It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spider-woman and the Los Angeles Lizard People.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
According to a certain wise spider-woman there are always seven levels to a good story, the first is amusing, the second is intriguing, the third is informative, the fourth is revealing, the fifth is perplexing, the sixth is astonishing and the seventh is secret, though some say it is simply the spider-woman herself, or perhaps she is an eighth.

Here is one such story that involves spider-woman herself, it is a very great story as told by the Hopi Indians and it is a true one, in relating their account i shall also show how spider-woman herself has woven it over time to make the story come true, though it is such a great story i can only provide fragmentary evidence.

Long ago, on the enormous far rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona, lived the ancestors of the Snake Clan, who belonged to the Hopi Indian tribe. Chief of the Hopis had a very wise son, who liked to sit and meditate on the edge of the canyon rim. He tried many times to imagine where the powerful river far below finally ended.

Experienced ancient men of their nation did not know the answer for Wise Son. Their council leaders had different ideas among themselves. One thought the river took a secret course through enormous underground passages. Another thought it entered the middle of the world and there it nurtured large and dangerous reptiles.

So where to begin, in the City Los Angeles there is a Street named Hope and on the intersection were that Street ends there is a Library and it is called the Central one, this Library as they themselves have noted was connected with a search for the Underground City of the Lizard People who it had been reported could have lived beneath it some 5,000 years or so previously;

Los Angeles' Central Library notes that, quite appropriate to the later library setting, the Lizard People owned golden tablets which delineated the story of the world since its beginning, the Lizard People's history, and even the origin of humanity.

What had given rise to this speculation is that there had apparently been a certain ancient treasure map, that was marked out on sheepskin parchment, that perhaps was of Spanish origin, contained strange signs and symbols and seemed to suggest that it was located beneath a configuration of hills that formed a 'V' shape, or the 'frog of a horse shoe' as it was described, and was to be found on the Pacific Coast.

Impatient, Wise Son said to his father, the Chief, "Is it not time for me to seek my quest? I wish to go down the great river and find the place where it ends."

Proud of his son's desire for accomplishment, the Chief gladly granted him permission to follow his quest. Wise Son, overjoyed with his coming venture,planned specifically for every need. His family and tribal friends helped him to design and to build a waterproof boat that could be closed entirely,like a cocoon.

He constructed a long pushing-pole to help him navigate the waters. The maker of medicine tied prayer sticks at the top of the pole, with special blessings for a safe journey.

Now there was also a certain hill called Fort Moore Hilland upon that hill on August 13, 1846, early in the conflict, U.S. naval forces under Commodore Robert F. Stockton sailed into Los Angeles and raised the American flag without opposition. A small occupying force of 50 Marines, under Captain Archibald H. Gillespie, built a rudimentary barricade on what was then known as Fort Hill overlooking the small town.

And it came to pass that on that self same hill in 1897 as reported in The LA Times a certain cache of gold coinage was dug up and recovered by three Mexicans, perhaps this had dated back to that first expedition which had been forced to beat a hasty retreat from their position upon the hill, but for the purpose of our story it set a precedent for rumours of gold treasure to be found there.

Finally, the day arrived for Wise Son to launch his special canoe. The Chief and his warriors arrived with supplies of food, good wishes, and more prayer sticks.

Week after week, Wise Son drifted with the river. He was happy. He learned to keep his boat in the main current, though it carried him through several turbulent side routes, including rapids and tunnel-like caves. He victoriously came though these experiences with joy in his heart.

On and on Wise Son traveled, winding his way out of steep canyons and through flat meadowlands. He caught fresh fish for his main food supply. Oneday, Wise Son noticed a change in the taste of the water. It was salty and he knew that he should not drink it. Then to his surprise, he suddenly floated into a great body of water that extended as far as he could see.

He had discovered the place where the mighty river ended, in the ocean where the sun sleeps!

Accordingly in 1933 a certain Mc'Creery and Martin arrive in the City with the aforementioned map in search of the Underground City of the Lizard People, and having obtained the services of a certain Dowser named Shufelt to supposedly help in locating such, and it is upon Fort Moore Hill they dig as by precedent that seems to afford the best possibility of finding gold, and they speculate that the hills marked upon their map correspond to the hills of Los Angeles in that area of the City, such that the Central Library is down toward the tail end, and where the South West Museum of Indian antiquities will correspond to the upper head, as they saw the overall complex as in the shape of a Lizard, person...

He saw an island and guided his boat to its shore. There was a house nearby. Upon investigation, he found only a very small entrance door. He knocked and asked, "Please, will you let me come in and see you?" Spider Woman, who possessed supernatural power, lived there and answered,"Please make the hole large enough and enter."

