It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We All Have Fears, What Is Your Most Primal Fear?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Since it's Halloween tomorrow, and I write horror stories, I was wondering what people fear the most.

Often, the most common answer is "The Unknown", but not everyone breaks their personal fear down something as general as that.

What is the one thing that you are most fearful of? It doesn't have to be a rational fear, just a fear that is above all others for you (examples: The Dark, Germs, Boogeyman Character, Drowning, Claustrophobia, etc.).

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
well i guess more a phobia really.
being buried alive, even that scene in one of the kill bill movies had me grasping for air.
Really that's why i already signed to have any organs removed after my death, on one hand it will help others, on the other hand, no chance of me waking up in the coffin if half of my organs are removed. i know there is almost a 0% chance of that happening today, but hey, phobias can't be rational

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I fear you for wanting to know my fears because if i divlged that then someone could torcher me with it....been there done that

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: shells4u
I fear you for wanting to know my fears because if i divlged that then someone could torcher me with it....been there done that

Could not agree more.

Besides, irrational fears are embarrassing. So, sorry, I will not be sharing mine.

I once knew a guy that was scared of rabbits. Even wanted to overcome his dreaded fear ... so we took him out rabbit hunting. He would only come if he had a 12G for protection .... self defense against rabbits.

He said afterwards, he was a lot happier now that he knew he could deal with them but ..... his fear was still there. I stayed real close to him, he had a real fear, even with a 12G in his hands.

P

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
My biggest fear is that God actually does exist.

He is going to be pretty mad with me when I die given all the bad things I have said about him and his religions over the years.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Toss up between aliens and spiders

Apparently many Americans fear identity theft and walking alone at night. I will say walking or standing or just being outside alone at night is frightening though I can usually tolerate it.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What would be my most primal fear? Having someone know those things that terrify me the most, and using them against me. As a writer I'm sure you could gauge many different ideas from previously successful authors and movies.
People are afraid of being afraid.
No greater fear, than fear itself.
Hope that helps inspire.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I am scared of snakes. Hate them. In Australia though we have some of the most deadliest snakes in the world so we have a good reason. I used to be scared of drowning and I found out an ancester had drowned.
My wife is scared of bridges and does not like crossing them. An ex- girlfriend was terrified of yellow earthmoving equipment and would cross a road to avoid them! My daughter is scared of virtually nothing but cannot watch zombie movies a she is scared.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Won't catch me swimming deep in the ocean... where I'm bottom of the food chain lol.
Being in pitch black darkness is another. I had a cruel babysitter who would lock my sister and I in the garage with the lights out... I blame her for my sissyness of the dark.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Medicine pushing doctors is my biggest fear. The FDA and USDA being in charge of our food is something that Makes me uneasy too.

Having kids dressed up as doctors coming to the door would scare the hell out of me.
edit on 30-10-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Woodticks.

Hubby never believed how bad my phobia was until I found one on myself a few summers ago... his hearing has never been the same since.

Poor bugger had to comfort me in his arms for the rest of the night.

True story.

... needless to say I was embarrassed as all hell at revealing my wussiness over a stupid little bug.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Being trapped in wrecked car that catches fire. Most horrible thing I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Chaos.

My biggest fear is chaos. I grew up with order. Schedules. Regulations.

Random acts unsettle me.

There. That is my biggest fear.

That and clowns.

Really hate clowns.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

There's nothing to fear but fear itself .....Oh and these !

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Anything that could harm my kids. Having to watch them experience real fear and pain would be the worst.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

My worst fear has slowly become true and that's realising the one thing in life I wanted won't come to pass. Oh the horror!!

Otherwise being eaten to death by a shark, at night, in the ocean would be my 2nd top fear. The dark night because it adds atmosphere, the deep, black ocean for setting and a circling shark as antagonist. Drowning, being eaten and the loneliness of the ocean (giving life a metaphysical insignificance) all rolled into one.

Unless there was a zombie riding the shark, it doesn't get much worse than that.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
My biggest fear is either being eaten alive or being burned to death. Seriously. Both would suck so hard.

Or getting my head slowly removed by bad bad folk. :C

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Dying alone.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My somewhat irrational fear has always been being maimed in some way. This usually manifests itself as a dislike of chainsaws. I also used to dream of being run over with a lawnmower. I can easily use a lawnmower but I hate to even watch someone using a chainsaw.

Many years ago on Halloween my best friend and I went to Alice Cooper's Nightmare (A fairly famous Haunted House in Phoenix) and having finished the tour we were walking out into the parking lot. Logically assuming the experience was over we were talking each other up (that wasn't that scary) when out of the area where they normally would keep their dumpster comes running a leatherface-esque madman with his chainsaw running full bore. It scared the (thankfully non literal) crap out of me.

Speaking of scaring the crap out of someone. A haunted house actor over at cracked.com says that most houses offer a cash bonus to cast members who successfully manage to make someone crap their pants. They also say that some haunted houses have begun to handcuff patrons before the tour as part of the experience and to diminish assaults on staff members which is apparently rampant. Forget that noise.

Oh also one thing that I used to get freaked out about was whenever I had my head close to a wall I would imagine some kind of ghoul or the like with their head pressed right up against the other side of the wall. I think that is actually from a horror movie.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

YEP I MIGHT BE BLONDE BUT NOT STUPID...LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join