It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News!! CNN & BBC Busted!! ISIS Is A Fake Threat!! 2014

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CyberSonic

ISIS are a bunch of rock-apes and the only way you and I know about them is thanks to propaganda

Yup and the Vietcong were once thought to be just a bunch of cavemen running around the jungles wearing black pajamas shooting at Helicopters with bows & arrows.

link   
a reply to: sled735

I do believe ISIS is real! However, not the reality that is being implanted in our little minds!

The question everyone needs to start asking is this, "Money seems to be the 1 thing that the governments seem to easily track, when they want to, so WHO IS FUNDING ISIS?".

You can't tell me they are so well equipped with weapons and vehicles that TPTB have no clue who is funding them.

link   
a reply to: CyberSonic

Have a listen to this guy:
www.liveleak.com...

He calls for his 'brothers' to carry out attacks in Western countries.

Do you think any will answer his call?

Do you think this is just more propaganda from TPTB?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The threat to the US from ISIS isn't a direct threat from those in Syria or Iraq; the threat is from a sympathizer, lone wolf if you will, within our borders.

ISIS is an evolved terror group masqaurading as a legitimate govt. They are using social media to reach the world, reach the individual, to cause harm to those who would oppose them. That is, what I believe, happened in Canada recently and why Jeh decided to ramp up security.

As for ISIS not being real? Tell that to the Kurds, Yazidis and everyone else being slaughtered by these animals!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

ISIS are getting money and personnel from all over the ME.

Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and more are all helping them.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

First they were ISIS, then they were ISIL.

Now they are IS. soon enough they will be I.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Actually, I am not terrified in the least. Just cautious, and not foolish.

You say Isis is not a threat to America? Hm. We have those home-grown loser dumb-asses who sometimes transfer from the street gangs to converted "Muslim Isis". They build some rag-tag bomb that works, put it in a back pack, and walk into a mall. (Think Boston Marathon). Does there actually have to be someone you personally love in that mall, before you consider it a threat? Like the above poster who was struck by lightening? It has to happen to you, before it's a threat?

Nor am I terrified of Ebola. I do believe I know how to take care of myself, if and when the occasion arises. After the Dallas debacle, we've learned a lot. I'm not confident we know all we need to know. I also think with all the civilized world looking for a cure/vaccine we will have one. Everything has something that can kill it. Including this nasty virus.

It's the people who fly in here, who are not cooperative, who know they have a fever and don't give a rat's derriere about what happens to our people, that concern me, and certainly it can happen, and certainly it places us at risk.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Actually, I am not terrified in the least. Just cautious, and not foolish.

You say Isis is not a threat to America? Hm. We have those home-grown loser dumb-asses who sometimes transfer from the street gangs to converted "Muslim Isis". They build some rag-tag bomb that works, put it in a back pack, and walk into a mall. (Think Boston Marathon). Does there actually have to be someone you personally love in that mall, before you consider it a threat? Like the above poster who was struck by lightening? It has to happen to you, before it's a threat?

So a deranged individual goes out and kills people because of his religious ideology. So how is that different than some gangster shooting up a store because a rival gang member was there? Or some guy snapping and going on a rampage? The thing is, life is dangerous. Fearing something because you MIGHT die is silly. Especially if the chances are ridiculously low. Yes it sucks to roll those snake eyes, but that doesn't mean that we should devote a bunch of effort to preventing those rolls from happening. S# happens, you can't prepare for all of it.

Nor am I terrified of Ebola. I do believe I know how to take care of myself, if and when the occasion arises. After the Dallas debacle, we've learned a lot. I'm not confident we know all we need to know. I also think with all the civilized world looking for a cure/vaccine we will have one. Everything has something that can kill it. Including this nasty virus.

I'm 100% confident that this time next year, you'll have forgotten that Ebola was even an issue. That is unless someone brings it up to say "I told you so" or analyze the public's overreaction to a disease that barely effected anyone. You know AIDS is still a pretty serious threat, with MANY people in the country still dying from it every year. Let's worry about something that is actually KILLING a significant amount of people rather than some disease that isn't doing anything to anyone.

It's the people who fly in here, who are not cooperative, who know they have a fever and don't give a rat's derriere about what happens to our people, that concern me, and certainly it can happen, and certainly it places us at risk.

That's the risk of having an open border. How does the saying go? "When you sacrifice freedom for security, you end up with neither."

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, just making a point that both Isis and Ebola are indeed current threats to America, imo.