This, Wise Son did and sat down inside. He presented to Spider Woman one of his prayer sticks and told her of his adventure to find the place where the river ended.

Interestingly the portico of the Southwest Museum is based upon Central American motifs which often related to serpent Deities of the Underworld, so some nice detail there, and of course one might perhaps learn there that the native Americans would have had different ideas as to what constituted treasure.

When I return to my nation, I wish to take with me a gift that might be helpful to my people," he said. "There is a neighboring house where there are many beautiful ornament-like beads and rocks. These might be gifts that you can take to your people," she replied. "But I must caution you to be careful of the vicious animals on the path.

I will give you some of my magic lotion to protect you." Together they started for the treasure house. To guide him, Spider Woman sat upon Wise Son's ear, where she could whisper to him

And below we continue with the tale.

edit on Kpm1031296vAmerica/ChicagoFriday2431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sadly though they dug a deep shaft they found nothing, again in 1938 a certain Roger J. Adams excavated upon the hill and found the same, such activities coming to a terminal conclusion in 1948 when the City authorities eradicated the entire hill to construct the Hollywood Freeway.

Immediately, Wise Son sprinkled some magic lotion on the marshy path. A colorful bridge appeared instantly, guiding them across the marsh to the treasure house. First, they encountered an enormous lionlike animal showing its fangs. Wise Son tossed him a prayer stick and sprinkled magic lotion,which calmed the creature.

Second, they met a bear-like animal; third, a mad catlike creature; fourth, a ferocious wolf-like beast; fifth, a huge angry-looking snake with rattleson its tail. Wise Son quieted all of them with Spider Woman's magic lotion.

The treasure house had steps leading to the roof, and from there steps took them down into a large room. Men squatted around the inside walls. The warriors wore handsome, bright-colored beads hanging about their necks. They had painted their faces tribal fashion.

The suggestion that what the map represented was a Lost City of the Lizard or Snake people appears to have been made by consultation with a man of Hopi descent, as this article from Skeptoid relates, Somehow Shufelt met with a man named L. Macklin, said to go by the Hopi Indian name of Little Chief Greenleaf. Macklin told Shufelt of a Hopi legend of Lizard People, an advanced race, who built the city beneath Los Angeles to escape surface catastrophes some 5000 years ago. Their history was kept on gold tablets.

Wise Son squatted by the fire. All remained quiet for some time. The men gazed at Wise Son constantly. Finally, their Chief arose and lighted hispipe. After smoking four times, he passed the pipe to the stranger. Wise Son smoked the magic number of times that seemed to please the Chief and the others. They then greeted him in a friendly manner, as if he were one of their own.

In return for their warm welcome, Wise Son gave to each man a prayer stick tipped with special feathers made by ancient Hopi nations men. "Now it is time to put on our snake costumes," announced the Chief. Wise Son observed that skins of enormous serpents were suspended from the ceiling, around all four walls. He was asked to face about, so that he would not see how the warriors got into their snakeskin costumes.

Seemingly then people had been digging in the wrong location, but the story having been widely reported spawned further Underground cities of the Lizard people as in 1934 a certain Mr Brown persuaded 80 notables of Stockton to join him in an expedition to such a City underneath Mount Shasta which he had discovered previously, the tale is well documented here with regards to The Lemurian Connection.

When Wise Son was asked to turn back, he saw snakes of many sizes and colors, hissing and writhing over the dirt floor. Spider Woman remained on Wise Son's ear. "Be strong," she whispered to him. "The snakes will not hurt you, only frighten you. Do whatever I tell you."

The Chief of the Snake People had made his daughter become a yellow-snake-with-rattles. Wise Son did not know this, and he was asked to choose the Chief's daughter. If he could choose correctly, the Snake People would show him their ceremonial dance. They also would give him many beads and gem-rocks to take to his nation.

Wise Son tried very hard to guess which snake was the Chief's daughter. Spider Woman whispered in his ear, "Choose the yellow one with rattles." Wise Son did, and yellow-snake-with-rattles suddenly became the loveliest and fairest of maidens. He knew immediately that he could easily fall in love with her.

As the author of the Skeptoid article notes, Shasta is said to be full of secret caverns, jewel encrusted tunnels, and whole subterranean civilizations peopled with all sorts of exotic races. Most notably, it's the home of the Lemurians, an ancient race whose original continent called Mu sank and now make their home inside the mountain, in the great five-level city of Telos. Lemurians, who are tall, white-cloaked beings speaking English but with a British accent, employ invisible four-foot-tall beings called Guardians to protect their city. Bigfoots are also said to populate Shasta. Among all this exotic company, Reptoids would hardly be noticed.

