It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musicians/bands generally accepted at great that you do NOT like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
so there is always threads about who is the best this or that...threads about all the bands and musicians that we love.
so i wanted to do it differently.

this thread is for the musicians and bands that we dont like....musicians and bands that are usually accepted as great/fantastic/awesome...etc

im sure we all have bands and musicians that fit this description....i know i have them.

i will start of course. sometimes i can not even explain why i dont like x...i just know i dont......its what i feel(or what i dont feel) when i listen to them...
so, in no real order, these are some that i really do not like at all.
let me first add the disclaimer that this is just my opinion. music is subjective...im not looking for people to agree with me...just curious to see who makes your dislike list.....
okay...

--the who--
cant stand the who...i know they are considered to be one of the all time great rock bands. high up on the list of influential bands. pete townshend is considered one of the greatest guitarists of all time....and of course moon the loon. what can be said...
all that said, i do not like them at all. now i have not heard every song they have so im sure there are some songs i would get into...in 37 years though i have heard a lot and they're just not for me....
i dont like pete's sound. i dont like roger daltry and his microphone swinging and i hate, hate, hate the way they used to destroy their instruments. i know back then it was edgy and teen angst punk crap.....i still dont like it. instruments are sacred items.....my opinion..

--jeff beck--
not into him at all. again, generally accepted as one of the greatest, most influential guitarists ever to pick up the instrument....again, i have not heard all his material but all the stuff i have heard is not for me...something about his sound that i can not seem to put my finger on just turns me off. as much as i dont like him, i have to say that he picked up tal wilkenfeld on bass for his tours so thats awesome..he gets points for that.
tal is one of the best bass players ever i think and she is still a young lady with plenty of time left to rip it up.
not into becks music though...

--the black keys--
not for me...i do like their tune 'stack shot billy'. thats actually one of my favorite current songs but other than that i really dont like them. as much as i put stock into musicianship and technical ability, i also love the gritty, sloppy type sound...i love the white stripes/jack white. i love marissa padernoster....they are not technicians and i love them. aeurbach fits this category but i cant get into the music.
my wife is a black keys fanatic so i hear it all the time...i just cant get into it....by all rights i should...i just dont.

--van halen--
uggh...what can i say. i dont like eddie. i dont like roth. i dont like hagar....when you put them all together i really dont like them.
i never got into their sound either...i know eddie is considered one of the best guitar players as well but i just cant stand his playing.
not much else to say...hate van halen

thats all i have time to put up but i will add to it if the thread stays alive.
im sure all of us have those bands that just make us go uggh

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
U2.
Pompous idiots..

Bob dylan.. Good god he can't sing.

Not a huge fan of Aerosmith either, not them personally just their music

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I second U2.

Aerosmith. I mean, really? How can you like this crap, people?

Phil Collins/Genesis. The music is just horrible. HORRIBLE. How did this band ever get so big?

Morrissey/The Smiths. Morrissey's voice is awful. Just awful.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i do have time for more...

how could i forget?

--nirvana--

cant stand them....i cant even put into words how much i dislike nirvana...we all know how popular they are/were....again, my wife is a nirvana nut...one of her favorites so there is a steady stream in this house and i hate it.
i dont like the music. i dont like the lyrics. i dont like kurt cobain...none of it...

and yes hoosierdaddy,

--aerosmith--
not into it...i dont think joe perry is anything special. i dont think tyler is a good vocalist with his scat singing crap.
i dont like the melodies or the song titles or anything about them....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

Morrissey/The Smiths. Morrissey's voice is awful. Just awful.

i second this....ha
i think the smiths are for the 'cool', hipsters only.
hanging out at the coffee hut listening to morrisey while they eat a glutten free bagel

hahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
lynyrd skynyrd ---- they are just totally over rated and over played. all their stuff sounds the same and they drag their songs out way too long.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I'll just leave this here. ;p

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Rush.

Sorry, don't like it. It's the Chipmunks with too much synthesizer. Aerosmith is nothing but cock rock.

KISS=worst band ever.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Rush!!!
I can't stand Neil Peart or Geddy Lee.
Seeing the post by Hoosier....Bob Dylan and U2 come to mind as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Rush.

