It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weirdest Thing Ever To Happen To You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Do you ever look back and wonder 727Sky was that something [ insert whatever ] showing you that there was more to life than you thought possible .

thank you for sharing with me

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
About 18 or 19 years ago when I was either 13 or 14 my family owned about 50 acres of land with a pond. My brother and I and some friends would go camping there pretty regularly. So this one night we had a nice size group of friends camping and drinking with us. Well around 2 or 3 in the morning we all hear a bell ringing on the opposite side of the pond from where our camp was, far off in the woods. As far as we knew there was no house or anything in that direction so I have know idea why a bell would be ringing that late at night. Also, it might have been the same night or another we hear the most blood curdling scream that came from the same direction as the bell. It never stopped us from camping there and nothing else like that ever happened. My brother in law had a weird experience there with a very large animal late at night at the same place while he was trying to kill some beavers that kept blocking off the little Creek that kept the pond from overflowing. He never saw it cause it stayed well hidden in the treeline, he said it sounded very large moving through the brush and he could hear it breathing and snorting.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Drkguardian

I remember something like that as a kid lying on the sofa at home i had a cold i think and was rubbing my eye , the next thing i was looking down at me but only for a split second then the [pop] and i was back but i never forgot it i might have been 4 or 5 at the time .

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Do you ever look back and wonder 727Sky was that something [ insert whatever ] showing you that there was more to life than you thought possible .

thank you for sharing with me

No unfortunately (maybe fortunately) I am like Beezzer and really have not had anything that given the right circumstances could not happen again.. I am just lucky that I have gotten to experience the things I have and still have all my body parts that seem to work on demand on a good day.

If I did not play golf all the time I would probably never think or utter a cuss word ! See boring !

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

yip your health is the most important one i have found that one out the hard way with my back and sciatica and you are lucky to have all the body parts work i feel 90 some days .

That was a lot of flight time you put in over those years , how many hours did you clock up in total

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

yip your health is the most important one i have found that one out the hard way with my back and sciatica and you are lucky to have all the body parts work i feel 90 some days .

That was a lot of flight time you put in over those years , how many hours did you clock up in total

Man I have been retired since 2005 but if I remember right I flew a little over 25,000 with the airlines and another 8700 with the military and corporate stuff. (once I got past 20,000 I really stopped caring). I was always in flying jobs.. One corporate job I had I flew a little over 900 hours a year with the average stage length for the helicopter (Bell Jet ranger) of just 28 minutes and the fixed wing average stage length of less than 45 minutes.. Mucho up and down but it paid off later.... for I could take 150,000 pounds of cold rolled aluminum, fuel and passengers and touch down on a runway like a cat pissing on a piece of velvet. hahahaha sometimes !

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
and the weird gets weirder

another link to my thread

ahh ats no words for the stuff that happens on here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I started thinking about magic; spent 3 months straight thinking about how to attain omnipotency.
Started hallucinating, those things said "Yeah, that works!"
Also, John Pilger, other journalists, left wing uni scene, kind of taught me that there's more to the truth than newspapers report.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have had a lot of strange things happen to me but the 'man in the park' is the strangest. My friends and I spoke to a man in a park only to have him disappear in front of us. We had a conversation in which we were getting directions from him and after giving directions he just blinked out and disappeared. I've seen other ghosts and heard them. But this was the strangest thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I've seen a UFO twice in my life.

I first saw one when I was like 6 or 7 years old and I don't put much trust in my memory regarding this event. Anyway, I was walking back to home from a nearby playground when I saw this strange torpedo-shaped object flying slowly over the area. It had this black and white chessboard-like pattern on it. On the flat end there was a warm orange light but no smoke or anything coming out of it. Since I was a kid I thought "cool, it's a space rocket!" without realizing that my home country of mere 5 million people has no space program... After watching it for a while I started feeling creeped out. Like I felt that there was something wrong with the scene there.

What really weirds me out about that one is that I wouldn't be the first person in nordic countries to see missile-like UFOs. The appearance and speed of movement could fit a blimp but we don't have those here either.

