upright, grabbed her hand and said as clear and coherrent as ever, "thank you Doreen, thanks for looking after us".

Next day she went over to their house and he had died. My Nana had dressed herself in her wedding dress and was sat downstairs rocking in grandads chair.

She never spoke sense again, at my Grandads funeral, because she had seen all her family and friends she thanked my mum for the best day of her life! She never said another coherent word, my dad left my mum after 2 years, all that time my mum looked after my Nana (his mum), she was put in a home when dad left mum for another woman and died less than a month later.

Life it seems to me, is still deeper than "we live, we die" it seems to me, even if I dont believe in the afterlife or anything, there is still something more about our existence I am sure.

new topics

top topics

join