It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Perry Orders Full Blown War on Ebola - Including Travel Bans From Afflicted Countries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Finally, someone is doing what needs to be done:

CBS Dallas

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

after a week in Europe.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So is the rest of the US banning travel out of Texas? I don't want that Texan Ebola.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

after a week in Europe.

Well...
he didn't want to catch it since the biggest hotspot is in his state.
Everything is bigger in Texas.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

We are going to build that wall Texas always wanted...just a few hundred miles north.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Guess that means he IS Presidential material.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Banning travel out of west Africa makes tracing travelers with Ebola even harder thus worsening the situation. It's literally the dumbest thing possible. They can still leave west Africa if we ban air travel. It's impossible to quarantine multiple nations. Literally impossible. We can't even secure our own borders let alone multiple nations with hundreds of millions of people. I hope to God we don't do something that stupid for political gains.......

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
* Treatment Centers being identified so people will know where to go if symptoms

* CDC and Hospital errors indefensible

* Travel by exposed people inexcusable

* People on plane near sick nurse under active monitoring, others self-monitored by phone

* 'Air travel is in fact how this disease crosses borders, based on recent and ongoing developments, air travel from involved countries should be banned, with the exception of medical personnel going to those places'

* Specialized transport teams set up to move patients, expanded training for HCW in Texas

* Expand ability to 'impose enforceable control orders' - quarantine enforcement

* More testing labs

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Banning travel out of west Africa makes tracing travelers with Ebola even harder thus worsening the situation. It's literally the dumbest thing possible. They can still leave west Africa if we ban air travel. It's impossible to quarantine multiple nations. Literally impossible. We can't even secure our own borders let alone multiple nations with hundreds of millions of people. I hope to God we don't do something that stupid for political gains.......

Don't people entering a country have a passport saying their citizenship and country of origin? If they know they're not going to be let in, maybe they won't leave home and waste the ticket money in the first place.

I don't believe the CDC's POV on this whatsoever, and it's not 'for political gains'... (!)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here is how Texas is dealing with ebola...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
..i liked the part where the word 'WAR' was used

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Keep in mind that 'banning air travel' slows everyone down. That's a semi-quarantine in itself for a disease that kills quickly.

I live on the Oregon border and I can't even bring an apple into California; there are Agriculture guards a few miles into the border stopping every car and asking if you're carrying fruits and vegetables.

But someone with Ebola can walk off a plane from anywhere after getting a legal visa?

link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Better than exposing the citizens to it like the rest of the planet.

link   

So is the rest of the US banning travel out of Texas? I don't want that Texan Ebola.

If they had just stopped air travel from the original infected countries in Africa then we wouldn't have it in Texas. It comes from Africa...not Texas. So your post SHOULD read:

"I don't want that African Ebola"
edit on 17-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Maybe it's my phone but have 4G and full signal, but I can't get that video to play cleanly, cab you give a summary of the travel restrictions?

OK you had posted it before I finished, so is he just recommending the air ban? Or did he implement something for texas
edit on thFri, 17 Oct 2014 14:09:07 -0500America/Chicago1020140780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The biggest problem Texas has is all the goofs who have arrived here from other states.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc
Yes cause stopping air travel from another country would be so simple and easy, probably 0 logistics involved in that.
Would American citizens that were over there have been allowed to come back or would it have just been sorry, you're sol.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Banning travel out of west Africa makes tracing travelers with Ebola even harder thus worsening the situation. It's literally the dumbest thing possible. They can still leave west Africa if we ban air travel. It's impossible to quarantine multiple nations. Literally impossible. .

Only THE MOST rabid, defend Obama NO MATTER WHAT's would espouse such utter nonsense.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So they cross Texas off of their lists.
Why not just fly into Hartsfield-Jackson? It's only the world's busiest airport...
plus the CDC is just up the road.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: AutOmatIc
Yes cause stopping air travel from another country would be so simple and easy, probably 0 logistics involved in that.
Would American citizens that were over there have been allowed to come back or would it have just been sorry, you're sol.

You're right, it's not easy or simple, but it CAN be done. And it should have been done a long time ago, it's not like the outbreak in Sierra Leone started yesterday...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join