It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopathy and energy medicine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Actually, you do have a frequency — several, in fact.

Your body has a resonance frequency at which acoustic energy causes it to vibrate at maximum amplitude.

Your vocal chords have a different acoustic resonance. So does your auditory apparatus.

You also have resonance frequencies at which various rhythmic movements such as walking, swimming, or running can be performed with minimum expenditure of energy.

Does the human body have a resonant frequency?

I'm pretty sure your electrical impedance is frequency-dependent as well.

(But homeopathy is bollocks, obviously.)

edit on 29/11/14 by Astyanax because: homeopathy is bollox.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Inside a homeopathic A&E....

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

I don't think cell salts would actually be homeopathy. The salts use phosphorus and sulfur compounds to treat diseases. Sulfur compounds can cure many things. Many medicines are sulfur based or nitrogen based. Some stimulate phosphorus use in the cells of the body. These medicines are not actually homeopathic, they use a known scientific pathway. I would guess that the cell salts could also do this.

The definition of homeopathic medicine seems blurred, like cures symptoms of like can work. By stimulating the bodies fighting ability it can cure disease. Sulfur compounds are very powerful medicines but can also cause problems in certain situations if an enzyme that detoxes sulfites is deficient or reduced. Also, taking these salts can stimulate a person to consume the actual antidote that is needed for detox or trigger many systems in the body to fight disease. I wouldn't actually call that homeopathic though. Homeopathic would be sort of like taking arsenic to fight arsenic poisoning. Increasing a toxin does not make it worse unless increasing it stimulates the body to detox. That could be dangerous, especially if your cravings aren't working or you are deficient in something in the body.

I take a multimineral and that is not homeopathic medicine. I have used large doses of vitamins to stimulate the body so I could evaluate what happens. I jumpstarted my niacin metabolism with a weeks worth of high supplement and it corrected the deficiency and the body started taking up niacin again. I only take an occasional supplement of niacin now, maybe a quarter of a capsule every month or two when I feel a little like I need a boost. When I jump started the niacin I wound up using up my B12 and I had to supplement with that for about a week till the levels were up. I take a methylcobalamin about once a week to make sure I do not get low anymore.

I experiment on myself a lot with these things to see what effect they have so I can understand them.

There are a couple of things I have found I cannot tollerate, one is high doses of vitamin c and the other is Q10 supplements. According to some information I found from examining my DNA I found I do not break down Q10 well so I can't take a supplement. I researched this knowing I had problems with it so found a test to do in the GWAS catalog to test for metabolizing these sort of things. As far as the vitamin C...I have no clue why it negatively effects me. I don't seem to have nearly as much problem with moderate amounts of absorbic acid in vitamins.

edit on 29-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Actually, you do have a frequency — several, in fact.

Your body has a resonance frequency at which acoustic energy causes it to vibrate at maximum amplitude.

You probably don't have a well defined one. You are quite flexible and low q. Resonating a person with sound is like resonating a water balloon, not a wine glass.

Your vocal chords have a different acoustic resonance. So does your auditory apparatus.

Your ears have no resonant point. Your vocal chords are a relaxation oscillator whose frequency is set by muscle tension, but it's tough to say that's a 'frequency' you have.

You also have resonance frequencies at which various rhythmic movements such as walking, swimming, or running can be performed with minimum expenditure of energy.

In the sense that there's a pendulum moment associated with legs swinging and the like, that's somewhat true.

I'm pretty sure your electrical impedance is frequency-dependent as well.

But you can't say that's 'the frequency of a human'.

The post I was replying to claimed:

You are speaking most about energy, which is a different issue. We are energy vibrating at a certain frequency with properties of attraction and repulsion intermingling with our DNA. This structured energy forms what we look like and what we are. If a high burst of frequency or energy comes about, we could disassemble if it were to overcome the bonds that hold us together.

We are not, in fact, energy vibrating at a certain frequency, 'intermingling with DNA', whatever that means. People do not have a mystical frequency that changes depending on whether we are good or bad, whatever those mean, so that we have 'higher' or 'lower' vibrations.

The claim that we're some sort of vibration mixed with DNA is a bit different than your leg having a natural pendulum rate.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You probably don't have a well defined one.

