It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official says Netanyahu is a ‘chicken# PM’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
In an interview with Jeffrey Goldberg, U.S. officials praise the prime minister’s caution about starting wars but decry his distaste for the peace process.

As the ongoing crisis in U.S.-relations continues, a report by The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg cites a senior U.S. official as saying that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is “a chicken# prime minister,” who only cares about his political survival.

“The thing about Bibi is, he’s a chicken#,” he was cited as saying. According to Goldberg, the Obama administration official said that Netanyahu frustrates the White House and the U.S. State Department the most.

“The good thing about Netanyahu is that he’s scared to launch wars,” the official said. “The bad thing about him is that he won’t do anything to reach an accommodation with the Palestinians or with the Sunni Arab states. The only thing he’s interested in is protecting himself from political defeat. He’s not [Yitzhak] Rabin, he’s not [Ariel] Sharon, he’s certainly no [Menachem] Begin. He’s got no guts.”

U.S. official says Netanyahu is a 'chiken#' PM'

Well there you, it seems the relation between Israel and the US is getting worse everyday. I kinda agree with the statement that says Netanyahu is a chickens*** ......amongst other things of course, and he only cares about his political career.

Netanyahu is a psychopath and a liar. The US needs to stop supporting this apartheid Zionist regime ASAP.

Seriously, Who needs friends like these ?

edit on Tue Oct 28 2014 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9
Not to get off-topic, but you might want to censor that headline before a mod does it for you.

On topic: I don't pay much attention to the talking heads. It's all rhetoric, anyway. Though I expect Netanyahu will have a courteous reply for that US Official.

edit on 10/28/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Excellent, even if it's rhetoric...

About time someone in the Political arena said it like it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
All leaders are. They follow orders.

But I think he might've been speaking about our president

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What a tactful and tasteful and diplomatic thing to say!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Sometimes you need to call a spade a spade.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yes, there is too much honesty in Politics, no need for more of it...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Zounds like a load of crap to me. Benjamin Netanyahu has probably killed enough people already that would constitute a warlike scenario. I have no idea why some US official comes out with a 'no guts' statement..that's crazy, unless the US actually want to take on Netanyahu in a scrap. Something is festering, dancing Israelis...anyone?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Government officials in Israel is constantly insulting the members of our government so turn about is fair play. But more than likely Obama will make this person apologize for his remarks either that or congress will scream about it because you know it's not a good idea to make the boss made.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Government officials in Israel is constantly insulting the members of our government so turn about is fair play. But more than likely Obama will make this person apologize for his remarks either that or congress will scream about it because you know it's not a good idea to make the boss made.

Mad or 'made' there is an undercurrent about something. The Chicken remark is just a platform.
edit on 28-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

That's fine.

But when did we stop calling an ally and ally?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The bad thing about him is that he won’t do anything to reach an accommodation with the Palestinians or with the Sunni Arab states.

Bang on the money comment and I hope this shakes up the U.S./Israel relationship

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

The bad thing about him is that he won’t do anything to reach an accommodation with the Palestinians or with the Sunni Arab states.

Bang on the money comment and I hope this shakes up the U.S./Israel relationship

I doubt it will.
But we can hope...

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That's fine.

Both Iran and Iraq come to mind. They are only an ally as long as they can be used. Unfortunately in this scenario it's the US that's being used.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It may be true but it's not a smart thing to say it out loud like that in the press. It destroys future efforts. Politics is a fine game played on the head of pin. This is just someone coming along with a sledge hammer and smashing and flailing. As much as many may like what is said and agree with it, it shouldn't have been said.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Why? Bibi's government has been ever so critical about the Obama administration. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: intrepid
Bibi's government has been ever so critical about the Obama administration. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

I hear ya'. And I think Bibi is a nutter. But we aren't supposed to resort to that. Leave him flailing and looking like the child and we should stay above it (and him).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: forgot mod tags

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

That's fine.

When they started behaving like an apartheid power hungry regime... In the age of social media... Youre not allowed to do that. You have to do it secretly. Or in other words not when the UN are protecting a school full of children when you decide to bomb it.
edit on 29-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This made me laugh so hard as I had just finished reading an article on how the U.S. is trying hard to mend ties with Israel.

Guess this guy didn't get the memo. Haha.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The problems, beside the insults and the whining, are the consequences of each one behaviour.
Interesting article hereunder.

The Real Danger to Israel's Security Is Netanyahu

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join