It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Navigation "Go To Page" Function...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hi!

If there is already a way to do this efficiently, please let me know.

In the larger threads, I find myself tediously clicking the arrows several times to find page numbers back and forth in threads, as it only loads up a small number of sequential pages to choose from. Is it possible to put a "Go To Page ___" function at the top & bottom of the thread pages? For the shorter threads it really doesn't matter, but these longer ones are tough to navigate back and forth. It would also help when returning to a larger thread, so I could input the page number where I left off and continue from there...

Just a thought. Again - if there is an efficient way to do this already, please let me know! I would be pleased to learn of my ignorance.

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard
You can do that in the address bar, not as easy as having a nice button for it though.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I'm not sure what you mean - how exactly do I do this???

Do you mean copy and paste? Doesn't work for mobile... ???
edit on 28-10-2014 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well ok then. Tumbleweeds and dust bunnies in the thread here, so perhaps I am alone in my desire to have a "go to __" function... *sigh*

Well... C'est la vie...

(waits patiently)

tap tap tap

Is this thing on???

*sigh*

- AB

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I hear you. I started reading a thread that is over 200 pages long, and quit reading at page 78 because I can't find any way to easily get to where I left off.

I would really like to read the entire thread, but it takes a long time to get to the last page I was reading!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Exactly! Thanks for the reply - I was beginning to wonder if it was just me! lol! I'm guessing it may be easier said than done, though. I've got no clue as to how much hassle something like that would be to add in to the site - it has a lot of bells and whistles as it is...

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'm with you AboveBoard. A "go to" page function would be a welcome addition to this very professional looking website. Maybe the Mods will add it in at some point in the future. Shy boys get no sweets.

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

1] Click on the address bar of your browser.

2] Highlight the page number.

3] Type new required page number over the old page number.

4] Hit Enter.

This method will take you to the page number you require.

I hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ForeverMan
You're awesome!

Thank you

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Scaleyback

Thanks, Scaleyback. I hadn't hear the "shy boy" saying before - but the intent is clear. lol!

(shuffles feet, takes deep breath, gets courage up...)

So please, Mr. SO and Mr. Springer, sirs, please may we have a Go To Page __ button...please?? Someday????
Respectfully,

AboveBoard

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It does work on the computer.

Thank you!!!

It does not work on my mobile devices so much...but hey, I do appreciate the help!!!

I agree that you are Awesome. This is what TKDRL meant, I believe. He/she is equally awesome.

Most appreciated!

- AB

edit on 28-10-2014 by AboveBoard because: fairness...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Tee hee my dad use to say it to me when I was growing up. Kind of ironic too as he ran a newsagents for years and now I'm 45 stone. Not really (well the 45 stone part)

Take care

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I really wish this forum had a "go to last read post" button like pretty much every other forum I use. It's very easy to start reading a popular thread, get to the last post, go to bed, come back the next day and find there are now 10 new pages of discussion and you can't remember where you stopped reading.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

1] Click on the 1st green icon [from left to right] in the TOP ATS link bar. It will take you to your profile.

2] Click on Posts. [The speech bubble icon]

3] Click on the most top thread you last replied to.

You should now have a page open at your last post in that thread.

I hope this helps!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You are on a roll my friend although I did know that one.

Scaley

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Looks like someone explained it a bit better. Sorry for being so vague about it lol.

top topics

join