It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Students Suspended For Holding Airsoft Guns In Picture Taken At HOME.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Back at uni A few years ago in the UK I deove in with air soft guns on the back seat and a crossbow, Security just shrugged and waved me through ! I'm guessing I'd be shot in the USA!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Ya this is quite the over reach I would have to agree.
Just don't get why it's in the big government section of breitbart but I digress.
10 days is pretty long too, longest you could get in school when I was in was 5 days and that was for serious stuff
Eta:
Lol at the article that talks about Facebook post bring protected by the constitution.

Actually, that Facebook post IS protected by the Constitution.

It is the First Amendment.

The school, as a representative of the State, cannot infringe upon the First Amendment rights of the students, in this case giving a punishment for something that was not in any way the State's business.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

This is nothing more than social engineering at its best. Think of it to something similar to invasion of the body snatchers. The alien reproductions sensed a normal human and screamed outing them. The progressive liberals are doing the same thing with guns. Conditioning our children to be limp wimps. Our Republic better get a grip on things or we will be heading down a very dark road.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I created the following in another ATS thread (The real reason for the militarization of the police in the US. To: non federal or state level LEOs) and it dovetails quite nicely toward explaining the growing spread of this reactionary fear to guns.

The reason for the militarization is obvious, if you step back and look at the big picture. In order to establish Marshal Law and be effective you must slowly disperse the tools of that enforcement across the country. Once the local PD's are sufficiently equipped, then the response time for Marshal Law is seconds with no need to transport the weapons, only the personnel. The local PD's are being used as a staging area for this possibility in the future. Doesn't it make sense that to hide it from them too, they need to lower the hiring requirements (and associated IQ's) of the police in each area. Having intelligent LEO's would raise the bar and tip their hand too soon. Having an honest cop that might blow their cover would get in the way as well....why do you think they are shunned and persecuted in the ranks. They need unquestioning LEO's in charge of the equipment now....if they wish to take control of us all later. Your eyes opening yet?

The population needs to be afraid of owning their own weapons, and open to reporting anyone that dares buck that trend. Start early with the children, by punishing them when they attempt to use or imitate their use. It is much easier to control a population in the future if they are unarmed, and TPTB have the hardware in place locally to instantly quell any opposition.

IMO....

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's a big reason why I left MA. MA Public Schools went to court to argue they had equal rights as parents in the raising of children. This was maybe 10 years ago.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What amazing state did you go to? MA isn't that bad.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

You mean those amendments from that obsolete document? The constitution has been dead for years and it's not all the fault of PC liberals before that starts. America forgot its true values in the pursuit of rampant selfishness and consumerism. Everyone is to blame.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Bloody terrorists - the pair of em'. Quick, add them to the no-fly and watch lists, make an example of them.

That will ruin their lives.

Meanwhile thug cops kill people (and pets).

Oh, no no no no no, If they would have only stated they were members of the *Airsoft* religion, all would be accepted. What were they thinking?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

What amazing state did you go to? MA isn't that bad.

No .. it was MA. It stemmed from a parent finding out his Elementary School aged child was going to be forced to sit through something at the school telling kids that being gay is a good thing. The parent said that was a moral issue, and the school had no business telling his child what is right and wrong. When they felt their child was old enough to understand they would tell their child what they deemed appropriate. School said they were going to do it, and had him arrested when he would not leave until they told him what day this would take place. They went to court arguing they had equal rights in the raising of children because they spend as much time with the children as parents do.
edit on 1-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I know you were in MA. I'm curious where you went that was better.

So wait. Telling a child to respect other human beings is bad? I don't see the problem here. We had diversity stuff at my school. What's the big deal?

Also nobody is forcing your kid to go to public school. If you care so much about their education home school them. If you want him insulated from gays send him to Catholic school.
edit on 1-11-2014 by tavi45 because: added an extra paragraph

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I know you were in MA. I'm curious where you went that was better.

My goal is to end up in VA.

So wait. Telling a child to respect other human beings is bad? I don't see the problem here. We had diversity stuff at my school. What's the big deal?

That is not what the program was about. It was not about respecting others, it was about being gay is good. It's very possible to believe being gay is wrong, while still respecting them. Respecting diversity should be about all diversity, not one sub-group.

Also nobody is forcing your kid to go to public school. If you care so much about their education home school them. If you want him insulated from gays send him to Catholic school.

When you pay for Public School and you have to keep paying through taxes even after you take your child out there is no other option for many people. Catholic schools tend to cost a pretty penny.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You can't respect gays if you think being gay is wrong. It's a competely indefensible position.
edit on 1-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

My taxes pay for unjust wars. They pay for the rich to get richer. You will always pay for others with taxation. That's the whole point. It's called civilization. Everyone has some grievance with how tax money is spent. It's the nature of reality. Forgive me for my lack of sympathy about you being forced to support the education of our nation's children.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

You can't respect gays if you think being gay is wrong. It's a competely indefensible position.

That's incredibly stupid. So you are saying you can not respect someone of a different faith than you? Your position has no logic behind it, at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Meaningless post. Red Herring, not at all what I said. Maybe you want to take another look and see if you can make a reply that deals with what I actually said.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If you think they're plain wrong you can't respect them. If you think they are misguided or missed something fine.

You can't just say, "I think everything you are is wrong but I respect you". What is respect in your book?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Gay isn't a religion FYI.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

If you think they're plain wrong you can't respect them. If you think they are misguided or missed something fine.

This makes zero sense.

You can't just say, "I think everything you are is wrong but I respect you". What is respect in your book?

So that is everything they are, they are nothing else at all? Hilarious.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Gay isn't a religion FYI.

Which matters not, FYI. Point still stands and you refuse to address it because you know it's true.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It does matter. You equated being gay to holding a religious belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join