No, they aren't. ISIS is literally on the other side of the world and will remain there. You have a better chance of slipping in your tub and killing your self with a head injury than you do being in a terrorist attack. With Ebola, there have been THREE confirmed cases. One of which died, because he tried to hide his symptoms when he entered the country, and the other two aren't going to die. If you think either of those two bogymen are a threat then you must be TERRIFIED of mundane life, which is FAR deadlier than those two "threats" in this country. Media manipulation has gotten a hold of you.

Have I told you lately that I love you. (Sung to its popular tune by Rod Stewart)
I've noticed recently that you're a loud voice of reason trying to quell the tsunami of fear gripping the members here.. Thanks. Good job. But you have your work cut out for you. It's a challenge to change our own beliefs never mind having someone else try to change them. If nothing else it gives people another view to consider.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Heh. Thank you. I've always been someone who can stay calm in the face of stress, fear, and uncertainty. Maybe that's why I was able to do my job while deployed in Iraq so well. But because of this, it allows me to keep a rational and thoughtful mind towards emotional rhetoric. And from what I've seen, emotional rhetoric tends to be full of half-truths and lies. But it also is wildly believable because it is designed to tug at your heartstrings.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
On the topic of ISIS, i consider them a threat, but perhaps not on the same level that the governments and media state them to be.

ISIS is a Salafist terrorist organisation, which means that their fundamental goals are to first unite all Muslims under a pure system and caliphate, before marching on non-Muslim states. There was an analysis i once read, and quoted on ATS, which stated that if ISIS were to march on Israel, they would first be concerned with eliminating and reforming Hamas and the Palestinians, before attacking the Jews. They are focused on Muslims for now, which means their physical threat to Western societies are minimal at best.

Where they are a threat is their influence. Attacking non-Muslim states may be against some of their early core goals, but it doesn't stop individuals within the organisation, or the organisation itself, from calling for separate attacks on Westerners. ISIS has made no attempts to actually form a plot on an organisational level in non-Muslim states, and i don't expect them to do so.

edit on 29-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: CyberSonic

ISIS are a bunch of rock-apes and the only way you and I know about them is thanks to propaganda

Yup and the Vietcong were once thought to be just a bunch of cavemen running around the jungles wearing black pajamas shooting at Helicopters with bows & arrows.

Only one thing to say about that link mate...Tonkin, there's another link for ya!

Someone had to say it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm 100% confident that this time next year, you'll have forgotten that Ebola was even an issue. That is unless someone brings it up to say "I told you so" or analyze the public's overreaction to a disease that barely effected anyone. You know AIDS is still a pretty serious threat, with MANY people in the country still dying from it every year. Let's worry about something that is actually KILLING a significant amount of people rather than some disease that isn't doing anything to anyone.

I think this time next year we will have forgotten it too, if not sooner. I know you know to say "some disease that isn't doing anything to anyone" is perhaps a stretch, however.

As for the other, our gangs are unhappy misguided teens and young folks who have turned to crime as an occupation and form of rebellion. Isis is much more than that. I think we will eventually do whatever we need to do to get rid of them, but they are killing many, many people, and are a very dangerous group of psychopaths, who I think would like nothing better than to come here and let their demons loose. So we should continue to be cautious.

ETA: Ebola will hopefully not be a threat before the year is over. But we are not there YET.
ISis will eventually be blown on to hell, and no longer a threat. But we are not there YET.
edit on 10/29/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I think the difference between an ISIS instigated act of terror and some random gangster shooting up a store is huge.

ISIS continually make threats to the UK and the US, they make videos urging their sympathisers to carry out attacks in Western countries. If some crazy dude made videos about how he was going to walk into a mall and start shooting people and posted them all over the internet would you ignore him?

I'm not trying to blow the ISIS threat out of proportion, but playing it down could be dangerous.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The war is thousands of years old. That's got to be the longest running "show" ever to be produced.
It makes my blood run cold when I hear stuff like this. Actors indeed. There are real people who have been killed. Real women being attacked by their own relations in the name of Allah. It's not a show. It's real and it is a blight on humanity. Videos like the above and thoughts that it's all fake are really just saying "Okay were going to allow this. It's all okay with us. Carry on with our blessing" . Think about that phrase "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"
It really makes me sad. So very very sad.
a reply to: Urantia1111

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

What about Tonkin? Are you saying that nothing happened in the GOT in '64?

One thing that has to be said about the GOT incident is that most people on here who mention it with regards to 'false flag' operations don't know anything about what actually happened, the GOT was not a false flag.

edit on 29-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Agreed

But..

Funny how those who believe themselves to be so much smarter are making the same mistake/false assumptions and obvious flaw of underestimating a possible enemy as did the Pentagon.

LOL!

edit on 29-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I never get why people are so quick to underestimate potential threats.

Open minds and proper planning always work.
edit on 29-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Not the first time you have been caught out and jumped to conclusions is it!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join