I saw the second one about a year ago. It was october and I still smoked tobacco back then. I went out to the balcony to smoke. The weather was awful. It had been raining, it was cold and the wind was quite rough. So there I am, aimlessly staring out of the balcony while smoking a cig. I see something coming into my view from the right. I look at it. My initial impression was that it was a passenger jet flying unusualy low. Then it comes to full view. It has no wings. No rudder. No lights. No sound. Nothing. Just this black cylinder which blasts from one point to another at an incredible speed. It was at least triple the speed of the passenger planes I see on daily basis here. I'm absolutely baffled. I try to hear anything, anything at all but I just hear the cars at the local street.

I've really pondered that one. The closest terrestial thing comparable to it would be a solar balloon. But there is no way they are capable of flying that fast especialy in such rough weather. In fact, the object flew against the wind which was blowing towards me. It could have been a distant military jet, but the elongated shape is a poor match for the F-18's and Hawks used here. And I would expect anything terrestial that was flying as fast to make a lot of sound. I can hear the regular passenger planes doing their regular flyovers and this thing looked like it was flying way closer to the ground than them.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5
The weirdest things for me were doppleganger issues that lasted for a couple of months.
People that knew me well claiming to have seen me and carried on a conversation with me when I was a mile away at the time.
Going into a fast food restaurant and the person taking my order claiming the I was in the restaurant the night before when it was not at all possible that I was there. They not only went by my physical appearance, but my accent... according to them.
During the same time period of several months, I left a group of friends at a train station. I was walking alongside the tracks. They saw me later and asked me how I disappeared. They said that as I walked away from them, I disappeared from their sight while only tens of feet away.
I have no adequate explanation for any of it. These things just stopped happening after a couple of months, and never reoccurred.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Well, as a kid i used to have hypnagogic hallucinations where my groovy jungle wall paper which had animal heads poking out of undergrowth used to move around and "do stuff" .

I've seen a UFO, and also saw my end credits roll when i was spiked with some PCP cocktail (apparently).

I've also had a few fights with walls when i've been asleep, and shortly after my 40th birthday i poohed myself when i thought i was only about to commit a minor "parp".

There is probably more.

Ah yes, i ran into the street naked once (i may have been wearing a hat though) while in a state of chemically induced confusion as a reckless youngster.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

LMAO

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't think anything weird has ever happened to me or at least if it has I cant remember it
I have noted that I am quite empathetic and can kind of sense if someone is not quite right but I think to a degree everyone has this talent. Another thing I have noted is the split second before an accident or crash..... I have been in a lot. I always get a second of complete clarity right before impact.
most recently I was hit by a car on my motorbike while on my way home from work I was doing 80kms a lady did not stop at a stop sign and merged lanes. my injuries are pretty extensive. but the split second before impact I got this clarity like always! don't get me wrong sometimes it helps me to avoid an object like a rock or pole but most of the time its a split second that feels like an eternity and me thinking "damn this one is going to hurt" in this case and as far as i know she didn't hit me on purpose all I could think was "you bitch" not sure if this translates to weird but its all i've got haha. as for the reason of looking at sites like these put simply im undecided about my name you will figure it out

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
hmm just to add to that the lady that hit me is a minister of the church here. and did not ring or visit me once to see if i was alive thought that was pretty weird/sad

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Oh, yeah, the feet on the stairs, I had that happen to me - just the one time, home alone, watching tv, when suddenly I hear someone running up the stairs, across the creaky floorboard, down the hall, then the footsteps just faded away. Scared the bejeezus out of me. It was that unambiguous experience that convinced me that "places" can have memories - I don't think there was a ghost or anything, just some kind of replay

I also remember being at work one day, when I was suddenly stricken with this profound sense of loss and grief - I thought I was losing my mind, really, I was just staggered by it. I looked at the clock thinking perhaps "something" had happened that I could relate it to. After a few minutes, it passed, and I went on with my day. That night, I found out, my wife's grandfather passed that afternoon, pretty much at the exact time I felt that.

