It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola and the Military Quarantine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how this is being handled. Let's say Group A of Soldiers come back and are quarantined. They're playing XBox and such and basically enjoying three weeks off with the occasional medical exam.

Then the day before being released, Group B returns.

Are the two groups integrated in the same area or is it separate? Are they kept in separate wards/barracks? What if a Soldier from Group A who has been cleared for release comes into contact with the fluids from Group B somehow (unwashed hands, urine, etc) and is let out into the population?

I'd like to know how they are conducting this.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Done right, Group A would be completely apart from Group B including anyone having contact with them. Doesn't mean the military will do it right, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
a reply to: TDawgRex

Done right, Group A would be completely apart from Group B including anyone having contact with them. Doesn't mean the military will do it right, though.

After 30 plus years of serving, I can't count how many times I have heard...

"Did anybody think!?"

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
At least they're trying, that's better than the medical side of things.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In the case of such a deadly disease, as Yoda said...

"There is no try, only do."

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

originally posted by: ketsuko

In the case of such a deadly disease, as Yoda said...

"There is no try, only do."

The true do or die would be an airborne pathogen like the flu. There is no real margin for error with that. Ebola is thankfully much easier to contain, or at least, it should be.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But there are rumors from various medical corners that say, it is starting (or has been) airborne. The thing that drives me up the wall is that people are willing to try to pull the wool over others eyes is by denying that, viruses evolve/mutate. They do and that's a fact.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: ketsuko

But there are rumors from various medical corners that say, it is starting (or has been) airborne. The thing that drives me up the wall is that people are willing to try to pull the wool over others eyes is by denying that, viruses evolve/mutate. They do and that's a fact.

I'm not denying that at all, but there are about four or five very specific mutations Ebola would have to undergo to become truly airborne. Nothing I have seen in the rate of spread so far suggests it has made that leap. It may be mutating to spread more easily, but it's not there yet.

And right now while we still have the time is our window of opportunity to get our act together.

new topics

top topics

join