It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Boss: ‘Life Did Exist On Mars, And May Have Life Now’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
His comment was that Mars is the "most likely planet" to have had life and possibly still does.

I don't see the breaking news, as this is not a new concept.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Mars has no magnetic field anymore so it could never sustain life as we know it in the future. Start shopping for SPF 10,000 sunscreen to apply to your full tinfoil body suits caked in toxic micro dust. Then the problem of water, we would need to redirect all the known comets to impact mars over the next thousand years to make it a little bit wet but it would all evaporate in the thin atmosphere anyway. It is a lifeless rock with interesting geology.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

some legends might be true that there is a lot of history between the two planets we just havent read much about it

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Going underground would solve that problem easily , using the already known about caves or the lava tubes covered with tinfoil
and for the water some research suggests there could be vast oceans underneath the surface in some places , recent findings on earth suggest that their could be vast oceans deep in the earth

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Maybe we are from Mars originally, and screwed it up, so we left for Earth. No wonder the Reptilians are pissed off.

a reply to: douglas5

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: douggie60
Maybe we are from Mars originally, and screwed it up, so we left for Earth. No wonder the Reptilians are pissed off.

Here's a mindbender for you: maybe that was earth, and this was Mars, sometime long ago. The next generation that was able to be born here would have just been brought up thinking the reverse, being taught that.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Maybe all the Pyramids provided the power for the Terratransformers.

reply to: tetra50

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

A friend threw that one my way not so long ago that the outlines on mars resembled the continents on Earth ? must look into that one

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Interesting, i have not heard that theory before... i will have a look see what i can find, cheers bud

PS.. found this interesting..

Scars Of The Planetary Wars
edit on 14-10-2014 by Quadlink because: Link Added.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think it is worthy of consideration, plainly, that we even see what we are give to see. In other words, we just grow up hearing certain information, believing something to be a fact, when in reality that's just an arrived at consensus, but how do we know how or when or who arrived at that consensus?

So, given that, we could actually be on mars, and seeing earth….just as we could actually be in the Andromeda galaxy, looking at the Milky Way, instead of the other way around. Depends on how many and who was left after a cataclysmic event that controlled the given consensus. Know what I mean?
Regards,
tetra

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Mars has no magnetic field anymore so it could never sustain life as we know it in the future. Start shopping for SPF 10,000 sunscreen to apply to your full tinfoil body suits caked in toxic micro dust. Then the problem of water, we would need to redirect all the known comets to impact mars over the next thousand years to make it a little bit wet but it would all evaporate in the thin atmosphere anyway. It is a lifeless rock with interesting geology.

Seriously ! ?

It May Have Sustained Life at One time , Had a Magnetic Field " the Core less Solidified " Had Major Water, There may be water miles down in the ground ! Surly there is evidence that in the seasons there is streams in Brief Sprouted from the Ground , even in our own planet Mother Earth we found Oceans of "Sponged" water underground around ASIA Just Recently Discovered.. but Something Happened. atrocity of a Collision of a Planet Perhaps ? The Asteroid Belt between Jupiter and Mars ? kinda Odd .. What About Europa ! A MOON .. That has the potential to Sustain Life within the Ice Sheets ..

But to Answer a Question,, The Key Words.. As we know it

Your Forgetting Something

Could Bactria Survive i Space ?

Long-term survival of bacterial spores in space.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

So Surveyor 3 is Plausible ! tho some say it was contaminated during the Returned Research.

Earth Bacteria Survive a 553-Day Space Exposure on the Exterior of the ISS
www.popsci.com...

That Being Said ,,

Imagine on a Less Harsh Environment ... On the Planet Mars How Long would it Survive ..

Or this,,

Tardigrade
en.wikipedia.org...

The Candidates..

List of microorganisms tested in outer space

The focus of many of the experiments has been to investigate the possible survival of organisms inside rocks (lithopanspermia),[1] or their survival on Mars for understanding the likelihood of past or present life on that planet.[1] Because of their ubiquity and resistance to spacecraft decontamination, bacterial spores are considered likely potential forward contaminants on robotic missions to Mars. Measuring the resistance of such organisms to space conditions can be applied to develop adequate decontamination procedures.[4] Research and testing of microorganisms in outer space could eventually be applied for directed panspermia or terraforming.

en.wikipedia.org...

Slowly Reveling !

Make Sure to see the Photos!

Photos: The Search for Water on Mars
SPACE.com Staff | September 26, 2013 05:01pm ET
www.space.com...

NASA Video Shows Ancient Mars as Lush, Water World
by Tanya Lewis, Staff Writer | November 14, 2013 04:53pm ET
www.space.com...

Ancient Mars May Have Been Habitable for Hundreds of Millions of Years
by Mike Wall, Senior Writer | January 23, 2014 02:01pm ET
www.space.com...

Where Did Mars' Atmosphere Go? NASA To Investigate | Video
The MAVEN mission to Mars will use an Ultraviolet Spectrograph (IUVS) to study the extremely thin Martian atmosphere. This will help scientists better understand what happened to liquid water on the planet.
www.space.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
There just could be.

Cropped

Pic #1

Pic#2
Pic#3

edit on 20-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Nice pictures of layered slate-like rock formations, but I don't see how that's got anything to do with this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

"Lizard" under the rock in the first pic, in the other two its gone.
edit on 20-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

There is also a track going to that rock which if it was on earth would suggest either water or a animal but that photo of the rock shows something well worn very interesting

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There was once life on mars a very, very , very long time ago, when mars planets rotation was faster. It had an atmosphere like that of earth's with rivers,lakes and large bodies of water. It had technologies that earth does not posess. I'm sure they will find that very soon, Once they find it, they can activate it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Well, a lot of people including David Icke says white people came from Mars, in his version they brought the reptilians with them to boot.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Mr Icke reads a lot of Alice Bailey and Madam Blavatsky while drinking his super T i hope he recycles the tins as much as their work

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I didn't know Blavatsky talked about white people coming from Mars, is that true?

Either way I don't see how that invalidates anything, not saying I believe it but I'm not on the 'Blavatsky is a Satanist' bandwagon either. I'd take her 10 times more seriously than any exoteric Christian.

A little bit more skeptical of Bailey though.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

I didn't know Blavatsky talked about white people coming from Mars, is that true?

Either way I don't see how that invalidates anything, not saying I believe it but I'm not on the 'Blavatsky is a Satanist' bandwagon either. I'd take her 10 times more seriously than any exoteric Christian.

A little bit more skeptical of Bailey though.

I read Blavatsky when i was in my 20s but could never get my head around her books , but lots of educated people back in the day were great admirers of her work Bailey is just carrying the torch .

I did like David Icke when i read his early work but every book seems to say the same thing and his writing style is iffy for me [ what do you think [ yes me too ]
the more i read the louder the bs meter sounded for me anyway and why is G.W & G.H Bush etc etc not getting the heart attack squad to silence him out , but i would still shake his hand if i came across him as we are all bit part players in life's punch and judy show

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join