It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was scolded for 'Man Mopping'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So this morning I made pancakes for the wife and girls...
and I kind of splashed a little batter on the floor... not a lot... just a line from the fridge, over to the table, then up to the stove... you know, no more than 2 or 3... or 6 feet worth of dribble.

Naturally the wife rolls her eyes at me,
"You do plan to clean that up right?"

Of course I do, it's my mess right...
so I take a sponge out of the sink... toss it on the floor... and squishing it with my foot, start to wipe up the spill...I mean it's not like I have to use my hand to push a sponge around on the floor right... my foot works just as well and no bending over is required... but...

"Oh my god... what in the world are you doing?"

"Man Mopping..."

My daughters thought it was simply hilarious... my wife, not so much... trust me guys... if you going to do "Man Mopping"... do it when the lady of the house isn't around to see...

"Oh for gods sake...Would you just go get a real mop!"
"But it's way over on the other side of the kitchen... besides, this is faster!"

Yup the ladies just don't understand 'Man Mopping' Go fig...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

The thing is, now you can't use that sponge to wash dishes with... it's disgusting. Use a rag that can be tossed into the washing machine.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
thats right, cross contamination!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The thing is, now you can't use that sponge to wash dishes with... it's disgusting. Use a rag that can be tossed into the washing machine.

Of course the sponge is still good... I did use soap and water ya know... rinsed out the sponge after... not like I used the sponge to wipe out the toilet...

See ladies don't get 'Man Mopping' at all...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Not a man, but I usually resort to paper towels for such messes or a rag that I'm not going to return to the sink for dishes. Due to dogs, there's no way I'd use that same rag to clean a dish with.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Why? What does not kill you make you stronger.

Stronger gene pool means stronger people. Win-win.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
thats right, cross contamination!

How do you figure that's cross contamination???
It's not like I used the spilled batter to make more pancakes...

they would been safe to eat if I had... heat kills the germs... maybe have to pick some dog hairs out... but it's still good!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soobaz

Not a man, but I usually resort to paper towels for such messes or a rag that I'm not going to return to the sink for dishes. Due to dogs, there's no way I'd use that same rag to clean a dish with.

Seriously... we use dawn with bleach as our dish soap... so that sponge was washed out with soap and bleach before and after... doing it your way just adds an extra step...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'm not sure how that's an extra step! Haha. You're grabbing a sponge, throwing it down, using your foot to push it and then having to clean out the sponge again. I'd grab a paper towel, throw it down, move it with my foot then throw it away. I suppose if I had to dampen it that's a two second extra step but throwing away isn't as involved as washing and wringing out a sponge.

If anything, it's using materials that are thrown out instead of washed and re-used. That's where you'd have me in the argument. This is also why I love the Off-Topic section of the forums.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You should never use a sponge to wash dishes with. If I had an agar plate, I could show you in 12 hours precisely why you never should, but alas, I don't. Google it, trust me, bad joo joo.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Bleach isn't bad. I like to get cooking vodka and cut it down to 10% ethanol for quick wipe ups, or get some Trisodiumphosphate (make sure it isn't phosphate free) from the hardware store for grease and things like that. Hey, if you want to break about 20 federal laws, but get some really awesome whites, add a bit of TSP into your laundry soap. It is amazing.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Well I for one found that quite hilarious. Dirty yes but I got the humour. When my hubby cooks I find spaghetti sauce splashed on the window blind, the cupboards, on the fridge, on light switches - HOW do they do it? I was very proud of him for sweeping up his crumbs until I actually watched him - he brushed them into a pile and then swept them on the floor!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Why do we "Man Mop?"

So our women will say "WTF?...Give me that, I'll clean it!"

Mission accomplished!.

Not so dumb after all huh?

"BTW honey...when you finish showing me how to mop properly, can you show me how to make a sammich? I'll be on the sofa with a cold beer and my xbox...

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Please tell your wife she should be thankful you at least had enough sense to grab a sponge. My caveman would have given it the once over with his sock feet,shrug at me and say.. " What? They're washable! " GEEZ.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Please tell your wife she should be thankful you at least had enough sense to grab a sponge. My caveman would have given it the once over with his sock feet,shrug at me and say.. " What? They're washable! " GEEZ.

Socks ARE washable...What's the problem?

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I need a slap smiley for you...lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Use a sponge eh... hmm... brilliant!!

I would have just used sock feet IF it was only a few drips...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

Actually my wife and daughters hold the record for making the biggest mess...
they were making blue berry smoothies in the blender... when the lid popped off...

BTW, rather than call me in to 'Man Mop' they had the dogs lick clean the floor...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
a reply to: jude11

I need a slap smiley for you...lol.

Not necessary...I can feel it from here...

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is how Ebola started.

True story!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join