It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artist Creates Self-Portraits On Different Drugs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Too many images to link or insert(+40 self-portraits), you have to go to the website.

Elite Daily Link

In what could be considered the craziest/most creative drug experiment ever, artist Bryan Lewis Saunders pushed himself to the limit when he decided to take a different drug every day for a few weeks.

Not only was he not sober, but he also drew a self-portrait of himself while under the influence of these drugs each day. Now of course, we wouldn’t ever suggest trying this at home, and we’re quite frankly not sure how this guy was even able to survive this.

After all, there’s no doubt that this takes a toll on your body. From nicotine gum, to coc aine, to Zoloft, to PCP, Saunders did it all.

Not much to add other then I found this incredibly interesting to look at and see the different outlets this man created during his binge. At times I think he may have overused his artistic license, but overall they give a visual interpretation into this dark world.

Enjoy, AB
edit on 10/19/2014 by AnteBellum because: Don't Use Drug's, Drug's Are Bad

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Massive stroke in the making. I wonder how come he didn't try '___' or MDA?

Maybe he's dead, lol.

I want to speak more to it but withholding my TnC allowance… waiting to see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
That is pretty cool ( Crazy ).

I am amazed he could concentrate on painting on some of those drugs, not only on the "drug" he took that day, but also the aftermath of the "drugs" he took the day before.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I got high just looking at the G13 Marijuana picture

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He's a fricking idiot for putting his body through that.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The PCP picture was right on the money, but I imagine would differ from person to person, I know someone who became a molecule.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I tend to agree not being a stranger. . .

The hangover effects had to play a part in some cases. I've seen others try this type of stunt but never to level of completeness this guy tried.

It was dangerous and he is lucky he made it to the end. I'd like to know more about his personal dealings through this now, I'm wondering if he logged in a diary also.

Add: Just found this: Link to his website he did quite a few more then posted earlier. I also just looked over some of his interviews, interesting to say the least. He was reported to the ACLU for trying to light his genitals on fire to protest Princess Diana's death(from the media).
edit on 10/19/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ahhh, I see now it might have been Trazadone the ancient alien painters were on when they made their famous artwork.

Nice thread and interesting to see the influenced perspectives.
edit on 19-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I would think a drug a week would be safer, smarter, and paint a better picture (pun intended) of each drug's affect than a drug a day. I can't even imagine how he was feeling the day after this little stunt!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have trouble with the one a day aspect as well. Is there an indication for all those drugs?

Who would write the prescription?

Yah, doc I need everything or I'll go insane.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wonder when he did the bath salts, cause it looks like he has had his face eaten, shudder

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Ahhh, I see now it might have been Trazadone the ancient alien painters were on when they made their famous artwork.

Nice thread and interesting to see the influenced perspectives.

Yea, it aint nothing new is it, my X was an artist somewhat famous now, everything he painted was while high on one thing or another

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I would have to say this is rubbish the majority of that crap he took wouldn't do much. Then he also throws out the notorious G13 which is a myth on the street and crap in the lab.
edit on -05:00amSun, 19 Oct 2014 10:16:18 -0500am1020141619AM10 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't condone illicit drug use -- but that was absolutely fascinating!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
He's a fricking idiot for putting his body through that.

Someone who cannot appreciate art.

Take for example this one. It's amazing that he was almost able to capture a 'Kindergartinish' feel to it. The subtle nuances. Notice how the lines fall just so...

Astounding.

edit on 19-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

I would have to say this is rubbish the majority of that crap he took wouldn't do much. The he also throws out the notorious G13 which is a myth on the street and crap in the lab.

I don't know PA, the Psilocybin one seem right on the money,

I think I like that picture the best

edit on 103131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Seems more like a publicity stunt to me.
Is he drawing a representation of what he thinks the drug is like/is perceived?
Or like he's picked a theme for the drug, rather than the influence of the drug making him draw a certain way...
Many of these drugs would have no serious effects on him.

Hmmmmm

edit on 19/10/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Maybe he's unconsciously drawing out the negative effects of most of the pharms. and other random crap he ingested. The more natural pictures and the less dangerous pharms. had more light and beauty to them.

Things that make me go hmmm...

edit on 100000000210amb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

That certainly was an odd one, he does have some good ones though, that took some talent

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The that one I can see a lot of the others I just can't seen it having that big of effect....it is almost like he is demonizing medical drugs while saying illicit ones make you draw happy...lol idk I'm just not impressed with the facilitation or the product I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join