It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too funny..Fox and switches views yet again..lol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Fox News contorts to blame Obama for gas prices, high and low

Rachel Maddow busts Fox News for trying to find fault with President Obama in gas prices sinking to the lowest they've been in four years after spending considerable effort to blame him when prices were higher.

Fox news the most idiotic of the News networks..lol

First High gas prices are bad for the economy..Obama to blame. Now gas prices get lower..bad for economy..blame Obama..lol

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Fox News contorts to blame Obama for gas prices, high and low

Rachel Maddow busts Fox News for trying to find fault with President Obama in gas prices sinking to the lowest they've been in four years after spending considerable effort to blame him when prices were higher.

First High gas prices are bad for the economy..Obama to blame. Now gas prices get lower..bad for economy..blame Obama..lol

Yeah
Maddow was blaming Bush for something just a few weeks back. She's right up there with the hardcore hypocrites.
He's been gone six years and everything's still his fault.
Watch what happens in 2016 if Hillary gets in office...it's still going to be Obama's fault for two terms.
Obama's not just bad for the economy, he's bad for everything.
He's bad for the left, the right, the economy, national security, foreign politics, the value of the dollar, golf...

No one needs for to Fox to make that stuff up. They're just overachieving.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

MSNBC doesn't fare any better, nor does any other cable news, they're all garbage. /Thread
edit on 30-10-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Well gas is still 2x expensive than in Jan 2009.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah, Fox obviously is run by tools who pander to a political spectrum.

Meanwhile, watch Maddow contort herself to defend even the most ludicrous actions relating to her own political spectrum.

American News: dumbed down, divisive, repetitive. Sounds like a mindwar to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They keep everybody guessing.....

Hmmm

UPDATE — 3:35 p.m. ET: For the sake of fairness, below is the full segment on gas prices from Tuesday’s’ edition of Varney & Co. on Fox Business. While the Chyron does suggest that gas prices going down could hurt the economy, Varney himself does conclude that lower gas prices are better for the economy.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I've heard many excuses for the gas prices coming down--well for us, we use diesel and that has come waaay down from what it was a few months ago
With us traveling every week, each dime it comes down is a blessing

What I find curious is the coincidence of price dropping ties in along the same timeline as ISIS stealing/taking over oil wells and selling it for uber cheap prices

Maybe nothing.....maybe something

Just my 2 cents worth

edit on 31-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Too funny..Fox and switches views yet again..lol

The title of the thread suggested I would find something funny in the OP. Instead I was greeted with more partisan bickering and political dogma. As if any MSM outlet is to be trusted. Ugh.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
I've heard many excuses for the gas prices coming down--well for us, we use diesel and that has come waaay down from what it was a few months ago
With us traveling every week, each dime it comes down is a blessing

What I find curious is the coincidence of price dropping ties in along the same timeline as ISIS stealing/taking over oil wells and selling it for uber cheap prices

Maybe nothing.....maybe something

Just my 2 cents worth

I don't know about diesel but regular gasoline uses two blends. In the summer in order to cut down on organic compounds that produce smog in higher temperatures a more expensive blend that minimizes these compounds is used. Once the temperatures begin to fall we switch over to gasoline that doesn't need as much processing to avoid air pollution. Between the summer demand peak as people travel and the winter slump as people don't travel in addition to the different quality of gas there's a pretty significant change in prices. During election season there's always an additional cut too as politicians pull favors.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Fox is no worse than MSNBC when it comes to an obvious political bias. They are supposed to bash democrats...why wouldn't they. Same goes for MSNBC. They are paid to bash republicans. It is all a part of the game.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Fuel is always high during the summertime once school gets out
I know, I've been traveling for nearly 30 years, so I know how it works and constantly watch fuel prices looking for the cheapest station when we get to a new town

And yes, with the election, of course the prices will drop somewhat

But what I'm talking about is going from $3.89-$4/gal for diesel in the middle of July to dropping nearly .50 to roughly around $3.30-$3.40/gal, that's a lot of decrease for this time of year

Curious to see how much it goes up around Thanksgiving

Back to my original statement tho, if ISIS is selling the oil that they are stealing dirt cheap as reported, who's to say that, that in itself isn't affecting the overall costs of fuel

Needless to say, our government would never admit to that if it were possible/probable

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

What happened in Bush's 8 years is going to be with us for a long, long time... nothing short of revolution will undo most of it. The Bush years brought us the Security/Surveillance State. Obama pretty much stopped talking about trying to undo it after being sworn in. I think Hillary loves it too much to even give it lip service during her campaign and no one in the GOP would even dare.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

true
i won't be impressed until it's 89cents a gallon like when i was young.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: badgerprints

What happened in Bush's 8 years is going to be with us for a long, long time... nothing short of revolution will undo most of it. The Bush years brought us the Security/Surveillance State. Obama pretty much stopped talking about trying to undo it after being sworn in. I think Hillary loves it too much to even give it lip service during her campaign and no one in the GOP would even dare.

