It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas hospital official: 'We are deeply sorry' about Ebola mistakes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Source

Really? You're Sorry. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

The Texas hospital where an Ebola patient died and two nurses became infected is apologizing for mistakes made when first confronted with the deadly virus.
Dr. Daniel Varga said Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas mishandled the case of Thomas Eric Duncan. Duncan was initially sent home from the facility despite having a fever and telling a worker he was from Liberia.
"Unfortunately, in our initial treatment of Mr. Duncan, despite our best intentions and a highly skilled medical team, we made mistakes," Varga, the chief clinical officer for Texas Health Services, said in written testimony to the House Energy and Commerce Committee.
"We did not correctly diagnose his symptoms as those of Ebola. We are deeply sorry."

edit on 16-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Beat me to it.this is unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

Just infuriating. I hope heads roll and several people are permanently black balled from the medical community.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When seemingly educated and intelligent people behave so incompetent, it does raise some red flags and make me wonder what is really going on.
edit on 16-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

While it doesn't mean a whole lot, an apology from the medical community is like a unicorn..

Usually their arrogance just results in patient suffering up to death (I will admit a strong bias), but not much publicity. Its just trying to save face, obviously, but maybe this will knock the medical community down a notch, even if its only at that location.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, if they're sorry, then...

*stern voice*

That was still very wrong of you, promise that you won't do it again. I appreciate that you apologised, but you won't get any desserts tonight. Now go to your room and think about what you've done.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What a joke... Months ago all over the world governments announced to their citizens that they are ready and geared for any Ebola infections... And mother nature went "O'rly?!"... The human loss is tragic, but the truth is humans are sad little creatures compared to mother nature... There simply is no "ready" when it comes to her. She's a mean one...

But that's besides the point... When I read the title of this thread, the first thing I thought was South Park's BP episode...

Sorry. Well yes, that certainly makes up for all everything that's happening...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom
It means that in the end its human error that will get us, you can have all the procedures in the world but if not applied or followed you get this. Im not in any panic but no one is prepared for this.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
At this moment in the broadcast they basically told him to shut up and wrap it up...he was rambling though. That said, the politicians seem like they all have a dinner date to get to.
edit on thppmThu, 16 Oct 2014 12:04:10 -0500k1410America/Chicago1604 by Sparkymedic because: grammer

edit on thppmThu, 16 Oct 2014 12:05:47 -0500k1410America/Chicago1605 by Sparkymedic because: politicians

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
WOW...100-150 people coming into the US from the countries effected EVERY DAY!!?? Is that a lot?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It would be easier and saver giving the hospital staff firefighters fire proximity suits that can be bleached down rather than all sorts of flimsy disposal plastic thingies.

image.ec21.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
They weren't expecting it. They were unprepared. This doesn't happen everyday. They probably didn't get the support they needed fast enough.

If there is a bright side of this, as horrible and costly and embarrassing that it was and still is, with any luck we all learned from it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I'm not expecting the end of the world, but I've got a family bug out bag and enough gas to drive cross country....

I would typically expect a hospital to be better prepared for worst case scenarios.

join