It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm proud to be white....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yup, I said it. I can be proud of my race right? I'm also going to say I'm proud to be male. Am I ruffling any feathers yet? How about I am most proud of being straight? I said it, I mean it. I assume there will be non whites, females and homosexuals reading this....can I still say these things? It is a rant so I have more to this story, some of you may have already figured it out but I will let this simmer for awhile before I explain.
If any of this makes you angry, GOOD. Vent it and I will continue with the story soon.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

I'm not angry. We have black pride, gay pride and everything else, so why not?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
No I am not happy with anything you just said.

I disagree with everything you say and I an pretty annoyed about this.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm proud of my own accomplishments. I don't piggyback off the achievements of other members of my "race". I am an individual not a cog in a white, black, gay or straight machine.

Yeah.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm proud that i'm not upset by what you say. There are lot's of things to be proud of. Why not be proud of yourself? Lets hear the rest of your story.

As long as your not saying anyone should be ashamed of their own selves.
edit on 30-10-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
No I am not happy with anything you just said.

I disagree with everything you say and I an pretty annoyed about this.

If you're not proud of who you are and the things that you have achieved, then my little Nemesis who or what are you proud of.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I can think of a couple members that will probably participate in this thread and most likely have their post then removed.
You have every right to be proud of who you are though, no problem with that.
Just don't act like white people have been disenfranchised on any level close to some of the pride movements we have today.
Seems like you just want to poke a bear here followed by a story that i am sure wont be embellished at all to prove your point.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
HAHAHA you racist!!!!

How dare you not look at yourself in the mirror and feel shame

You should feel guilt for being a straight white male. How dare you!!!!

link   
I'm pink..you should get out in the Sun a little more.

+1 more 
link   
Awesome, your opinion and the right to express it is a given right.........just like others whom you have mentioned may express their personal opinions on various subjects that you yourself may not agree with.

As I like to say - don't dish out the medicine unless you're willing to take it.

Feelings will get ruffled and emotions will run high but that is all part of learning to live with each other.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm proud of the kind of mother I am. I'm proud of my husband who has had infinite patience lately. I'm proud of my daughter and the choices she has made for herself. I'm proud that I have peace of mind at night when I lay down. I'm proud of things.... You know... That I or another can control. Choices and such.

Not much one can control over what color they were born.

But hey... I'm proud that you're proud. We all have different "floats" for our "boats".
edit on 10/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Awesome, your opinion and the right to express it is a given right.........just like others whom you have mentioned may express their personal opinions on various subjects that you yourself may not agree with.

As I like to say - don't dish out the medicine unless you're willing to take it.

Feelings will get ruffled and emotions will run high but that is all part of learning to live with each other.

Cheers

What a wonderful comment

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You want to ruffle feathers and piss people off but I don't think you'll succeed unless you go to the extreme that any of of those things you are proud to be are superior to anything that isn't.

Non-white, non-straight, non-male people don't have issues with white, straight, men... we have issues with those that think and act upon that thinking, that they're better or have more rights than the rest of us.

Can you turn your insecurities down a few decibels or is your intention to deafen us?

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I can think of a couple members that will probably participate in this thread and most likely have their post then removed.
You have every right to be proud of who you are though, no problem with that.
Just don't act like white people have been disenfranchised on any level close to some of the pride movements we have today.
Seems like you just want to poke a bear here followed by a story that i am sure wont be embellished at all to prove your point.

Yup, he's just downloaded that new bear pokeying App.

link   

I'm proud to be optimistic in spite of everything I've seen in this world. That is a choice. My skin color, my gender, my heritage and largely my sexual orientation are outside of my control, but on a daily basis I choose to hope and to keep striving for a better tomorrow although most of what I see in this world tells me to abandon that pursuit.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
Yup, I said it. I can be proud of my race right? I'm also going to say I'm proud to be male. Am I ruffling any feathers yet? How about I am most proud of being straight? I said it, I mean it. I assume there will be non whites, females and homosexuals reading this....can I still say these things? It is a rant so I have more to this story, some of you may have already figured it out but I will let this simmer for awhile before I explain.
If any of this makes you angry, GOOD. Vent it and I will continue with the story soon.

Then you must also be proud to be left/right handed, be a blonde/brunette or black haired, proud to have a functioning brain, proud that you are male/female etc etc etc...

You cannot be proud when disowning what you are, or when others are telling you to disown what you are...

Whitebread rant is moot - but you could dye your hair, skin, change sex, orientation...and the rant would become comic gold...

Å99

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Sorry...

Must be a slow night at that other website. You know, the one...

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Seems like you just want to poke a bear here

No,
He wanted you to do that...and you did.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

I'm proud to be optimistic in spite of everything I've seen in this world. That is a choice. My skin color, my gender, my heritage and largely my sexual orientation are outside of my control, but on a daily basis I choose to hope and to keep striving for a better tomorrow although most of what I see in this world tells me to abandon that pursuit.

Noiw that's a proper statement..you sure you ain't one of them thar Grey Aliens?

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I am proud to be a person who cares not for white or black, nor brown nor any other skin colour.

I am proud of my heritage, but the fact I am proud that my ancestors were mostly of Celtic stock has more to do with their balls out attitude, than it does to do with the colour of their skin. White is not a race, black is not a race, the entire idea of race, in fact, has no relevance other than that which is placed upon it by the ignorant on all sides of perceived racial boundaries.

Decomposition does not care what colour skin we have. Entropy does not care what race we are. Both will surely claim us all, and one day perhaps, the entire human species. You see, I am human before I am anything else. I bleed the same colour as everyone else on the face of the planet, and everyone else bleeds the same as me. Nothing else matters a good God damn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join