It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson PD Caught Lying Again – Michael Brown’s Autopsy Condemns Officer Wilson

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The doctor says this it was not the only explanation for said wound but just one of many possible scenarios.

yes she does but right after saying that.
it says right here in the quote you just posted.

However, Dr. Judy Melinek, one of the forensic experts who was quoted by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about the autopsy report, said that the newspaper took her comments "out of context." The paper quotes Melinek as saying that the report of Brown's autopsy "supports the fact that this guy is reaching for the gun, if he has gunpowder particulate material in the wound. If he has his hand near the gun when it goes off, he's going for the officer's gun." However, during an interview with MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell, Melinek said that she believed the findings could be explained by other scenarios as well. "I'm not saying that Brown going for the gun is the only explanation. I'm saying the officer said he was going for the gun and the right thumb wound supports that," she said, reports MSNBC. "I have limited information. It could also be consistent with other scenarios. That's the important thing. That's why the witnesses need to speak to the grand jury and the grand jury needs to hear all the unbiased testimony and compare those statements to the physical evidence."

so she did say that it supports what Wilson said. he was there she wasn't but agrees that what he said could be. what, do believe that wilson was smart enough on the fly to make up a story that a autopsy report could support? do you know what all he would have to know to make up a story like that.

reading her words, sounds like a person that is a cop hater and is covering her ass by covering both bases.

The other stories are claiming that th Dr. was stating that it was the only explanation, therefore it was fact he went for the gun...which is a lie and misrepresentation of what the Dr. actually said.

news articles are written by news people. do you have any video or audio recording of any police officials, DA, or officials of Ferguson saying that. hell even then that could be edited and be suspect.

edit on 27-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: areyouserious2010

Well said. The tensions in that community run deep. As deep as the Deep South.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Its not about "Wilson".

Its about that whole police posture there, the history of abuse of the citizenry and how pissed off they are about it.

I completely agree that there is a culture of police overreach and aggressive posturing. I certainly will not be the first to say that LEO's around the country are becoming much more militarized than I find comfortable. The issues of corruption and bias are very much a real thing.

I was only speaking in context of this case by itself, not it's implications for the wider consequences of it's eventual resolution.
edit on 27-10-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: correcting grammar/spelling

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Here's what the doctor said on her blog:

There’s a big difference between “The hand wound has gunpowder particles on microscopic examination, which suggests that it is a close-range wound. That means that Mr. Brown’s hand would have been close to the barrel of the gun” and “he’s going for the gun.”

The reporter claims the interview was on the record, and that she has transcripts of the Dr saying "he's going for the gun", the pathologist denies making that conclusion, only that his hand was very near the barrel of the gun, but whether he was going for the gun was only one possible explanation - he could have, for example, been trying to hold the officer's hand in a gesture of peace and goodwill.

So, the dispute is between the Dr and the reporter, and is only over that quote about what Brown's hand was doing near the gun when it went off. The reporter stands by the quote.

The "lie"here is in the subject line of this thread -

-- "Ferguson PD caught lying again" - false, the Ferguson PD had nothing, at all, to do with the interview.

-- "Michael Brown's autopsy condemns Officer Wilson" - Again false - the pathologist isn't saying Brown did or did not go for the gun; she draws no conclusion about that, so the only dispute is whether she said those words to the reporter, who stands by the quote. Neither the autopsy, nor this pathologist who reviewed it condemns Officer Wilson.

edit on 27-10-2014 by squittles because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2014 by squittles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Sure Brown was an idiot who may or may not have just stole some cigars and pushed the cashier. Does this justify a death sentence?

People seem to just trivialize Brown doing that like it means nothing.

It shows the guy had a bad attitude, and that means everything in this case.

If he got violent with a gas station clerk, do you really think he would not do the same with a cop? If he has a bad attitude, do you think he is just going to turn that off and start acting right with a cop?

Only thing this policeman is guilty of is doing his job.

But the residents of ferguson don't want to hear anything like that, its almost like they want to burn their own city to the ground.
edit on 27-10-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I grew up in that neighborhood and can tell you that I got out back in '01. It is dangerous and you can't get the police to show up half the time you call them. They don't want to go in there. The picture above is the house I grew up in believe it or not. My parents raised 4 kids there and even at its worst,never looked like this. There are many houses sitting that are condemned there now.This is the house my ex lived in that was bought and paid for by his parents. It was a fairly nice house when he lived there. Now it is condemned and looks like this:

Urban blight has hit this area bad. These houses were all occupied before the market crash. Now they are drug houses. The people in these neighborhoods are aggressive and only worry about the law when it is getting in their way or someone decides to 'get back' at them. The 2 remaining families on the street behind my old house,won't even venture out in daylight any longer than it takes them to get in their car and leave.