It doesn't have to be well defined. A low-Q resonance is still a resonance. All singers know that their voices sound loudest at certain frequencies, and well-trained ones know how to exploit the resonant frequencies of their internal cavities to amplify the sounds produced by their vocal cords.

And anyone who's stood next to a bass cab at a concert or disco knows that some low notes have more oomph than others. Of course, in the latter case, the resonant frequencies of the audio equipment and the room come into the picture, too, but less than you think; it's about what makes your chest cavity vibrate — what frequencies you resonate to.

Your ears have no resonant point

Not true. In fact, each component — auricle, tympanum, outer ear — has its own. Varies from person to person, of course. A little googling will show you that I am right.

Your vocal chords are a relaxation oscillator whose frequency is set by muscle tension, but it's tough to say that's a 'frequency' you have.

You're looking at the vocal chords as a tunable oscillator and making a distinction between that and resonance. Fair enough. But it is possible to tune your vocal chords to a specified pitch without making any sound and feel them resonate to an external sound at the same pitch. This is one way choral singers stay in tune with each other.

there's a pendulum moment associated with legs swinging and the like

Indeed there is. In fact — and I am sure you already know this — it is impossible for any material object or mechanical system not to have a resonant frequency. That includes planets, of course.

you can't say that's 'the frequency of a human'.

I didn't say that. I'm merely pointing out that human bodies, like all objects, have resonant frequencies.

We are not, in fact, energy vibrating at a certain frequency, 'intermingling with DNA', whatever that means.

I didn't say that, or anything that might remotely imply it.

People do not have a mystical frequency that changes depending on whether we are good or bad, whatever those mean, so that we have 'higher' or 'lower' vibrations.

Please. Do you take me for a crackpot?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Please. Do you take me for a crackpot?

No, but that's the post I was replying to. My reply was that we aren't some sort of frequency congealed into matter. YOUR remarks are valid, but not in the context of what I was addressing, which was the old saw that every person has some magic resonant frequency that's a product of their 'vibrations' or whatnot.

The sort of thing you used to see on "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" on every other episode. "Quick - emit the frequency of a giant clam!" "Aye, aye admiral! Set the reactor for giant clam, chief!" WEEoooWEEEoooWEEEooo and poof! the clam vanishes. "Yes, XO, every object has a frequency, all you have to do is generate that frequency and it will disintegrate!"

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo I just wanted to say, not disagreeing or arguing. .. but that I have heard (something I believe (to an extent and also consider) and many should keep in mind and consideration) that energy can not be destroyed but changed. From positive to negative or in reverse. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaeta11

Yes, there is no reason why energy needs to be destroyed and there are probably far more types of energy than we currently know of in our physics.

Bedlam
Unfortunately Bedlam, your posts on this thread show your overview of the world in which we live is excessively limited by your beliefs.

As my initial post suggests, Homeopathy works as an energy medicine and energy medicine has been used in China and other places for thousands of years. There is even an iceman who was dug up from a glacier with meridian lines tatooed on his body. (meridian lines are the energy pathways in the body) Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors are taught to feel over 10 different 'pulses' of energy in the body which show them the state of health of the individual. Acupuncture has been shown to work, even for an anaesthetic method for operations.

Of course, I understand the basis for your arguments and that seems to be the current understanding that science has about our world. Again unfortunately, it does not account for the practical applications which cannot be measured by science in a repeatable way. Applications of energy medicine have been working for generations and are not just placebo effects as millions of Chinese and other races will testify.

Just because science tells you something, does not mean it is true because science is still discovering things about our uiverse which it cannot explain in terms of known 'laws'. Many people know the benefits of energy medicine and dont need science to tell them that it works. Something which works on animals cannot be a placebo effect in action.

Many belief systems recognise an energy body as well as the physical one we see and feel. This has been verified by practical applications throughout time in the form of different types of energy medicine, occult practices, meditations, and spans all cultures. Shamans can alter the physical by manipulating the energy in other dimensions so in spite of your scientific beliefs, there is evidence from around the world which points to the fact that more to this than you are willing to acknowledge.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
Homeopathy works as an energy medicine[/QUOTE]

No, it does not work at all. It is made up nonsense.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I used to be a firm believer in homeopathy until I realized what cured my ills was essentially placebo effect. As I mentioned in another thread, the diluted honey water (cough syrup) and other homeopathic "medicines" stopped working after I hit my personal epiphany. Go ahead & try to explain that one away. On reflection, I still feel ripped off after throwing away so much money on charlatans' promises. That is a lot of money spent over time on letting your mind do the work of sugar pills and water.