That evening the Chief and his warriors gave to Wise Son all the secrets of the Snake Ceremony. They taught him the words of praise and
thanksgiving, which they sang for him. They showed him the ceremonial steps,which they danced for him. They showed him how they put on their snake costumes. Finally, they showed him their altar.

After Wise Son learned all that he should know, he and Spider Woman re-crossed the bridge and returned to her house. He presented her with
another prayer stick, as he thanked her for her help. In return, she gave him a beautiful bead of turquoise from her north room. She gave him a white shell from her east room. From her south room, she gave him a red bead, and from her west room a larger turquoise. She then gave him a bag of special beads for his nation, but she warned him not to open it on the way home.

So the quest for that City beneath Mount Shasta continues unabated, meanwhile on the Hollywood Freeway the search for and seeming conflict with the subterranean Lizard People has only ever intensified, with no end to the speculative melodrama that would supposedly ensue if those critters ever showed their face, whether by mounting an invasion from space or popping up from the centre of the Earth, but we are ever reassured that America would have the technology and heroes to save us from their dastardly schemes.

Next morning, Wise Son went back to the house of the Snake People to say farewell. Their Chief welcomed him and declared, "You have gained our friendship and my beautiful daughter. Take her for your wife. We wish you happiness and a pleasant journey back to your nation." The nation gave them many presents of good clothing and much food to send the happy couple on their way to Hopi land.

The one thing that Hollywood always seems to overlook, and this just isn't like them normally, is that the tale is in essence a romantic one, this they can never accept, or perhaps it is the case that the story simply isn't finished.

edit on Kpm1031296vAmerica/ChicagoFriday2431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

As a resident of LA I find the Lizard people legend fascinating. There are rumors that the Lizard people sometimes lurk on LA's Subway System.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I love the way you wove the tale, of course, between true L.A. history and architectural elements there, some history and the Hopi version together, cohesively. Excellent, I must say.

Those that ascribe to leylines as declinations of the geomagnetic/biomagnetic grid as it goes to nearly 0 the close you get to magnetic north (thus described as a declination), which is a field between (and above) us and the ionosphere of our atmosphere, know that L.A. may be unique in that there are polarity declinations there---though only in terms, perhaps, of the leylines, as there are people who describe huge polarity encoding in L.A. and through its industry, but that's a whole other matter.

This was another reason why it was thought for a long time, there was something of an underground "portal" of some kind. Shrug. Who knows? Maybe there's a real stargate there, and not just the usual shaping and making of Hollywood stars.

Thanks, again, for a well crafted tale.
tetra

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
That's because of the nasty rumor of what they may be using the subways for. L.A. did a Halloween worth movie about that. Haunted me for a long time. Don't watch scary movies anymore as a result. lol

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Great story. It really fits together with a lot of other material I have read regarding subterranean reptoids, not just in LA but ALL OVER the world! I really honestly believe there is a lot more to the "reptilian conspiracy" than most researches are willing (or allowed) to admit. There are just waaaaay too many synchronicities and coincidences for me to just sweep it under the proverbial rug. Thanks for re-telling this story, it is one I have (surprisingly) not heard before.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Yes i'm sure that's true...

a reply to: tetra50

Thanks and you're welcome, i did notice the other day you were considering incidents of High Weirdness regarding Los Angeles so that's pretty much what prompted the thread anyway, you need to factor in the San Andreas fault in those regards perhaps.

Also i think i watched the movie you referred to quite recently, totally bonkers but again of course true.

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yes sure it's global, but still i think Los Angeles has a specific and important part to play.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Yes sure it's global, but still i think Los Angeles has a specific and important part to play.

Absolutely. LA and Mt. Shasta specifically. There has always been a certain air of mystery about that area. A lot of what I read points to this area as a major point for ritual and occult practices. Their MUST be something there that draws these "people" (Elitists) there (Bohemian Grove) but who knows. Everytime you even begin talking about this conspiracy you are labeled a "nutter". Guess I'm a nutter.

kallisti

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Very very well done. Lets crowdfund a movie, this has pretty much everything going for it!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The Geology of anywhere mountainous makes it a mystery in itself. You have rock millions of years old, raised upwards against gravity by geological processes and time, water erosion and deposition processes both on the surface and underground.

Many times, they will find gullies and streams that just disappear into underground tunnels and caverns.
Then the legends are that these go underground for thousands of feet and lead to underground oceans and cities. The old gold miners always had the legend that someone found the entrance behind a rock in a dried out river bed.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Everytime you even begin talking about this conspiracy you are labeled a "nutter".

As one of our infamous and esteemed x-members used to say...

