It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewelry that harvest energy from your body.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Jewelry that harvest energy from your body.

not really, theoretically but interesting.

Industrial designer Naomi Kizhner has developed a concept for an invasive jewellery collection that converts kinetic energy from the body's involuntary movements into electricity (+ slideshow).

Naomi Kizhner designed the Energy Addicts accessories in response to the world's impending energy crisis, looking for an existing energy source that is yet to be tapped in to.

Made of gold and 3D-printed biopolymer, each design in the collection would be worn on different parts of the body to harvest energy from specific physiological functions.

I design and make jewelery and would probably wear it, but I'm crazy like that.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
more pics

The E-pulse Conductor would harvest energy directly from the electric pulses sent by the neurological system through the wearer's spine.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What a great idea! Where is the cell phone and IPad connection.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Oh hell no.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow. It's nice enough, but after looking at the last picture, I notice that the tip is shaped like a needle cannula, and a large one at that, therefore meant to go under the skin? If that's the case, then there's a risk of introducing contamination and infection into the body. Again, if it's meant to go under the skin, then I would certainly not recommend it at all. Pierced earrings are not the same, as a hole is made which has to heal, and the earring is placed through that healed hole each time the earring is worn, unlike that pin which would have to create a new incision each and every time. I would want to know more of course, but on first examination, it would appear dangerous to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's missing a USB port so I can charge my cell phone with my brain...

Oh maybe a standard mains outlet would be better. I could charge my Nissan Leaf by fidgeting about.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I agree with the above poster, it would be entirely un-practicable, medically/sanitary etc.

But I see this more as an artist's concept/idea...rather than something which will come to the market soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I think it is made to go directly in your vein the one with the wheel would spin, I think.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
I agree with the above poster, it would be entirely un-practicable, medically/sanitary etc.

But I see this more as an artist's concept/idea...rather than something which will come to the market soon.[/quote

right the one for the eyes is not invasive]

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I think it is made to go directly in your vein the one with the wheel would spin, I think.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

lol, what?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I tend to cringe when needles are mentioned. That gif showcases my essential reaction to the images, as well as the quote. The thought of sticking this thing in your arm, and then utilizing it as some sort of turbine driven power source is ghoulish at best. What is this, a Blade movie? Are we making jewelry for vampires now?

CONSPIRACY ALERT: Naomi Kizhner is designing post apocalyptic slave implants for our future vampire overlords to easily access.

But seriously, who hears energy crisis and thinks to design something like this? Admittedly, this could have ramifications in cybernetics by having self contained power supplies, but still... freaking ouch.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

would make a great movie, I could see it happening

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Awesome way to get infected and to power a watch battery every year.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's unlikely an artist would be able to design anything functional like this. And I note that the little turbine is disturbingly symmetrical - it wouldn't turn even if you DID insert it into a vein.

It's a statement, not a technical breakthrough.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes, I realize that.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

wow crazy stuff

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
jewelry designer or
demon ?
ouch

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Marketing genius. Just the right amount of kinky.

I would buy this type of artistry. Wish I had thought of it.

edit on 30-10-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If blood pumps from the vein and fills the device it would spin the turbine from heart power and pass back into the vein on the other side. Of course this looks like a Victorian esque steam punk hoax to me. In no way really functional as an energy generator, and hello to blood poisoning from the constructed materials.
edit on 30-10-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join