It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 20 Next-Gen Combat Rifles

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

MAYBE BUT THE P90 WASNT DESIGNED TO FIGHT LONG RANGE BATTLES IT WAS DESIGNED TO GIVE TANK CREWS A RELIABLE COMPACT WEAPON

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The P90... Could have been cool.

Unfortunately it's just a blowback SMG firing a round with very close to the same energy as .22 magnum. Personally I like the B&T MP9 chambered in 6.5x25 cbj which can more than DOUBLE the range at which it can penetrate armor likely to be encountered on the battlefield. (It can penetrate BMP armor at 400 meters) If they just started selling their "soupcan drum", Basically it's a 100 round helical drum about the size of a campbells chunky soup can. Unlike normal drums it's long not high diameter.

Oh and did I mention that the CBJ round can be fired out of anything that can chamber 9mm? Personally I think they'd have done better to base it off of a .38 super or 7.62x25 tokarev case and bumped the actually penetrator to .22 caliber. I'd also be extremely happy if someone else realized that they're onto something with their sabot design in a BIG BIG way!

LIke I said... I really don't think any of the rifles mentioned will be remembered as anything more than a rump generation desperately put out by the old guard to desperately try to hide that they painted themselves into a technological corner and are calling it technological maturity as a salve to their egos and bottom lines.

There's an entire generation of homebuilders with tools, techniques, and technologies that in some areas are already matching or surpassing what most of the old guard are using. Sometimes having the ignorance or arrogance to think you can do better really is a blessing. When you combine that with the wonderful collaborative research tool that is the internet ... well magic happens sometimes. The first half of the 20th century was the scene of such explosive growth primarily because the only thing "everyone knew" for sure was that experts could be wrong!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join