It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall in Philadlphia. Places to go, people to see, houses to haunt...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Greetings from one of the oldest and most haunted cities in the USA.

Since Halloween is just a few days away I thought I'd compile a list of some of our 'suposedly' haunted places for anyone brave enough to venture there. Some of our locals might find this of interest and if you're just passing through then grab a cheesesteak and see if you can't spot a ghost or two. Here we go...

Independence Hall is where you can find the ghosts of Benjamin Franklin and Benedict Arnold.

Washinton Square is supposdly the burial site for an old African American community and is guarded by the ghost of a Quaker woman named Leah.

The Betsy Ross House is haunted by Betsy herself.

The Eastern State Penitentiary is notoriusly haunted. It was also notoriously visited by our own Flyers Fan.

Allen's Lane is patroled by a Revolutionary War soldier. It's said he can be seen riding his horse while carrying his severed head.

The Baleroy Mansion is where you can find the ghost of Thomas Jefferson. It's also where you can find the famous chair of death. The chair is haunted by the ghost of a woman named Amanda and anyone who sits in it dies within several days.

The General Lafayette Inn (just outside of Philadelphia) had good food, some great beer on draft and, oh yeah, ghosts in the basement. Currently it's under rennovation.

Valley Forge is a little further out of town but supposedly haunted by soldiers who didn't survive that famous winter.

Byberry Mental Hospital is said to be haunted by patients who were mistreated there.

Leverington Cemetary is nearby where I live and it's said that it is violently haunted by apparitions and spheres.

There are lots more to find if you've got the nerve. Feel free to add to the list if you've got a favorite I left out. (I compiled this list through a lot of sources so I'm not going to bother with adding the links).

Also, I've always wondered that if you see a ghost in a historical location how do you know who it is? Do you just walk up to it and say (in your best Philly accent) "Yo Ben, how you doing?"

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

ByBerry got torn down, we used to go there all the time and have huge bonfires and get up to all kinds of mischief.

The catacombs that connected the buildings were the best and spookiest part.

new topics

join