It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Craft Beers and Foodies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Every time I read or hear the word "Craft Beer" I want to punch an old lady. As opposed to what, Beer?

Foodies? You happen to enjoy eating more than one type of food? Crazy, so do I and pretty much every other living human being!

Short and sweet. I just had to get it out. Thanks for listening.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You must not be a beer person.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I like good beer. I like good food. I'm not a member of any snobbish club.
If you're happy with Pabst Blue Ribbon and Taco Bell, it's none of my business.
I don't turn my nose up at the cheap stuff if it's all I can afford, but I don't mind spending a little extra for the good stuff if I can.
Don't punch old ladies.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people enjoying good or expensive beer, I just can't stand people trying to make it sound like there is a difference between craft beer and beer. It's just beer. There is a huge difference between Sam Adams and Bush Light but you don't hear anyone acting like 1 is above the other.

a reply to: Psychonautics

I currently don't drink any alcohol at all any more but when I did I drank anything placed in front of me and I never would have sought out "craft beers". What is a "craft beer" anyway? One that is crafted, as opposed to brewed? It isn't the act of drinking premium beer that bothers me, it is just the term.

Which relates to foodies. I also like to eat different kinds of food, and regularly seek out things to digest that I haven't otherwise digested.

I don't really expect anyone to agree or sympathize with me here really, I am just being a semantic jerk.

Which reminds me of another one, I ride motorcycles. Every other motorcycle rider on the face of the planet seems to need to wave at me just in case I didn't notice that they too ride a motorcycle. Yes I am a curmudgeon.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

What is a craft beer you ask?
Craft Beer: An explosion of art and science coming together to build a drinkable masterpiece.

It's when people who enjoy drinking good beer get together, use their minds, and make their own.

Basically the opposite of "drinking anything in front of you".

But yeah, snobs suck too. They should stick to budweiser.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: skunkape23

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people enjoying good or expensive beer, I just can't stand people trying to make it sound like there is a difference between craft beer and beer. It's just beer. There is a huge difference between Sam Adams and Bush Light but you don't hear anyone acting like 1 is above the other.

Maybe you don't....

But, yeah, not all beers are created equal. Sorry. You literally can't tell me Anchor Liberty is on the same level as Coors Light.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If you're ever passing through Austin, stop and treat yourself at 'Uncle Billy's.'
Order a pint and a barbecue sampler plate.
If your mind is not changed, your taste buds have atrophied.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Personally beer just makes me sick. The odor, the taste, aftertaste.

Cider is my favorite. None of that fancy, "attractively packaged" junk, just plain cider.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Craft beers taste way better than mass produced piss-water. Try one.

Btw, what finally set you off to inspire this post. I'm really curious.
edit on 29-10-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Last night I tried a local blueberry beer I didn't think I was going to like it but man was I surprised. Lot more alcohol in them as well.

The distinction does need to be made between craft and something like Budweiser. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Oh Boy...biggest FACEPALM ever! You just insulted every food and beer person on Earth.

It's okay...you just don't get it because you've never had "drinking and eating out evenings" with me and my friends...there's still hope for you though.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
As craft beer is a term I haven't heard before is it an American term? If so is it just beer or is it Lager and Ales too?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Not all beers are equal. Coors isn't even in the same league as the German beers I had while visiting the country. Miller? Not even close to Michelob. I'd love to learn how to brew my own beer at home. I could tweek it the way I'd like.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I took my broke ass brother in law and his girl friend to dinner a few weeks ago.
I had two bud lights. They ordered two killian something or others each.
My beer was five bucks. Theirs cost me twenty three!
If people want to be beer snobs thats fine, but pay for your own raised pinky beer.

I like good food and I have tried fancy beer. I think its bitter and nasty.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoEpic
As craft beer is a term I haven't heard before is it an American term? If so is it just beer or is it Lager and Ales too?

Craft beer is to beer as Starbucks is to coffee.

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

I like good food and I have tried fancy beer. I think its bitter and nasty.

I know a lot of people who drink some beers because they are fashionable. Most of those beers taste pretty bad to me.
The best beer is the beer you enjoy and if someone else doesn't like it, who gives a damn.
edit on 29-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Craft Beer is a ham-fisted snobby label, but i guess they are what we call in the UK "Real Ale" as opposed to mass produced crap that tastes like piss. In the UK we like to pretend that US beer is appalling, but in truth we have rubbish served in crappy pubs too, such as Worthingtons, Tetley, John Smiths et al.... they are only good for washing dishes.

Real Ale kicks seven bells out of the competition.

And as an irrelevant aside, my blood boils when an Englishman drinks "Bud" (rather than the Nectar-like Budovar) and firmly believe that it is grounds for being tarred, feathered, covered in bacon and bible pages and deported to Syria.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Best beer I ever had was Appenzeller beer in Lichtenstein.
I thought I had tasted good beer until them. Holy cow!
That was amazing. (it was while on my honeymoon back in 1990).
No beer has ever come close to that.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

Craft beer is to budwiser, as "freshly ground coffee with just a touch of fresh cardamon thrown in for fun" is to Folgers.

Starbucks sucks! I can do a million times better!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

my understanding of "craft beer" is that it isn't bottled and sold en-mass. It is usually very small local breweries (small pubs who also make their own beer) who make these beers, and it is just them experimenting with various flavors and brew procedures/ingredients.. It is usually not expensive either... although the little guy really cannot compete price-wise with the Walmart of beer manufacturers... it is still not much of a mark up over their own costs.

Those who try to market these en-mass have probably removed all meaning from the word craft, the same way the supermarket removed the meaning of organic.
edit on 29-10-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Every time I read or hear the word "Craft Beer" I want to punch an old lady. As opposed to what, Beer?

Foodies? You happen to enjoy eating more than one type of food? Crazy, so do I and pretty much every other living human being!

Short and sweet. I just had to get it out. Thanks for listening.

If it's the terms used that boil your blood then here in the UK you can buy really nice bread by small companys that really love bread and it is far better than anything commercially made.

The problem i have is that it is now being referred to as "Artisan bread"

<<   2 >>

join