It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Police Officers Fire 600 Bullets into Car Knowing It Contained a Hostage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I think you replied as I edited my post above. Do you know if that's an AK rattling off in the background at 26 seconds?
It doesn't sound like all the other guns being fired, it stands out I think.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412 What is it you want to know? I live right here, heard the gunfire and chase from my home, saw the helicopter, and go to church with Paul, Misty's son. I was at a church mens lunch right after the incident and we were talking critically about the police. I was embarrassed when the big guy sitting at the next table who looked like he was hemoraging with emotional pain, and sorrow was announced as the Stockton police chaplain. I had just finished saying some pretty horrible things about Stockton PD. I also used to date a cop, and hang out with cops. They shot that many rounds because the robbers were wearing bullet proof vests is what I was told. Too bad Pauls mom didn't have one on. You want to tell Paul how you feel, he is at Lincoln Presbyterian church every sunday morning

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy Im not watching the video. I heard it was an AK. I heard plenty of gunfire from my house. The bank is a couple blocks from where I sit right now

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

I think you replied as I edited my post above. Do you know if that's an AK rattling off in the background at 26 seconds?
It doesn't sound like all the other guns being fired, it stands out I think.

I hear a bunch of small arms. Pistols and some rifles, no shotguns. At the 29-30 sec mark, you hear a near miss/ricochet quite distinctly. I don't think the perps were firing anymore when this clip was filmed, everybody in that vehicle was probably already downed at this point. The AK has a throatier bark than a M4-series firearm, I didn't hear one.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: snarky412 What is it you want to know?

I live right here, heard the gunfire and chase from my home, saw the helicopter, and go to church with Paul, Misty's son. I was at a church mens lunch right after the incident and we were talking critically about the police. I was embarrassed when the big guy sitting at the next table who looked like he was hemoraging with emotional pain, and sorrow was announced as the Stockton police chaplain. I had just finished saying some pretty horrible things about Stockton PD. I also used to date a cop, and hang out with cops. They shot that many rounds because the robbers were wearing bullet proof vests is what I was told. Too bad Pauls mom didn't have one on. You want to tell Paul how you feel, he is at Lincoln Presbyterian church every sunday morning

Just curious since you are there...

Are the towns folk demanding answers for this tragedy or are they satisfied with the excuse given to them?

Sorry for what your friends and town have been through

Any info though that you can provide on this case would be greatly appreciated

***Please tell Paul that we are deeply sorry for his loss....***

Thank you

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I think a number of people are probably thinking that this was a standoff with a stopped vehicle and the cops just opened up all at once.

Regardless, they are seriously lucky that no one else was harmed during the gunfire exchange

33 cops overall, a chase going 55+ --so how many cops cars would that be?
15-20 cars give or take, if you put 2 cops per car more or less

Why didn't they just use road spikes or something like that
Maybe that's just me being ignorant, trying to figure out why another solution wasn't possible

Horrible tragedy all the way around

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
We hear silence now. no one is discussing it, especially in public at church. Paul seems ok on the outside. I don't have a TV for any local news. I was told many police cars were wasted and out of commission. The robbers walked out of the bank with at least one AK Im told. They did shoot at police. I think most of the gunfire took place down Thornton road n near the lodge, and small shopping center. I heard lots of noise, sirens and I think gunfire and came outside to see where the helicopter was hovering. I remember saying, "I hope that's no one we know involved in this". it was. Misty was not a Christian, but was very close to the youth director at the church.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

We hear silence now. no one is discussing it, especially in public at church. Paul seems ok on the outside. I don't have a TV for any local news. I was told many police cars were wasted and out of commission. The robbers walked out of the bank with at least one AK Im told. They did shoot at police. I think most of the gunfire took place down Thornton road n near the lodge, and small shopping center. I heard lots of noise, sirens and I think gunfire and came outside to see where the helicopter was hovering. I remember saying, "I hope that's no one we know involved in this". it was. Misty was not a Christian, but was very close to the youth director at the church.

Thank you so much telling us what you know about it

It doesn't matter whether Misty was a Christian or not, her death should not have happened the way it did

Hope her family can get some answers as well as the public

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

But the woman was shot 10 times. We don't know if it was one cop or 10 who accidentally shot her. It certainly wasn't all 33. So why should 33 be charged with murder? At the most 10 could be charged with something if we could trace every bullet back to it's "owner". MAYBE involuntary manslaughter charges.