I've felt the same thing on a couple of occasions that didn't correlate with anyone I knew about, and most people I knew that passed had no similar circumstance. I always think of something that, I think Kurt Vonnegut wrote, about how when someone dies, they release a cloud of psychic "butterflies", and they occasionally brush someone's cheek as they depart. I kind of like that notion - that description works for me.

Oh, and someone described in another recent thread about how a "pin" suddenly and mysteriously appeared - going through her mom's things after she passed, my wife had been looking for her grandmother's ring, couldn't find it, and decided her sister-in-law had taken it, (she'd taken a number of such things; the jewelry box had been gone through and emptied of anything but costume jewelry.) Suddenly, behind us, we heard something drop onto the floor, and looked, and there in the middle of the floor was the ring. Not 10 minutes later, sister-in-law arrives, comes up the stairs and asks "Have you seen your grandmother's ring? I can't find it." Wife said "Yes, and it's mine."

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

A group of us sat down at a KFC joint in the middle of the day. A lady walks up and asks us for money and we decline, she then starts to cluck and act like a chicken, garnering everyone's attention. She declared she was not leaving until we gave her money and kept clucking away until staff removed her from the diner.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: squittles

Oh, yeah, the feet on the stairs, I had that happen to me - just the one time, home alone, watching tv, when suddenly I hear someone running up the stairs, across the creaky floorboard, down the hall, then the footsteps just faded away. Scared the bejeezus out of me. It was that unambiguous experience that convinced me that "places" can have memories - I don't think there was a ghost or anything, just some kind of replay

I also remember being at work one day, when I was suddenly stricken with this profound sense of loss and grief - I thought I was losing my mind, really, I was just staggered by it. I looked at the clock thinking perhaps "something" had happened that I could relate it to. After a few minutes, it passed, and I went on with my day. That night, I found out, my wife's grandfather passed that afternoon, pretty much at the exact time I felt that.

I've felt the same thing on a couple of occasions that didn't correlate with anyone I knew about, and most people I knew that passed had no similar circumstance. I always think of something that, I think Kurt Vonnegut wrote, about how when someone dies, they release a cloud of psychic "butterflies", and they occasionally brush someone's cheek as they depart. I kind of like that notion - that description works for me.

Oh, and someone described in another recent thread about how a "pin" suddenly and mysteriously appeared - going through her mom's things after she passed, my wife had been looking for her grandmother's ring, couldn't find it, and decided her sister-in-law had taken it, (she'd taken a number of such things; the jewelry box had been gone through and emptied of anything but costume jewelry.) Suddenly, behind us, we heard something drop onto the floor, and looked, and there in the middle of the floor was the ring. Not 10 minutes later, sister-in-law arrives, comes up the stairs and asks "Have you seen your grandmother's ring? I can't find it." Wife said "Yes, and it's mine."

Several years ago I woke up from a dream where all my teelth where falling out. I went back to sleep and found out in the morning that my grandma has died in the night.

A couple of months later I woke up again from a dream where all my teeth were falling out, I thought oh Grandads died too now and went back to sleep.

I walked downstairs the following morning and asked My mum If Grandad had died in the night, she could not believe how I knew.

I have had so many things like this happen it's not plausable.

I was walking to the shop with a friend once and as we were walking I said we should cross over the road, about 30 seconds later my friend pointed out that we were on the right side of the road in the first place so why had I suggested we cross over.

I had no idea and was just about to say so when a car braked sharply and the car behind swerved onto the pavement exactly where we would have been if we had not crossed over.

It was about 10 in the morning and we where going to buy milk but we bought beers instead.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well deserved beers of reason.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Drkguardian

I remember something like that as a kid lying on the sofa at home i had a cold i think and was rubbing my eye , the next thing i was looking down at me but only for a split second then the [pop] and i was back but i never forgot it i might have been 4 or 5 at the time .

I got hit by a car when I was 5. I clearly remember looking down at my body laying unconscious on a table and doctors and nurses working on me. One of the doctors told my parents that they may have to amputate my foot. My dad told the doctor "If that foot is coming off it's going to come off on it's own!"
I asked him about that years later and he did in fact say that.
I'm glad he did. My foot is ugly but it works just fine.
I don't recall going back into my body.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join