It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else love messing with delivery drivers????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Whenever my girlfriend and I get delivery I love messing with the drivers. Usually companies will leave a special box for instructions for the gate code or whatever. I always either write a novel in that box or ill write ridiculous instructions like for them to do the hokey pokey or answer trivia questions for them to get a better tip.

I just ordered a pizza and the guy should be on his way and in the special instructions box I put: Knock three times and I will ask what the password is. The password is New England Clam Chowder. Then I will ask if that is the red or the white. Its the white.

We will see how this goes.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
No I don't like making their already crappy jobs any more crappier.

These people are just trying to make a honest living, why would you be a jerk to them?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

If I were the delivery person I'd think twice about going to your house.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The password is New England Clam Chowder. Then I will ask if that is the red or the white. Its the white.

Lol nice!
Ace Venture reference.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

If it gets them a better tip then I guess its not to bad, but these guys do work on time and not sure they love playing your games.

Big sports night, bet those guys are swamped right now.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

No those guys bust their asses, are moving all day long and usually don't get paid all that well. I bet you think you are really clever and smart, making someones day a little harder, your not.

link   
a reply to: muse7

I can't wait for the "well they need to get a better job" response to this.

link   
a reply to: muse7

Im not being a jerk to them im just trying to lighten up there day. You know how many dicks they prob have to deal with??? I make delivering to my place fun. Plus I always tip well. Every delivery driver thats been to my place has always told me they got a kick out of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't crap where I eat. Or on the person that brings me food.

I tip well and am polite.

You may think it's funny but it's probably incredibly annoying and you're not the only one that does it. Like the idiots that ask if something is free because the register can't scan it. It is not, and we've all heard that joke. Give them a break and a good tip. You might find yourself pissing off the wrong guy on the wrong day and wind up eating something nasty.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Well not sure they can tell you to go to hell for it.
They know they nicer they are the better the tip so of course they will put on the face.
Not to mention that they can get fired for being anything but nice to you.
Fake it till you make it is a very popular sales term.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sicksonezer0

Making someones day harder??? Im sorry but delivering Pizzas is not brain surgery. That job should not be hard in the first place. If delivering pizzas was hard it would pay more.

Im just trying to have some fun and get them to smile and I always do. Its not like im a jerk to them. Im always nice and thank them and tip them. Like I said they always get a kick out of it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
When the economy tanked and I lost my job, I had to deliver pizzas for a few months just to keep a roof over my head. I had a customer that kind of did the same thing. He'd give instructions like "Look for the naked guy at the community pool if I'm not in".

He was always in, he was always high as a kite and he always tipped twenty bucks. I didn't mind at all that his little messages were on a slip. Now if he'd have demanded I do the hokey pokey? He'd have been wearing a pizza.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You will never know what they really think tho...
They can't tell you that it was stupid and it made their job harder, cause they know you can then call and complain and they get in trouble, and get stiffed on the tip.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Whenever my girlfriend and I get delivery I love messing with the drivers. Usually companies will leave a special box for instructions for the gate code or whatever. I always either write a novel in that box or ill write ridiculous instructions like for them to do the hokey pokey or answer trivia questions for them to get a better tip.

I just ordered a pizza and the guy should be on his way and in the special instructions box I put: Knock three times and I will ask what the password is. The password is New England Clam Chowder. Then I will ask if that is the red or the white. Its the white.

That's evil. I'd just drop the pizza on the floor outside of your door if i was the delivery guy, lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am always polite to waiters, delivery people and flight attendants.

Telephone sales people.
Still polite but it's hard to do.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its actually quite upsetting to see all the negative responses here on ATS. I guess when you hear negative news all day its hard to be in a good mood and not take things so serious. Like I said once and ill say again. These people are never upset about what I do. I always get positive genuine responses back from them.

Oh and BTW the guy that just dropped off my Pizza said that what I put in the instructions box made his night. He and I were laughing our butts off at it so cram it all you negative nancy's.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Im sorry but delivering Pizzas is not brain surgery. That job should not be hard in the first place. If delivering pizzas was hard it would pay more.

Tell that to the guy who has the pizzas and some big bottles of soda to deliver up 3 flights of stairs. Not everyone lives in a one family home, there are tons of apartments and not everyone is on the first floor. So these guys are doing a lot of running up and down stairs carrying things.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
People trying to make a living bringing food to your house DO NOT need you to make it more Difficult or Demeaning.

Shame on you.

May your next joke be in the welfare line as you have to ask for help.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I guess delivery people can take jokes better than people on ATS.

Noted for next time only post horrible despicable things on ATS unless you want to get chewed up by people.

Ill go enjoy my pizza now.

Peace Nancy's

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

That's evil. I'd just drop the pizza on the floor outside of your door if i was the delivery guy, lol.

I'D also leave a special gift on the pizza as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join