The cops clearly f-ed up royally, but I'm just curious why you think 33 of the should be charged.

Because it's fair.

Get a group of 33 people who fire weapons in the direction of the police. If only one person actually hits a police officer all 33 will be charged with attempted murder.

Cops are supposed to be better than the rest of us. Stronger, smarter, faster, better shots, and so on. Their legal advantage that their word is worth more than that of an ordinary persons in court derives from the idea that the are better. For them to make this sort of error means they screwed up worse than the average person who would have been in this situation. They failed to live up to their end of the contract that says they get to be police officers.

Every single one of them is guilty of murdering that woman, and the reason they're all guilty is that out of all of those supposedly better people not one of them could step up and realize that shooting into a van of hostages is a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412 Its information that most of the world does not have. It mattered deeply to her son, as he is. the families lawyers are working on getting answers right now. It was a major blunder by the police, and Stockton will pay$$$$ big for that. We don't ever shoot at cars with hostages in it.

One thing Ive reminded people: The police never would have shot into a car carrying their own mother, daughter, or wife. That's food for thought

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: snarky412 Its information that most of the world does not have. It mattered deeply to her son, as he is. the families lawyers are working on getting answers right now. It was a major blunder by the police, and Stockton will pay$$$$ big for that. We don't ever shoot at cars with hostages in it.

One thing Ive reminded people: The police never would have shot into a car carrying their own mother, daughter, or wife. That's food for thought

As Domo pointed out earlier, they would probably never be able to pinpoint out of the 10 shots that hit her, which guns they came from, hence which officer[s] actually hit Misty causing her death

But have you heard if anyone in particular is being investigated?
Or just the whole department in general?

I am really surprised that the public is so calm about this
No protests or anything like that, huh?

Maybe they ought to....just saying

Let the police know that they will not tolerate this kind of Wild West behavior/mentality, regardless of who started shooting first

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think the Dad is East Indian, Mom was white, not sure of nationality, but possibly related to Benjamin Holt ( My guess). Certain nationalities react differently. No offence intended to anyone.
I don't know of any one cop being singled out. that many rounds came from many cops

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I think the Dad is East Indian, Mom was white, not sure of nationality, but possibly related to Benjamin Holt ( My guess). Certain nationalities react differently. No offence intended to anyone.
I don't know of any one cop being singled out. that many rounds came from many cops

Thanks so much for your input...
Let us know if you hear of any update

And no, you didn't offend anyone

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Any and every one of them who fired on the vehicle aware that there was a hostage in should be equaly liable.
edit on 22-10-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Has this video been posted? Just got home and don't recall seeing it. Really bad.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

How are you with reckless endangerment, or criminally negligent manslaughter? Not that the DA will ever bring those charges against cops.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Fine with it if the cops were aware there was a hostage. Don't think it will happen, though I want it to. WAY too difficult to prove anything except MAYBE who actually hit the poor woman.

Lighting up the car like that was ridiculous.

My opinion on this one has changed quite a bit after seeing that video.

Considering the duration of the encounter I have no idea how you're going to charge anyone. If they find one of the cops bullets they can't prove when or why he fired it. I don't think charging everyone is fair (or legal). I think this was a complete clusterf_.

I hope it spurs some change. In a situation like this there need to be dedicated shooters with appropriate weaponry to avoid contagious fire. I would also like to see a sort of "squad leader" that's proven to make good decisions and has appropriate training to direct others. Not a bunch of guys blasting away indiscriminately. This would have been a good time to cordon off the area and let SWAT or a negotiator do their thing. After saying all that I don't really know what you're supposed to do if your a cop and a guy is shooting at you. You want to contain the scene so they can't go grab another hostage etc. but shooting at a car with a hostage is a bad idea. Again, clusterf_.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Has this video been posted? Just got home and don't recall seeing it. Really bad.

Thanks for posting the video....

That vehicle was not going anywhere and I'm surprised that one suspect made it out of there alive
Eerie listening to the last few seconds of the show down

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

That vehicle was not going anywhere and I'm surprised that one suspect made it out of there alive

You and me both. This is really morbid but I wonder if he used her as a shield.

Oh and hey, I want to commend you on being so polite and receptive to all the differing points of view in this thread. You've been a class act.

You're right about the last few seconds of that video. Chilling.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
It was posted right after you said this

"I think a number of people are probably thinking that this was a standoff with a stopped vehicle and the cops just opened up all at once."

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join