While there, I witnessed Gang wars,drug deals,the after effects of murders,and dog fighting. These are NOT the type of people you would want moving in your neighborhood. A few of my neighbors were very nice,and we did have friendships.But most I wouldn't touch with a 20' pole.

Now I don't know anymore than anyone else here what exactly transpired the day this MAN was shot. Sorry,but if you legally old enough to leave home your an adult,PERIOD. But when I watch the video of him in the store shortly before this all went down,I can't help but feel that he was being a bully and decided he could take on the world. Does that mean he should have been killed? I don't know,but if he thought he was big enough,and decided foolishly that he could bully a cop,then maybe. It depends on what he did next. I hear the witness' are coming out and now agreeing with the officer that shot him on the unfolding of events. I guess time will tell. But personally I think the whole area should be razed and rebuilt. I won't go there in broad daylight,and I used to be in a gang myself.

Burned out house just sitting.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

But the residents of ferguson don't want to hear anything like that, its almost like they want to burn their own city to the ground.

They very nearly did during the riots that took place in the infancy of the protests.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Sure Brown was an idiot who may or may not have just stole some cigars and pushed the cashier. Does this justify a death sentence?

People seem to just trivialize Brown doing that like it means nothing.

It shows the guy had a bad attitude, and that means everything in this case.

If he got violent with a gas station clerk, do you really think he would not do the same with a cop? If he has a bad attitude, do you think he is just going to turn that off and start acting right with a cop?

Only thing this policeman is guilty of is doing his job.

Hey, cut the guy a break. He was a gentle giant who was college bound and just recently found religion, according to his family. The fact that he had just assaulted a shop owner over cigars is immaterial. (eyeroll) That bad cop with a previously clean record just decided to shoot an unarmed black man.

"In the weeks afterward, until his shooting death by Darren Wilson, a white police officer, on Aug. 9, they detected a change in him as he spoke seriously about religion and the Bible. He was grappling with life’s mysteries".

"You may see him on a picture with some friends that may have been in a gang,” Ms. McSpadden said. “He wasn’t in a gang. He just knew how to adapt to his surroundings. Michael was so cool that he could just get along with anybody.”

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 27-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
This whole Ferguson thing is really starting to turn into a circus.

You have one side screaming injustice, one side suggesting self defense, and anyone who seems to speak up in support of Officer Wilson is branded a racist and ostracized. This is in spite of mounting evidence of a violent confrontation between Brown and Wilson, which gives credence to Wilson's side of the story.

Personally do I believe that Wilson used excessive force? Probably, but he was also probably in very real fear of his life. If someone tried to wrench my gun from me, I'd not hesitate that should I gain control of the weapon, I'd fire it. Multiple Times.

Of course, that is if the evidence proves that Brown went for Wilson's gun. Still very much up in the air at this point, though at the beginning I sided with the Ferguson protesters, with each new piece of evidence that finds it way to the public, I find myself sympathizing with the kid less and less.

But Brown was running AWAY. How does he feel threatened? The first reactionary shot during the struggle maybe, but not the 5-6 shots in the back of the legs. There is mixed information on the net and it isn't clear how many times he got shot or where but he was at least shot in the back of the legs while running away.

"Stop (running) or I'll shoot" is NOT justified killing nor is it self defense.
edit on 27-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Interesting. Can you provide any source documents for that?

I hadn't heard he'd been shot in the back of the legs before, I'd love to see proof of it!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Even Dr. Baden, who came at the request of the Brown family, did not report that there were any wounds in the back of the legs.

Stop making things up.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

This whole Ferguson thing is really starting to turn into a circus.

You have one side screaming injustice, one side suggesting self defense, and anyone who seems to speak up in support of Officer Wilson is branded a racist and ostracized. This is in spite of mounting evidence of a violent confrontation between Brown and Wilson, which gives credence to Wilson's side of the story.

Personally do I believe that Wilson used excessive force? Probably, but he was also probably in very real fear of his life. If someone tried to wrench my gun from me, I'd not hesitate that should I gain control of the weapon, I'd fire it. Multiple Times.

Of course, that is if the evidence proves that Brown went for Wilson's gun. Still very much up in the air at this point, though at the beginning I sided with the Ferguson protesters, with each new piece of evidence that finds it way to the public, I find myself sympathizing with the kid less and less.