Sorry, don't like it. It's the Chipmunks with too much synthesizer. Aerosmith is nothing but cock rock.

KISS=worst band ever.

i hate kiss.
i have always been of the opinion that theatrics and gimmicks cover up the fact that the band playing really cant play well.
thats just my theory...and for e it works most of the time...
kiss with their makeup crap and gene with his long ass tounge that he flicks a million times a show...

i think they are way over rated....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Eddie Van Halen is just like Neil Peart....they don't play the instrument,they masterbate with it.
Nobody cares if you can play 10 parradiddles or 20 notes in 5 seconds...just play a freaking song and knock off the showboating.

link   
Elvis was a pill-crazed hillbilly.

There I said it. No talent.

link   
And here's where I make tons of enemies.

I cannot stand the Beatles nor Led Zeppelin in general. A few songs, but generally they grate on my nerves.

*Stands waiting for the endless stream of rotting vegetables to begin flying*

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Can't stand the beatles either...overrated.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

originally posted by: the owlbear
Rush.

KISS=worst band ever.

i hate kiss.
i have always been of the opinion that theatrics and gimmicks cover up the fact that the band playing really cant play well.
thats just my theory...and for e it works most of the time...
kiss with their makeup crap and gene with his long ass tounge that he flicks a million times a show...

i think they are way over rated....

I agree with a few exceptions about theatrics.

David Bowie has remained relevant for longer than most of us have been on Earth. Sure, he's had some stinkers, but he has evolved with the times and still remains timeless. He invented the stadium show. But he is an exception, not the rule.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Except for a few songs I can't get into Avenged Sevenfold

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

*Throws tomatoes for hating on Led Zeppelin*

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I have to say I agree with all comments, which is a first

I hate everybody at the moment too, nothing interests me out there. Nothing!!
Hasn't for a long time. 90's music was simply the best..

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Abba- pointless drivel

U2- noise for cash

Elvis- over rated all to hell, the King of rock and roll was Jerry Lee Lewis, despite Elvis dying on the throne, so to speak.

Metallica- not because they were never good, but because they sold out and stopped being any good, and I miss what they were capable of when they actually gave a God damn about their thrash metal roots.

Every Boy/Girl Band- empty, vacuous, morally defunct, and worth setting on fire just to laugh at the fact that they make a more enjoyable noise when screaming for their lives.

Bands who were exponents of the genre known as "UK Garage" in the nineties and early noughties- because they helped prop up "Street Culcha Innit Bruv?". For those not in the know, I meant street culture, and a particular brand of it, which I find the most utterly appalling thing to happen to popularism since... I don't know, the Nazis? Track suit trousers tucked into socks, caps worn so far back on the head that it makes the wearer look like he or she is trying to use their heads as a mount for a radio telescope, an inability to communicate in legitimate English language, and an inability to accept intellectual pursuit as a legitimate form of expression of personality are all markers. So are an obsession with ones street cred, preparedness to do violence and drugs purely to propagate and maintain that street cred. In short, it was a scum machine.

Oh, and the bloody Beatles- Some people, not smart ones, insist that there would be no heavy metal what so ever, if it had not been for the rock inspired by the Beatles. I personally spit on that notion. Heavy metal would have happened anyway without those over rated, sappy, pathetic, gormless, bowl cut sporting halfwits. The fact of the existence of classical music, as well as the existence, BEFORE the Beatles, of Jerry Lee Lewis, and also the existence of the Blues movement, are sure signs of that. My first beard hair had more personality than any album the Beatles ever produced, and I have had bouts of the common cold more talented.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
U2 used to be awesome, you know, in the previous century. Their best songs never made it on radio.

I totally agree with The Who, maaaan, I don't see what's good about them.
Abba, totally overrated.
Drake, the man can't rime, can't really sing...he was better in a wheelchair.
ACDC, zero originality. Why this band lives on is a mystery to me.
Everything that as to do with Star Academie, IT'S HORRIBLE.
Nikki Minaj, I wouldn't know where to start.
Blue Rodeo, whatever!
Marinara's Trench, worst live singer in the past years.

Versus the Rest, that guy thinks he's like a one man band! Oh wait, that's me...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join