It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We All Have Fears, What Is Your Most Primal Fear?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Being Buried Alive And Helpless Scares The Lifeboat Of Me

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
For me, the really spooky things are those chimneys called "Lobster-back rotary Cowls" on top of old red brick factory buildings. They are designed to rotate, so that the vent faces away from the direction of the wind.

With the old models, they would have the fin in the shpe of something gothic; a dragon head, old man winter, a raven, or a harvester with a scythe ...They always seemed to be looking around for someone or something to suck into the furnace...

chestofbooks.com...

Those are things that are creepy but not necessarily scary. There were a lot of old brick buildings with hugh smoke stacks at the Pilgrim State mental hospital on long island along a road with an abandoned railroad track with high grass running beside it. The buildings were boarded up and abandoned and they always gave me the creeps. So I get what you're talking about.
This page has some images. Ugggh shivers...

www.google.com... 33.3333333333334&bih=800

edit on AM0000003100000010104430312014-10-30T11:30:45-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Having another stroke. Scary as hell. Second would be nuclear holocaust

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thank you all for replying. This thread was created out of pure curiosity, and I respect those that do not wish to share their fears.

The one that struck a chord with me personally, was the one about swimming in ocean water. Jaws ruined the beach for me. Lol.

I have other fears, like bridges ( I had a recurring dream of driving off of one, for years), and while I could easily get inspiration from other writers, I prefer to get it from people who aren't employing themselves by making up stories.

Thank you all, again.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It's funny you should mention bridges, I dont mind little ones but those big ones you drive over freak the hell out of me.

And dairy cows(dont ask)

a reply to: ProfessorChaos

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Yeah, bridges and tunnels. I live in Boston, so they both come into play for me on a regular basis.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Heights. Went up into the Toronto Skytower once and they HAVE GLASS FLOORS!

The kids were gleefully jumping up and down on the glass while I was plastered in terror against the inside wall, on tippy toes, so as not to have any weight at all on the glass.

I think Hitchcock designed that building.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I haven't felt real fear in a while but I don't like certain things.

I hate the sensation of bugs crawling on me or things touching me that feel like bugs.

Also can't stand to look at little holes in an object or on a person.
Phones and speakers, fine. Leftovers from a parasite?
*shudders internally*

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Saw this happen at a car race but the guy got out ok.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Oh I know... Too bad I was a timid young child w no voice... :/

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27

Also can't stand to look at little holes in an object or on a person.
Phones and speakers, fine. Leftovers from a parasite?
*shudders internally*

Trypophobia?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I guess I'll have to go with fear itself. Cliche I know I just haven't felt a true sense of primal fear, but I know I'm afraid to meet whatever may provoke it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join