""The louder the opposition protests, the more I know I am on the right track." Zorgon

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes that's a great idea and the main love interest would be yellow-snake-with-rattle...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well done Kantz! All that was new to me though I have read some Hopi myths. Back over here in the Eastern the US the Cherokee Indians had a special reverence for anyplace that water emerged or disappeared in to the Earth. They believed these were spirit portals and dangerous places not to be fooled with. They and many other tribes also believed that snakes were spirit messengers. One need only look at the serpent mound in Ohio to know this was indeed true.

I can see how water and snakes would be seen as connected - both could seemingly appear or disappear in to the Earth at will. The course of a river and the way snakes move is yet another similarity. Not sure where I'm going with this but perhaps others will find meaningful connections between them.

link   
God I love these threads....screw making a movie, let's go to L.A. and find the city!

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
And, you could do it just like Kantz wrote it, weaving both separate stories together. It would be great!
2nd

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Reminds me of the well of Sheshna in India with the door at the bottom....

Anyway, droppin knowledge
Source of Knowledge

In the late 17th century, British astronomer Edmund Halley proposed that Earth consists of four concentric spheres and "also suggested that the interior of the Earth was populated with life and lit by a luminous atmosphere. He thought the aurora borealis, or northern lights, was caused by the escape of this gas through a thin crust at the poles."

In the early 19th century, an eccentric veteran of the war of 1812 John Symmes promoted the idea of interior concentric spheres so widely that the alleged opening to the inner world was named "Symmes Hole."

Jules Verne wrote Journey to the Center of the Earth in 1864 and Edgar Rice Burroughs (1875-1950), the creator of Martian adventures and Tarzan of the Apes, also wrote novels set in the hollow earth. Legends often ignite the imagination of fiction writers and fiction often ignites the imagination of the pseudoscientist.

In 1869, Cyrus Reed Teed, an herbalist and self-proclaimed alchemist, had a vision of a woman who told him that we are living on the inside of the hollow Earth. For nearly forty years, Teed promoted his idea in pamphlets and speeches. He even founded a cult called the Koreshans (Koresh is the Hebrew equivalent of Cyrus).

In 1906, William Reed published The Phantom of the Poles in which he claimed that nobody had found the north or south poles because they don't exist. Instead, the poles are entrances to the hollow Earth.

In 1913, Marshall B. Gardner privately published Journey to the Earth's Interior in which he rejected the notion of concentric spheres but swore that inside the hollow earth was a sun 600 miles in diameter. Gardner, too, claimed that there were huge holes a thousand mile wide at the poles.

In the 1940s, Ray Palmer, co-founder of FATE, Flying Saucers from Other Worlds, Search, The Hidden World, and many other pulp publications, teamed up with Richard Shaver to create the Shaver Mystery, a legend of a world of hollow earth people and an advanced civilization. Shaver even claimed to have dwelled with the inner Earth people.

According to Richard Toronto, the FBI blamed Palmer and Shaver for concocting "flying saucer hysteria" in 1947, making them the true founding fathers of modern UFOlogy.

This is all pre-admiral Byrd but does give a good review of how this legend evolved and who was driving it....some notable names there.
edit on 24-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Everytime you even begin talking about this conspiracy you are labeled a "nutter".

As one of our infamous and esteemed x-members used to say...

""The louder the opposition protests, the more I know I am on the right track." Zorgon

My sentiments exactly, Klassified.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I would take it a step further and say that earthquake/volcanic activity itself is the source of this legend, or more appropriately, the energy they release. I've been thinking that certain places with unique geological features can act as passages to alternate universes, in this case one where insect and reptilian life was never forced into extinction during the age of the dinosaurs....

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Yes the energy they release, the Kachina;

The Hopi say that during a great drought, they heard singing and dancing coming from the San Francisco Peaks. Upon investigation, they met the Kachinas who returned with the Hopi to their villages and taught them various forms of agriculture. The Hopi believe that for six months out of the year, the Kachina spirits live in the Hopi villages. After the Home Dance in late July or early August, the Kachinas return to the San Francisco Peaks for six months.

a reply to: Asktheanimals

The version of the tale i sourced was from the Cherokee archives here, and of course the way the snakes move is as you say important to observe and consider, for example as i related it was a certain Stockton that first brought the American expedition to Los Angeles and then it is the good citizens of Stockton that are united to go off in search of a Lost City beneath Mount Shasta, is that the way of the serpent or spider...?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Uh, well no. The energy released would be the same as any earthquake/volcano could generate, but instead of dissapating into the surrounding rock and soil its concentrated in tunnel/cave systems. All those vibrations subtly shift the frequency of the matter inside, displacing it to an alternate universe.

The Kachina would just be explorers who came through the passage...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join