It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What reason would the Gov have for hiding the facts of Aliens from us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Whats some theories on why the Government would want to hide facts of Alien existence from the Public globally?

I could understand the reason to hide Alien tech, from enemy hands. But why the existence of Aliens?

What harm could be done if People knew about Extraterrestrial life?

As popular as Star Wars IP has become, it would seem like the general public would be okay with living with Aliens or at least knowing they exist.

I mean, who would this info harm?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: knightsofhonor

Before we landed on the moon there was a study done and it was reccomneded at the time not to reveal if ET existed to the public in fear that a collapse of our supposedly Modern society would occur either over 'Religious beliefs' or a possible development of lack of faith in our respective Governments in favor of the leadership of those 'More Advanced Aliens'.

Meanwhile, The vast majority presently either believe in ET or at the very least acknowledge the possibility of ET.

I wouldn't freak out over ET but I'd be very cautious, Just remember what has happened repeatedly in our own Human history whenever a more advanced people came into contact with a less advanced group.

It never worked out very well for the lesser of the two.
edit on 16-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

My personal belief is that they've been told to keep schtum (stay quiet)...
By ET themselves who do not want to interact with this Prison Planet...

This is a planet for the Fallen... That's how it began... So to speak...

Until that has changed Aliens will not want to be associated with our backward & arrogant species!

Some say free energy?
I don't truly believe that though...
It's not like the government are stupid enough not to work out how to make money from dog s#...
Free energy would be a piss easy investment to make money from!!!

edit on 16-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Now, i personally do not believe in aliens, at least, not how they are usually represented.
Life on other planets? sure why not.
green/grey bug eyed people in flying saucers abducting people? not so much.
But let's say it is the case, and figure it out.
The religion aspect i don't believe so much. religions would just incorporate aliens into their texts. that's what religions always do. "see, when it says the angels fell from the sky they mean aliens! but they didn't know how to explain it at the time!"
One of the main reasons is their intentions.
Most people hope for a peaceful encounter. an intergalactic exchange of ideas, but let's keep it real.
Unless they have some really futuristic tech, that do not bind them to the laws of physics, traveling from "X" to here would require thousands of years, tons of resources. depending on their lifespans, entire generations would live and die on that ship.
Do you think they would travel for so long to come here and discuss dating etiquette? or to see paris?
not likely.
The biggest reason to hide knowledge of them would be a sort of x-files scenario. they know they are out there, and they know the do not want peace.
Frankly if i (as the president) got a call from ET, i would let it go straight to voicemail.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Money ,greed , control and religion, they are afraid of losing it all.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I mean, who would this info harm?

The government. Because they need to maintain the illusion that they are the ultimate authority.
edit on 16-10-2014 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I think my first ever thread was about this particular topic, so let me just re-post the OP. Bear in mind, that was some time ago and my writing wasn't as good as it is now

Thread title "What if we are the bad ones ?"

Ok this idea jumped into my head when I was waking up so bear with me please

Most of us think/know/believe that NASA and the US Government knows about aliens , their involvement in our culture , the abductions , etc , but they go to great lengths to cover it up. Some say that the government is even working together with E.T helping them etc..

So now we have this big movement that tries to uncover the truth about all that so that we can spread the word to the general public because they should know the real truth ..right ?

What if we have the whole situation totally wrong and in some distant past during a meeting our leaders were told that we really are a experiment being done by some alien culture and that this experiment can only work if the human animal lives in his natural habitat undisturbed . (switch "experiment" with any other reason why those E.T don't want to be discovered)

So what happens when the general public finds out about aliens ? Well they will hit the "reset" button .

So now we have NASA and the governments trying to protect the general public by going to great lengths to cover up any alien presence and then we have communities like this that go to great lengths to uncover the truth and get the planet wiped out

This is a general overview of the idea.

PS: sorry for the gibberish instead of proper English but I am still half asleep

Well this is of course only a concept, but I would say it is in the realm of possibility.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
All reasons aside...I believe no government or combination of world governments could possibly garner the ability to hide extraterrestrial contact.

If they're hidden from us I believe it's done solely by their choice.

If you had the tech and knowledge to accomplish these feats wouldn't you give the middle finger to any inferior race who attempted any type of control over you?

It's almost laughable...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

What reason would the Gov have for hiding the facts of Aliens from us?