I think you'll be surprised how quick the Dems turn on Barry if Hillary gets into office.
People actually think Bush somehow was in control of everything that went bad while he was in office and the MSM has encouraged that so that Obama could skirt a lot of issues. Once Hillary gets into office they will need to shield her from a lot of what she's going to get into and Barry will get the blame.

Yeah, Bush got us into war but Barry followed in his footsteps.
Now Barry has gotten us into plenty that has nothing to do with Bush. Hillary will carry on and blame it on Barry while she follows in his footsteps.
edit on 31-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

originally posted by: xuenchen

true
i won't be impressed until it's 89cents a gallon like when i was young.

89 cents? Bah. I won't be impressed until they pay you to take the gas off their hands.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

ha ha ha ha

nice! i agree!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I never heard any republican tools blame Bush when gas prices reached $4.00 under his administration - yet they blame Obama when it get in the upper $3.00 range during his admin. Then when gas prices were down under Bush they had nothing but praise for Bush during his term, yet they don't praise Obama when it goes down during his term, claiming it's all 'politics.'

You can't have it both ways.

The oil cartels and Wall Street fix the price of gas at the pump. The oil cartels tend to be heavily right-wing.

BP, Exxon-Mobil, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, Shell, and Total - all have republican CEOs. With midterms coming up and the threat of Tesla motors gaining popularity and Russia trying to supply oil to Europe, they drive gas prices down. When they knock these annoyances down, they'll inflate gas prices back up to $4/gallon, and you'll be back to blaming it on Obama.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

my dad was telling a story of back when he was a kid.
said there were always gas wars between gas stations.

told us one about how two stations that were across the street from one another were going back and forth lowering price.
the winner was the one that put up on his sign,

you pay the tax will give you the gas.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

All these wars fought for oil, you'd think we'd finally get a discount at the pump? There was a time when empires brought the spoils of war home for their people to enjoy. Our empire only lines the pocket of its favorite corporations. Oil is the most amazing chemical solution and it comes from the ground in its awesomeness with very little effort on our part considering what we get in return. A sane society would never burn oil. Its chemical properties and uses in the synthesis of complex chemicals and drugs is something we will never have access to again once it is gone. Instead, we make plastic bags out of it and burn it. *sigh*

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
I never heard any republican tools blame Bush when gas prices reached $4.00 under his administration - yet they blame Obama when it get in the upper $3.00 range during his admin. Then when gas prices were down under Bush they had nothing but praise for Bush during his term, yet they don't praise Obama when it goes down during his term, claiming it's all 'politics.'

Actually, the way I remember it is people mostly blamed the evil oil companies for price-gouging.

People blame Obama's administration for its go-slow approach to oil and natural gas production - while oil and gas production is up - a lot - on private and state lands, production on federal lands is down - way down - since he took office.

Comparing 2009 to 2013, US oil production has risen from 5,233,000 bbls/day to 7,235,000 bbls/day.
But production on federal lands declined from 1,768,600 bbls/day to 1,658,300 bbls.

*All* of the increase - and then some - in production is due to private wells - we're pumping 2 million barrels more a day even though federal production has dropped 110,000 bbls/day.

It's beyond ludicrous to credit Obama with increasing oil production - hydraulic fracturing has opened up new oil reserves in the US.

CRS Report on Oil and Gas production of federal and private lands
While we're at it, the number of drilling leases issues by BLM, by FY:

FY05: 3,514
FY06: 3,746
FY07: 3,499
FY08: 2,416
FY09: 2,072
FY10: 1,308
FY11: 2,188
FY12: 1,729
FY13: 1,468

BLM Summary of leases sold by year

Oil prices are subject to a lot of factors - but the one thing that's crystal clear -- to suggest the Obama administration has done anything to *increase* oil production is laughable on its face, because everything the EPA and BLM has done or tried to do has the effect, of not indeed the goal, of reducing oil/gas production.

edit on 31-10-2014 by squittles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join