It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse Under Ebola Quarantine Criticizes Her Treatment

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I recalled my last night at the Ebola management center in Sierra Leone. I was called in at midnight because a 10-year-old girl was having seizures. I coaxed crushed tablets of Tylenol and an anti-seizure medicine into her mouth as her body jolted in the bed. It was the hardest night of my life. I watched a young girl die in a tent, away from her family.

and that little girl probably felt the same way she did at the airport regardless of where your at possible ebola exposure/quarantine is not going to be pleasant.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It's an over-reaction by the airport staff. If she did have a case of the Ebolas, then she could have infected many others on the plane. So why wasn't the entire flight put in quarantine?

The behavior of the airport staff and authorities seems to be one of two things; either to be overdramatic to make it look like they are doing something (which would have been too late) and/or to humiliate her.

If there has to be quarantine, then it should be done before she goes on the plane, and not 12 hours later after arriving in another country.
right? I couldn't agree more don't understand why there isn't a quarantine in place in Africa before flying home. wouldn't that be the best and safest and for the people that have been exposed to Ebola? At least they know what they are dealing with and should have a check out point to handle the quarantine for all workers and volunteers who plan to travel home to another country. if they don't close the borders it would be the next best way to try to contain the virus, but that doesn't seem to be the plan it looks more like they want it to spread...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: badgerprints

and that little girl probably felt the same way she did at the airport regardless of where your at possible ebola exposure/quarantine is not going to be pleasant.

Well,
I'm pretty sure I made it clear in my post that she would be upset and that it was to be expected given the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: kaylaluv

Chicken. Egg.

I'm not even sure what that means. Chicken. Egg. Sandwich? I'm sure she would have loved a chicken and egg sandwich instead of the crappy granola bar she got.

Which came first? Chicken. Egg? Not familiar with that concept?

What it means is that either they planted her to create the situation or took over and took advantage of her situation. But either way, they USED her ass.

Hilarious about the sandwich. Not.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Chicken. Egg.

I'm not even sure what that means. Chicken. Egg. Sandwich? I'm sure she would have loved a chicken and egg sandwich instead of the crappy granola bar she got.

What it means is that either they planted her to create the situation or took over and took advantage of her situation. But either way, they USED her ass.

When you say "they"... do you mean the CDC? Obama? The state of New Jersey? And when you say "planted", do you mean the only reason "they" sent her to West Africa to help the dying people there, was just so "they" could send her back through the New Jersey airport to undergo the poorly-thought-out quarantine procedure? When you say "took over", do you mean "they" came up with the poorly-thought-out quarantine procedure on purpose, just so they could make themselves look bad? And they wanted to make themselves look bad because.....?

Phew, I gotta get me one of those tin foil hats just to keep up...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Chicken. Egg.

When you say "they"... do you mean the CDC? Obama? The state of New Jersey? And when you say "planted", do you mean the only reason "they" sent her to West Africa to help the dying people there, was just so "they" could send her back through the New Jersey airport to undergo the poorly-thought-out quarantine procedure? When you say "took over", do you mean "they" came up with the poorly-thought-out quarantine procedure on purpose, just so they could make themselves look bad? And they wanted to make themselves look bad because.....?

Well, gee, seeing as how this all worked out, what do YOU think they are?

And yes, I'd suggest that if you are going to hang out here, a hat might help. That or reading the thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

We all respect your right to your opinion BUT when you start throwing around insults .... you've just admitted you don't have anything else intelligent to say. State you opinion. Listen (or not) to other opinions but keep your insults to yourself.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Okay, here's what I think happened: people who don't understand how the disease spreads are getting all panicky, screaming that we need to shut down all air traffic, blah , blah, blah. So New Jersey and New York's governors are getting all nervous because of all the screaming people, because, election year and all that. Sooooo, the whole poorly-thought-out quarantine process was a knee-jerk reaction to appease the screaming masses.

I think the nurse was a legitimate healthcare worker who was trying to fly to her home, got stopped at the New Jersey airport, and was caught smack dab in the middle of this poorly-thought-out quarantine process. She's not a timid mouse apparently, because she screams bloody murder at how she's been treated, and how poorly thought out this whole New Jersey quarantine process was. The CDC comes to her defense, because they happen to think that quarantining someone who isn't a super high risk (and has no symptoms) is unnecessary. Now you can agree with the CDC or not, but I fail to see the conspiracy here.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For those that say "she's tested negative, what's the big deal in letting her go" I suggest you read this article. This is not some opinion piece. This is an article with factual information from medical professionals.

www.webmd.com...

A test that can tell the difference in minutes or even a few hours just isn't available right now, experts say.

First of all, there is no test at all to determine Ebola infection in a person without symptoms.

"Ebola has an incubation period of from two to 21 days, and nothing we have is effective at picking up infection before that happens," explained Philip Tierno, a clinical professor of microbiology and pathology at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City.

"In fact, pre-symptomatic diagnosis is really a holy grail for infectious disease," added Dr. Amesh Adalja, a spokesman for the Infectious Disease Society of America. "It would be great to have it for Ebola and influenza, and a whole host of other infectious diseases, so we could intervene fast. And it's certainly something that many people are researching. But that kind of screening ability is really still in its infancy."

