It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been Having lots of spam issues on ATS for last 3 days. Anyone else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
For the past 3 days, every time I open an ATS link in the new topic list I get an random ad site that opens in a new tab. the ad sites will lock my chrome browser giving false prompts to update software or browser or such and such and I will have to close it using windows task manager, I don't dare click the prompts on the said as pages. I have only noticed this on ATS, none of my other common sites i use regularly are doing this. I do use disconnect app to block most of the cookie sites from ATS, but it seems some are slipping through. anyone else experiencing any issues?
edit on 10 23 1414 by creation7 because: hit enter accidentally before making post

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I stopped one of the pages from loading before it could fully redirect, it was this: note click carefully click.dealshark.com... 2cXzROZhD7oDafWHJjsixNl4EIVRQ_mK4aYmfwkATg9lUMY2GxPH6JFiSP-yQsiQIzeRkwdLq_qEP6FBgdNYysy5ycrraIK2OS4CCkJ_JJn4B4Yq3ZR_EmrXSU-A0gyidH_ilDqxVOJNHUsYVKxbIB 2WJJYIOawRDVEu-9B001mAeuZb5Qm8Z7QTQXsmN5obc6O5MhLr_8cgC3np-gKX06lBuBI_Dsb-EWNpLKcbkyT7PPV6nhEuSqx1myyOgFNCiWhFsfC2xfDWYnwG_yEKhm9gwE8a9zquoATADzk32VK8 7Du63MLUX9U3con-M4vTTzAOswheUQsy72h_mCQrfNxw4&version=1.2

dealshark? ring any bells anyone?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: creation7
I have just experimented, gingerly, on "New topics", and it was fine.
All I get from ATS currently is the occasional instruction to "update Adobe Flash before viewing this page", which I escape by going back and trying again.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Get Malwarebytes downloaded, updated and run....sounds like you have picked up some spyware.

www.malwarebytes.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I have logged out, closed my browser and reopened 5 times in the last few minutes, each time opening ATS new topics, click a thread link, BAM ad site, everything from hotels.com, morning money, good housewife, and oone that said my browser was out of date, click here to update..

this is irritating to use your site.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I keep being automatically redirected to the Apple iTunes Store with this sweet wittle ad:

Isn't she all cute and colorful!!

This little candy ad has been the bane of my existence today. Every time I see it, shivers immediately shoot down my spine, for I know with out a shadow of a cookie that I will be in the App Store in less that 1 second.

It was driving me bananas this morning. After happening what feels like 100 times, I lost my damn mind hours ago.

That devil little candy app is the only on that does it! I hate it!

edit on 23-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I did that all day today, each time MB would find a PUP installer, quarantine, but the issues were not resolved when i open browser and go to ats, really seems ats related and not experienced it on other regularly visited websites ie, fb, soundcloud, tumbler, or drudge report or the hacker news

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I just uninstalled chrome because of this kind of thing it was opening ad's everywhere I didn't see anything else in my thing to uninstall & install programmes so it has to have been chrome, now using my default browser of internet explorer and I am having no issues at all anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Check your browser extensions / addons for anything ad related....also check add remove programs (XP) or Programs and features (later windows) for any unknown software.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

yeah, i only use 5 extensions in chrome, lastpass, disconnect search, disconnect and click and clean, and an ad blocker

looked through the revo uninstaller program list yesterday, nothing odd there

uninstalled all versions of java, re-installed current version & currently have java script turned off

I have pretty much checked all that and felt it was time to finally make a post because it seemed ATS particular.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I may try that next

(post by creation7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

My last suggestion, I have found one useful tool for getting rid of stuff that even Malwarebytes misses, it's called superantispyware.

I really advise not using an ad-blocker when using the ATS site as it generates revenue for them and keeps the site free.....also, they look very poorly upon such things.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus
Yes, I get here through Firefox, and occasionally IE; I've never used Chrome for anything, and your comments encourage me to continue not using it.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

what comment was it that I said?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

well they cant sell very many ads if users are too frustrated to use their site, and even when ads are enabled, I have never ever clicked on one, so they never made any money here
edit on 10 23 1414 by creation7 because: (no reason given)

(post by creation7 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I was responding to the post made by Shana91aus (you didn't notice the "a reply to" part of my post).
He was saying that he had lots of trouble with Chrome, which stopped when he came off Chrome.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

You don't have to click on the ad for them to earn money.... these days, and with adsense you just have to display the ad from chosen advertisers.

Besides, it's their site, their rules.

Now try superantispyware

edit on 23/10/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

my bad, sorry eh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join