It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Payne County Sheriff's New Tactical Vehicle (Oklahoma)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have posted about the Stillwater PD SWAT before and it appears their LEO partners in the County have upped their game as well by adding tactical military grade toys as well.

m.koco.com...

The Sheriff's Office claims the vehicle is for disaster relief and rescue, specifically for tornadoes and destructive weather, but also for shooter scenarios. Payne County LEOs are not playing around with their budget, and they are growing their battalions.

Check out the SPD Recruiting Video I posted earlier this year. Their ambitions are getting worrisome.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What justifies military grade equipment in this County? T. Boone Pickens is major donor in Stillwater with the University...$Billions to spend...to protect...enforce? What is being prepared for? Whatever is looming, Payne County Oklahoma will be prepared...or the epicenter.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

The biggest threat to America is itself. Let's make sure our police can oppress the citizenry without fear of being hurt.

Thanks for the post. That thing looks like something out of Mad Max. Guess the best way to ride out the apocalypse is to join the strongest gang in America..... the police

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The biggest threat to America is itself. Let's make sure our police can oppress the citizenry without fear of being hurt.

This type of thing with the police getting stronger and stronger is getting out of control, they are turning into more of an "Army" then anything else... The only down side of that is the only person they would "fight" would be us...
kinda upset that the police get these kind of weapons yet they wanted to take ours? Now that's just not cool

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The militarization continues, there no true need for these types of vehicles in poorly trained, quick tempered, no knock warrant serving hands. Whats next some f-22s?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
How can the US bypass Posse Comitatus?

Easy.

Militarize the police.

People not seeing this are just hiding behind their fears by DENIAL.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think it is about time that we take their weapons instead of them trying to take ours.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The police need equipment like that, like civilians need fighter jets and RPG's.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Low risk, Moderate risk and High risk are words that our emergency personnel are getting accustomed to these days. As much as we all would like to think in terms of a slight chance at best for a Pandemic, if it does happen, each and every door will be marked as such according to the planning.

I was at court in Diamond Missouri with my ex who got a ticket for speeding in that town, a meeting had just adjourned and I was able to see the writing on the chalk board quite plainly in one area in particular and it showed how they were to mark the doors, first square was empty, second with a / slash through it and the last an X. What those meant were as I wrote above, low risk, moderate risk and high risk. None for clear. Made me think.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Stillwater has a lot of LEOs, always has.

Sheriff, Highway Patrol, Local police and O.S.U. Campus police can all be found in the general area. I'm not surprised to see them spending on toys like this.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Lawton has one too. For all those murders right?

They paraded it around town a few months back, even brought it to a kids event at the park. Real cool.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

An Oklahoma sheriff's office has a new tool to keep residents safe.

The first line of the article, has me in awe, are people this stupid, when they read this, are they like, I am so glad the police department has that 40 some ton vehicle to keep me safe! With a big i'll eat any pile of crap propaganda you throw at me smile!

Some of us have notions of why they have these vehicles, I can't say for sure why they do, but whatever the real reason it's not good, My guess, when a few people start to rise up, they won't want anyone else to file suit. Thus the scare your pants off 5000, for the low low price of your tax payer's dollars!

edit on 31-10-2014 by iclimbtowers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I guess I am one of the persons that thinks giving away military vehicles, or selling them to local governments is no big deal.
Surplus equipment has been sold for many years. Today's military vehicle will be surplus for many years. Just like WW2 surplus was after that war. The only difference that I can see is the new vehicles are high tech, and very sturdy.

Some of these vehicles are in service with National Guard Units. You do not hear of anyone complaining about them using these vehicles for local emergency's such as tornado's, or flooding.

Sure there are several cities and counties have used them for SWAT and other purpose. But they where designed to carry soldiers into and out of bad places. It is no different than a SWAT team using a pickup truck or SUV that was designed for the same purpose.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Not when they use a all the military grade gear and vehicles for everyday calls. Not to mention how they make it harder for citizens to have military grade assault weapons with high cap mags but practically throw them at DHS and LEOs.

Civil war is on the horizon. They started the tactical deployments and are re allocating their assets on the board. There using the White House fence jumper as a excuse to beef up the security and fencing in EVERY Govt building.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The vehicle weighs 29 tons and has 6 wheel drive. That is not anything like a pickup truck or SUV, more like a tank. Plus, why does the Sheriff's office need one? The Fire Department possibly could justify one, but not the police.

Stillwater and Payne County are weaponizing their LEOs. The PD has received Tech Grants for the last 4 years, totaling $200K, which is taxpayer $. This vehicle was taxpayer money as well. Thus, justification is necessary and should be required for the public in my opinion.

Know that local governments are planning against their citizens, as a precaution. Trust has already been broken, and LEOs view us all the same...as a potential criminals and threats to their societies. They will put us down, out of fear, when their time comes.

The National Guard has a Nationwide purpose. It is worrisome that small town government LEOs are gearing up, trying to emulate them.

edit on 31-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I wonder what will happen when a jurisdiction argument starts between national guard and local police, will hot metal start to fly? who will die in the cross fire? would it spread? would civilians join in? who would civilians support? perhaps a three cornered fight?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Yeah, I'm with you there. I don't see what the big deal is, especially when they're not a heavy impact on the budgets.

We were pretty happy to have them here in Atlanta last year when they were rescuing thousands of people trapped on the highways by the snowstorm.

We'll probably be pretty happy to have them when China invades too

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I wonder if we wanted to fire all of the LE, due to corruption etc, how that would go over, does anyone here think they would give up willingly.

I doubt it, some of this military equipment has surprisingly been lost track of as well..

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The only time National Guard are around is when the Governor of the state activates them. Sure they have weekend drills, but that is not on duty in a community.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: codythatkid

This type of thing with the police getting stronger and stronger is getting out of control, they are turning into more of an "Army" then anything else.

POTUS said "he" was going to create a new military force, now we know.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Every police department should have an A-10 Warthog, so they can 'mow' down marijuana fields. The departments should have an AH-1 cobra for those pesky traffic stops that turn into pursuits. The icing on the cake would be an M1 Abrams or an M1 Bradley for those crucial barricaded subjects.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join