I now personally view homeopathy as a blatant money sink that preys on the desperate & ill-informed. There's no honor in taking advantage of people's ignorance.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

The word energy has a valid and rigorous definition. It does not include the new age/theosophic misuse of it that you cite.

Then again, that was Blavatsky's intent when she stole terms from physics to explain concepts in theosophy.

Your misuse of the term stems from her arrogation of technical terms in the 1870s, passed on as 'new age' belief at present.

However, these things you are talking about not only don' involve energy in its proper usage, they can't be proven to exist. That's where my 'narrow understanding' comes in - things I do with it work objectively. The number of things that have been made to work objectively with 'esoteric science' are listed in their entirety here:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It's the daily double!
edit on 1-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: qmantoo
a reply to: kaeta11
Homeopathy works

No it doesn't.

Every properly controlled clinical trial has shown it to be placebo. Not only that but there's no prior plausibility and the mechanism to "explain" it is laughably stupid. No dice.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
www.google.com.au...:en-AU:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gfe_rd=cr&ei=sfx8VKGIIcbC8geFhYCwAw&g ws_rd=ssl#rls=com.microsoft:en-AU:IE-Address&q=schuessler+cell+salts+homeopathy

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

I know, they say they are homeopathic but they really do not fit the definition of homeopathic. Some of the phosphorous salts are probably created in bread. The other salts could possibly cure a deficiency. But homeopathy is usually like cures like which is in contrast to what is really going on with these. Phosphorylation is a metabolic process. The salts would probably qualify as supplements utilized by enzymes.

I'm not by any means saying the salts won't work, I am just not understanding how they can be classified as homeopathic.

edit on 2-12-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

I've had really good experiences with homeopathy. Doctors couldn't 'cure' or 'ease' my daughter's horrible croup, nothing would work. At the time I'd never tried it 'cause it sounded silly. I got desparate, did some reading, got remedies and within a few days my three-year old daughter didn't sound like a three-pack-a-day smoker. She is suseptible to laryngitis (same virus?) and when it comes on - she knows what to do right off - and bang it's gone.

Since then, we'd used many remedies with good success.

In Lynn McTaggert's book "The Field" she takes about some studies done in Europe on homeopathic remedys and how they are difficult to quantify because the attitude of the 'successor' is a vital part of the process. I don't have a copy handy (in storage) or I'd quote from the chapter that covers these.

The book is fascinating.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Europe on homeopathic remedys and how they are difficult to quantify because the attitude of the 'successor' is a vital part of the process.

How is that different from the placebo effect?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

There is no plausal mechinism for 'action at a distance' in quantum physics either, and we know (or rather physists know) it exists.

Just because we don't have the tools or language to measure or explain an effect doesn't mean we won't.

FYI - a whole slew of pharmaceudicals show little more then 'placebo effects' if honestly evaluated. Maybe that's how all drugs work.

archive.wired.com...

www.salon.com...

harvardmagazine.com...

But researchers have found that placebo treatments—interventions with no active drug ingredients—can stimulate real physiological responses, from changes in heart rate and blood pressure to chemical activity in the brain, in cases involving pain, depression, anxiety, fatigue, and even some symptoms of Parkinson’s.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

FYI - a whole slew of pharmaceudicals show little more then 'placebo effects' if honestly evaluated. Maybe that's how all drugs work. \

Except for the effects that they demonstrate in vitro. Except for the physiological effects they demonstrate in vivo.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Europe on homeopathic remedys and how they are difficult to quantify because the attitude of the 'successor' is a vital part of the process.

How is that different from the placebo effect?

Not saying it isn't. All I know is it worked and works, I don't care why or how. The mind is a powerful thing.

I don't know why my desperate attempt to help my daughter worked, I really didn't believe it would and she was just miserable.

Who knows?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join