It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Ridiculous Does Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Look Six Years Later?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
How Ridiculous Does Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Look Six Years Later? I was thinking about how our stupid wars in the Middle East have only grown since "Mr. Peaceful" took office. New wars in more countries and more drone deaths than all the other presidents in US history COMBINED. What a joke.

ETA: I am NOT defending Bush. He got this whole mess started. I am simply very anti-war and think it is hilarious that the current murderer-in-chief actually won a peace prize. If I were on the Nobel committee I would be asking for a refund.

A Link

Another Link

Last Link

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It was very embarrassing at the time and now even more so.

In all fairness I think he was a bit embarrassed at the time as well.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

He shouldn't have accepted it to begin with. What a joke.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Completely agree.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Maybe, in the future, the committee will be more careful about trying to make a cute political statement.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Maybe he thought it was the "pieces prize." If such was the case, then he's doing a great job.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Henry Kissinger,Yassar Arafat and various other vermin have been awarded this gong its been a joke for decades

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
its not such a bad fit if you consider when whatever we get told by the "establishment" we should believe the opposite......that being the case i would say the shoe fits just fine

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul is shaking his head saying: I could have $&@ked up worse, and still could have been a better POTUS.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I no longer think the President can, Obama or any other President, counteract all the defense industries, arms dealers, merchants of death (did you see that Nicolas Cage flick? It was great. Too True), and their ilk. They love the money and will do anything to keep it pouring in. Add to that the new mercenary armies such as the Blackwater group, under whatever new name they use. War is just too profitable for it to not continue. Even Assad buys oil from ISIS! It's all so circular and crazy. We took the Taliban out of power in a matter of weeks. We stayed over a decade. It will be right back where it was shortly. This has happened before.... just ask the British and Russians. So what State Department or Pentagon idiot thought we could go in there and change their society? No fricking way. It was insane from the start and remains that way. Destabilization. Yugoslavia turns into small states that war. Iraq turns into sectarian groups that war. It's all over the place and some people are making a Great Deal Of Money! Obama reacts, he doesn't lead.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I mean, yes it was a stupid decision from the Nobel committee ...but you guys realise that Obama had nothing to do with that right? I know you like to blame him for everything from burnt toast to it raining yesterday, but this really was nothing to do with him.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
About as ridiculous as any of the awards have been in recent years...

Any relevance that this award had has long since passed. Deserving people are ignored in the name of political statements...

I didn't pay much attention before, I pay none now.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Since they aren't planning on taking it back...I say Obama wear it around your neck.

Show the people you have it and there is not a damn thing they can do about it, give them wink and finger gun.

Let them protest, let them go on forums, chatrooms, blogs and cry about it..

give them this and dangle it and say..whatcha goona do about it...huh..huh..write a very stern letter....yeah...thas what I thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Henry Kissinger,Yassar Arafat and various other vermin have been awarded this gong its been a joke for decades

Considering that there is a cool Million involved in being awarded this prize, I want in on the joke.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It is as ridiculous now as it was then.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I remember all the hype here years back by many, I say, MANY members about how great Obama was going to be. At the time he was defended for receiving the Nobel, Where the hell are all those supporters now?

I said it then and I'll say it now, When the new guy finally sits behind the Oval office desk things tend to change. Not always for the better apparently.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
a reply to: myselfaswell

He shouldn't have accepted it to begin with. What a joke.

I was listening to Radio Sweden during the time they were announcing the winners for the other various disciplines just a couple weeks ago and they mentioned that a person cannot refuse the honor but didn't really elaborate on what that actually means.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

How Ridiculous Does Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Look Six Years Later?

Unearned award became hypocritical award? I think the ridiculousness has been amped up to 11. Time to breakout the ricockulousness.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Not at all. He won the peace prize for beating McCain and ending the Busk-Cheney war machine.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Back in 2008, I could tell Obama was all fluff just off of his campaigning alone. I certainly gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time (I didn't vote for him, but when he won I figured I'd withhold judgment on him until he had been in office for a while), but while he was running I could never figure out what he stood for. All I knew about him was "Hope and Change". Then he won that award and I couldn't believe how duped the world had become over one man's rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join