But Brown was running AWAY. How does he feel threatened? The first reactionary shot during the struggle maybe, but not the 5-6 shots in the back of the legs. There is mixed information on the net and it isn't clear how many times he got shot or where but he was at least shot in the back of the legs while running away.

"Stop (running) or I'll shoot" is NOT justified killing nor is it self defense.

Nowhere does the autopsy show he was shot in the legs at all.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

That is depressing.
Of course the Police State should go, but this ghetto culture needs to start being condemned as well. Political correctness be damned.. this is no way for people to live, nor is it a way of life that should be glorified. No matter what color you are.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Again not all facts are in yet and the whole story has yet to be told..yet you condemn Brown and make Wilson out to be some big hero.

Still makes no sense to me why Brown would run and then turn to charge.

Name one scenario where that makes sense. If you fleeing from someone shooting you, you have two options..keep running or since it was a cop, turn and give yourself up, expecting that the officer would stop shooting and just arrest you.

He was not on drugs as the pathology makes that clear...the drugs that were found in his system were consistent with someone who had taken drugs a few days before this happened.

If he did charge the officer ..was it suicide by cop....because that would be the only explanation as to why he would turn around and charge after fleeing.
edit on 27-10-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I was only speaking in context of this case by itself, not it's implications for the wider consequences of it's eventual resolution.

Fair enough.

I was indicating that gunning down of unarmed citizens is just a symptom of that wider problem. The same problem that has always been there. The deeper problem of race hatred. The shooting was just a symptom of that.

The all white authority structure designed to" keep the black man down". That is too obvious to someone like me who is looking at it from the outside.

Its easy enough to see, go there and ask the people how they feel about their authority figures.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
For reference;

This might have some info for conparison...

St Louis County Report

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Again not all facts are in yet and the whole story has yet to be told..yet you condemn Brown and make Wilson out to be some big hero.

Still makes sense to me why Brown would run and then turn to charge.

Name one scenario where that makes sense. If you fleeing from someone shooting you, you have two options..keep running or since it was a cop, turn and give yourself up, expecting that the officer would stop shooting and just arrest you.

He was not on drugs as the pathology makes that clear...the drugs that were found in his system were consistent with someone who had taken drugs a few days before this happened.

If he did charge the officer ..was it suicide by cop....because that would be the only explanation as to why he would turn around and charge after fleeing.

Hmm, well, there are a number of sources that say the levels were enough to trigger hallucinations - I don't really buy that he was hallucinating, but high levels can make you paranoid.

As to trying to apply common sense to someone's actions - try applying logic to the actions of a school shooter, or someone who kidnaps, rapes, and murders a young girl, or sprays a crowd full of people with gunfire for no apparent reason at all. People do crazy stuff all the time - you can't "suppose" or try to apply external logic - you can only follow the evidence of what they actually did, not what you or think they should've done. If logic prevailed, Brown would have gotten out of the middle of the street, and we'd have never heard his name.

People keep repeating things that aren't true as "facts" - like someone up-thread that said he was shot six times in the back - no way, no how. Looking at the autopsy, he was shot in the front, and there's nothing to indicate his hands were "up." A contemporaneous account of the shooting says Brown ran, stopped, turned around, and came at the officer - and the witness said the cop must've keep missing, because Brown kept coming. I give more credence to those who related what they saw immediately without thinking much about more weight than someone who waited a month to say they were there, and what they saw - especially when contradicted by the objective evidence.

There's little doubt that this all should have ended some other way. And those who think the officer acted wrongly are entitled to do so. But they're not entitled to make up their own facts - those who keep repeating demonstrably incorrect and incendiary "facts" while being *so* interested in this case clearly have an agenda that doesn't include the truth.

If someone isn't interesting in the objective truth, they're not interested in justice.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am tired of this story. Cops are allowed to defend themselves from an attacker like ANY other person. Stop with the race-baiting and riot-inciting.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I am tired of this story. Cops are allowed to defend themselves from an attacker like ANY other person. Stop with the race-baiting and riot-inciting.

If you want to see some riot-inciting, wait till they officially announce no charges for Wilson. Then all hell will break loose (and not only in Ferguson).

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Bravura

The one thing I have seen time and again that would make someone go against an armed opponent.

He had already "tagged a cop", he tried to run and the cop was out of the car and had him. He turned around and tried to intimidate the cop verbally and when he thought there was an opening he charged. He gambled and lost.

It is worlds beyond bullying. People come to think it is their right to do what they want on the street. The more they get away with, the more they think they can get away with.

edit on 28-10-2014 by 200Plus because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join