I'm not sure the Government could hide "aliens" even if they wanted too...maybe some crash craft or alien artifacts..
but the "aliens" could reveal themselves to the general public whenever they wanted too..

so it sounds like the "aliens" if they exist ..don't want that to happen either.. & may have gone as far as making a deal with the Government to help prevent it for happening..

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The mainstay excuses are:

Impacts on religion.
Loss of confidence in government's ability to protect us (loss of power).

Here is the kicker though:

In today's world, most people believe that intelligent life exists out there, and most people seem to be "okay" with the idea of being in contact with said intelligence.

What I find amusing though is the "government is hiding it from you" idea, as far as ET's visiting here goes.

If a species is intelligent enough to have the tech to travel between the stars, there would be little, if anything that any government here on Earth would be able to do to stop said ET from announcing their existence to us.

Goes the other way too: if they are powerful enough to travel between the stars, then they most likely are powerful enough to keep their existence from us too.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Maybe the government prefers to float rumors that there are extraterrestrials to conceal and/or justify their "black ops" research....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Unless ET is keenly aware of what negative impact a more advanced group would have on a lesser one. Then they may be very selective in how they approach the situation. Now if ET does exist and there are as many as mathematically possible then it figures that not all are on the same page and this is why we may have abductions and other nefarious intrusive Alien activities.

Knowledge is power, that's not just a Universal constant for Terrans

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
- Because some "aliens" are not aliens at all, rather hallucinations from drugs that the government gives people they experiment on.

- To make people believe that aliens are our actual gods, the ones who created us; this is a scenario that's likely to happen on a mass scale, to make people adhere to the one world religion of the New World Order. Their visitation to the whole world would supposedly be proof of this, but that can't happen until the world order is ready to rule...

By the way, my research has lead me to the conclusion that aliens are not beings from other planets, but from other dimensions. They cause intense fear on people, can walk through walls, can communicate telepathically, etc.. - those are all things usually associated with demons.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The aliens could have 'advised' that from their experience it is better not to reveal their existence.

If that was the case though, I suppose that assumes they have our best interests at heart..or maybe it would just ruin the results of the observations and experiments they are performing on the Earth and its creatures.

We could be an alien school science project, in which the results could be ruined if the knowledge of life outside our planet is confirmed.

edit on 16/10/2014 by moth115 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/10/2014 by moth115 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hidden "facts" are the mainstay of conspiracy theorists. Easy to claim, impossible to prove.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Control/Power & 'Religious beliefs'
Nuff said...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001
Maybe the government prefers to float rumors that there are extraterrestrials to conceal and/or justify their "black ops" research....

com,on - you know the guberment doesn't have better technology than whats disclosed to the public.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

a reply to: DJW001

com,on - you know the guberment doesn't have better technology than whats disclosed to the public.

I thought you are of the opinion that the government does not have technology as advanced as it claims. You know, they had to fake the Moon landings....

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Emma3
-

By the way, my research has lead me to the conclusion that aliens are not beings from other planets, but from other dimensions. They cause intense fear on people, can walk through walls, can communicate telepathically, etc.. - those are all things usually associated with demons.

Maybe the idea of Demons was just how primitive man attempted to come to grips with the concept of such a creature with those abilities? Be they Alien or Inter-dimensional beings?

I personally believe in the possibility of both "Alien and Inter-dimensional beings" visiting us or being out there, wherever there or here is...

I wouldn't be a member of ATS if I couldn't contemplate such notions.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: moth115
that could be the case, but again we would have to suppose they have the total ability to avoid detection, and i realistically don't think that's the case. sure we still have a long way to go, but if they were hovering around the planet, watching us in a discovery channel type fashion, since (presumably) the mid 1940's, we would have collected enough evidence that goes beyond blurry images, and grainy stills. hobbyists would have been able to collect enough data at this point to make it indisputable. (on a side note, how freaky would THAT be? knowing for sure they are there, watching, but being 100% unable to truly spot them or interact with them, like the truman show, but with you knowing it's show right from the start, and being unable to stop it...)
anyway, being living organisms, in ships of sort, there would be waste, combustion byproducts, a ton of data would spot them.
What you propose would make total sense if they showed up once, and agreed to not return or interact until we reach a certain "stage", so you can't have disclosure because "they told us they will let us know when the time is right"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join