Did you get that? Look at that last paragraph again. Let it sink in. The implication of what he is saying that you can test someone that is ASYMPTOMATIC everyday for 20 days and they might just test negative. And on day 21? They may develop symptoms. A clinical professor for microbiology and pathology and a spokesman for the Infectious Disease Society of America are telling you what the CDC will not. Nurse Kaci has tested negative but she may still have Ebola.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
She's criticizing her treatment, but I'm going to criticize her attitude. She wasn't being treated poorly or unfairly. It is common sense to quarantine a person in her position. I fully approve of her quarantine, especially considering how poorly the medical staff have been acting with this and their inability to self quarantine properly.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Like I said, either way you look at it someone more than likely conspired to use her and her 15 minutes to push their agenda.

So no, there probably isn't any conspiracy theory here. It's more likely conspiracy fact.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Like I said, either way you look at it someone more than likely conspired to use her and her 15 minutes to push their agenda.

So no, there probably isn't any conspiracy theory here. It's more likely conspiracy fact.

If you believe that pushing an agenda just means arguing your position, then yes, I would agree. The residents of New Jersey were pushing their agenda of shutting down air traffic. The New Jersey governor was pushing his agenda of appeasing the masses. The CDC is pushing their agenda of no quarantines for health care workers who have no symptoms. The nurse was pushing her agenda of being treated better by her own country.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

My opinion is that NY and NJ announced their decisions to quarantine and it was a simple matter of the CDC (or some other agency, take your pick) to contact DWB for a list of returning medical workers. She obviously had contact with the outside world because she had her cell phone and took pictures.

They put her in a tent and she complained. If they had put her up at the Ritz-Carlton she would have claimed they had put the public at risk. Doesn't really matter anyway. It's all speculation anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The CDC speaks out of both sides of its mouth too. They appear to believe in quarantine except when someone leans on them politically. That of the current CDC leaders don't even read or believe in their own information, which is pretty likely seeing how they're behaving.

If you don't believe the WH pressured them and the governors, that's fine. Having watched this all unfold, I do happen to believe that to be the case.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm just curious. How many of you espousing how hard Ebola is to catch would, in the event of mandatory quarantines and not self monitoring, open your homes to one of the exposed HCWs to wait out their 21 days? It's very hard to catch right?

Lil

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
I'm just curious. How many of you espousing how hard Ebola is to catch would, in the event of mandatory quarantines and not self monitoring, open your homes to one of the exposed HCWs to wait out their 21 days? It's very hard to catch right?

Lil

Good point! The next time our President or Dr. Frieden holds a press conference, someone should ask that question!

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
For those that say "she's tested negative, what's the big deal in letting her go" I suggest you read this article. This is not some opinion piece. This is an article with factual information from medical professionals.

www.webmd.com...

A test that can tell the difference in minutes or even a few hours just isn't available right now, experts say.

First of all, there is no test at all to determine Ebola infection in a person without symptoms.

"Ebola has an incubation period of from two to 21 days, and nothing we have is effective at picking up infection before that happens," explained Philip Tierno, a clinical professor of microbiology and pathology at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York City.

"In fact, pre-symptomatic diagnosis is really a holy grail for infectious disease," added Dr. Amesh Adalja, a spokesman for the Infectious Disease Society of America. "It would be great to have it for Ebola and influenza, and a whole host of other infectious diseases, so we could intervene fast. And it's certainly something that many people are researching. But that kind of screening ability is really still in its infancy."

Did you get that? Look at that last paragraph again. Let it sink in. The implication of what he is saying that you can test someone that is ASYMPTOMATIC everyday for 20 days and they might just test negative. And on day 21? They may develop symptoms. A clinical professor for microbiology and pathology and a spokesman for the Infectious Disease Society of America are telling you what the CDC will not. Nurse Kaci has tested negative but she may still have Ebola.

Kaci needs to remain in quarantine for several more weeks because the incubation period hasn't ended. In fact, it's been suggested that it could be as long as 42 days. If it were up to me, quarantines would be mandatory AND last for 60 days to be on the safe side.

Anyone who suggests that Ebola is hard to catch needs to answer this question: Would you be willing to bet the lives of your family on that? If someone in your community turned up with Ebola, would you be willing to shake hands with them? Bowl with them? Eat lunch with them? Let your kids play ball with them?

I think not.

Because of the irresponsible actions of a few people (i.e. Dr's Spencer and Snyderman) these quarantines MUST be enforced.

Because Dr. Spencer's was not, all of NYC is at risk, given the high concentration of people in such a small place. With all the means of public transport, inc. the subway. Multiply that by the number of homeless people, who are especially vulnerable to disease, and it's a recipe for disaster. Imo the Pandora's Box has been opened and in about a week or so we should find out how many were infected because of this selfishness.

So, I don't feel sorry for Kaci, esp. given her ties to the CDC. She knew better.

If it were up to me, there would be a total travel ban to/from West Africa until the crisis is over.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she won’t abide by quarantine

Attorneys for a nurse released from isolation in New Jersey after returning to the U.S. from West Africa say she will not comply with Maine health officials’ requirements that she remain under quarantine at home for 21 days....

Source

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If the little princess won't abide by the quarantine, she should be thrown in jail.

And, if she contracts Ebola and then passes it onto someone else because of her selfishness, she should be charged with a crime.

Can't say I'm surprised at her display of incredibly selfish behavior, being an employee of the CDC.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join