It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars and Earth have same ancient man rock-engraving: Visitors to both planets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
According to this article on WWW.EXAMINER.COM the Curiosity Rover has found some buried ruins that contain art/ carvings which resemble carvings here on Earth. In other words: Ancient Petroglyphs on Mars.

The rock carving captured in one of the images transmitted back to Earth by Mars Rover Curiosity has an amazing resemblance to ancient rock carvings found on Earth. Because this image looks to be an ancient symbol of a man, this puts some exciting possibilities into play. How was the same image created on Mars and on Earth? Does this suggest traveling alien artists that have been around for a very long time?

The figure, which looks very similar to an engraving of a symbol used for a man, is found on a piece of rock that could be part of stone pillar that is either in ruins or discarded on the surface of Mars. Is Curiosity rolling over some old Mars ruins, or is this a piece of stone that was left in an odd place on the planet's surface? You can see the engraving in the video above. Did the intelligent life that created the symbolic man engravings on Earth do the same on Mars?

This is very interesting if this source is credible. What says ATS?

www.examiner.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Examiner? Nah, I don't think the source is credible.

a reply to: lostbook

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pre Atlantean space farers. Sure why not?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I wonder why they don't provide the source image.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

We could have used an Arken here. Isn't this one of the pics he posted in one of his threads?

Des

edit on 19-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
Hasn't he posted all of the images from MSL?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The first image is the source image. From here, right side about a third of the way down:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Interesting, to say the least. I'm sure it's pareidolia, but it's cool-looking pareidolia.

edit on 19-10-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

from the fantastic reports the unique image or (carving or petroglyph) is a human stick-figure
with two horizontal & parallel lines above the 'stick figure' and a single line below the stick figure ...
(I guess implying:
the 1 one line below the figure represents the land/Earth---
the 2 lines above the figure imply the Sky and the Heavens)

it won't be shown until we are prepped-to-believe that the (evidently) highly stylized figure actually represents a bi-pedal, 2 armed human with a oversized caranium

because the fertile ground must be watered after-the-seed-is-sown, so that: books need written & cottage Industries must spring up...

get the picture?

this alien image ** made-to-order for the next generation Gordeon Handcocks et al

** alien image link: www.examiner.com...
edit on th31141376455919222014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

It does look like there is something engraved in to the stone, odd.

Interesting find!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Even i have an examiner account. I could post Articles if i wanted to and write what ever i wanted about it as long as it looks *professional*

You get paid based on how many views and shares you get for the story if it picks up in popularity.
It's an amateur editors site, You can read and write about conspiracy theories.

I imagine this article is making references to some of the mars petroglyph threads made here on ATS from youtube sources and rover pictures.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I know that if I could, I would totally excavate the area. If there is something interesting on mars, it's more probable that we would find it by digging than just looking at the surface without scratching.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
yes they look similar

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This carving? Is right!

edit on 19-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
DROID!

edit on 19-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

You mean that Phillips screw head impression? From the APXS?
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm always leery when it comes to findings on Mars or the Moon, and this is mainly because of the large amount of variety in the landscapes of such planetary bodies. In the case of Mars there was at one time many more active geological processes, instead of just the volcanic activity that is likely present at this time. The geological scraping that seems to have occurred throughout Mars' history has left many rocks with gashes and markings on them, and usually when such "carvings" are found the surrounding rocks exhibit gashes and cuts as well. This suggests to me that the supposed carvings are probably just variations of those same erosional or geological processes. If you have a hundred rocks with cut marks in them that are in random locations, you are bound to find some where these markings look like they had a design to them. If the rock in question happened to be lying in an area where the surrounding marks exhibit no such markings, then that is another story.

One might wonder how a circular gash could be made, and say that this differs from the markings on the other rocks, but imo this is just part of the expected variety. And I am not sure that we even have a clue as to what processes created these marks on the rocks, since we do not know very much about the planet's history. In my estimation these marks are caused by rocks scraping together, rather than being formed from water erosion, but I am not knowledgeable enough to say that with any certainty. There may have been huge glaciers on Mars, and this could have caused such marks as well. It is not likely, but it is possible. One thing that would really help is to take a giant vacuum down there and suck up all the dirt that covers everything. The picture that might be left after the dirt is removed might answer a lot of questions. The entire ground itself might be covered in such erosional features. I am not saying that it is impossible for there to be man or alien-made carvings on Mars, rather I am just saying that it makes more sense for these particular markings to be the result of erosional processes, because there is already a precedent for such features.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I think I just got Phage'd!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Phage

I think I just got Phage'd!

C'mon! No humor...?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I post a pic of R2-D2 on Mars and nothing.
You let me down again ATS.
You let me down again.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The comments on the source page are hilarious! LMAO!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join