It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK expects 'handful' of Ebola cases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well this really makes me feel so much better, I'm so glad the UK gov has our back! If you come here from the west Africa regions you'll have a nice little tempreture check and given a pamphlet... Well, now I hope that puts you all at ease!

What about people from the US? Will they get screened too? Erm... No... lmao

I mean even if they did it would be a waste of flaming time anyway!

Linky

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Did you click on the link at the bottom of the article called...

How Not To Catch Ebola

It was when I read...

The virus can't breach protective gear, such as gloves, a mask, goggles, a full body suit and tough rubber wellington boots

I realised they haven't been keeping up to date with all this from the start. All the health care workers and Doctors in Africa were wearing protective gear, and they caught it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It can only be transmitted through bodily fluids, like HIV, they say.

Yet you have to put on an astronaut suit to avoid infection?

Someone's telling porkies.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
It can only be transmitted through bodily fluids, like HIV, they say.

Yet you have to put on an astronaut suit to avoid infection?

Someone's telling porkies.

No, you can only be infected by HIV by coming into contact with an infected persons blood or semen. Ebola can be spread by bodily fluids such as blood, semen, mucus or saliva. There is a huge difference.

It is a also transferred by aerosol but isn't airborne. Again there is a huge difference.

The nurse in Madrid remembers touching her face with the glove she was wearing whilst caring for the sick priest. So even if you wear protective clothing you have to be very careful when removing them.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Don't forget sweat. Handrails, doorknobs, you name it! I'd almost feel better if I knew that it really was a global depopulation conspiracy, because at least some intelligent force would be at work. As it stands, it seems that a bunch of bumbling idiots are in charge of protecting all of us from contracting the virus, and it is evident that they (CDC, WHO, etc) have no idea what they are doing. Hence, the only intelligent force that seems to be at work here is the Ebola virus itself.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
we can clearly see that trained western doctors have caught this virus whilst using the upmost caution.
we can clearly see a media campaign to down play this to.
the facts are it is now global and has left its country of origin and is continuing to leave and spread.
can this be contained yes but by stopping global travel.
our global leaders have allowed this to spread with their eyes fixed only on the tax loses to goverments,they have failed the people and the clock has started ticking.....
uk hospitals are now at risk of just a random ebola patient walking in ,infecting the waiting area anyone else there including the desk staff.
the whole dam thing is gonna crash around their heads,hospitals should now be only accepting patients cleared of ebola and the doors sealed to walk ins which could wipe out the nursing and doctors .
cameron is a fool ,and this will prove it....

edit on 11-10-2014 by stuthealien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Yes, sweat as well.

As frightening as it sounds, there's not a lot we can do about it. Look at the Spanish Influenza outbreak after WWI. Even in this day and age, unless they can find an antibiotic quickly and produce enough of it, there's very little else that can be done.

It appears they are not in a particular hurry, probably because realistically they are struggling to achieve this.

Sure, my conspiracy side asks is this a depopulation programme? But, I don't think it is, no sorry, I really hope it isn't.

edit on 11/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

How Not To Catch Ebola

It was when I read...

The virus can't breach protective gear, such as gloves, a mask, goggles, a full body suit and tough rubber wellington boots

I realised they haven't been keeping up to date with all this from the start. All the health care workers and Doctors in Africa were wearing protective gear, and they caught it.

Wow I didn't actually, thanks for pointing that out! and very true indeed... Not really looking too good is it.

I think there has to been a full on shut down of movement from places that are affected, until they have been given the all clear, it's the only way this is going to stop! But of course they would never do that, so it's going to spread everywhere eventually, they probably want it to me thinks.

edit on 11-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

But wouldn't the sensible thing be to shut down affected areas? If the US had done that then it would have never have gotten over there would it? I mean WE are making it airbourne! WE are allowing it to get flown around the planet, that really doesn't seem too smart to me to be honest.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

originally posted by: MissBeck

How Not To Catch Ebola

It was when I read...

Wow I didn't actually, thanks for pointing that out! and very true indeed... Not really looking too good is it.

I think there has to been a full on shut down of movement from places that are affected, until they have been given the all clear, it's the only way this is going to stop! But of course they would never do that, so it's going to spread everywhere eventually, they probably want it to me thinks.

Have you seen the conditions the people live in, in the affected areas of Africa?

Whilst I can appreciate your sentiments regarding a full shut down of movement, it's going to be impossible to control this.

I must admit though, what better area is there to start such a crisis?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

But wouldn't the sensible thing be to shut down affected areas? If the US had done that then it would have never have gotten over there would it? I mean WE are making it airbourne! WE are allowing it to get flown around the planet, that really doesn't seem too smart to me to be honest.

The problem is, if you start shutting down areas of the world, this has an impact on the economies of the west. They don't care about the likes of you and me, it's all about keeping the money flowing.

Business and tourism is more important to them than a handful of people becoming infected, that is quite obvious.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Sure but do they also have the overcrowding and travel networks we do? Can you imagine someone infected going through a major airport or train station coughing everywhere and touching everything? I mean call me paranoid but it really seems like a disaster waiting to happen... I am not saying don't help the african countries affected, sure help them, but it has to be a one way street until the situation is resolved and they have it under control.

I really don't see any other way... I don't know if it is something released on purpose or not, it's possible and yes africa would be the place to start it. But to not shut down travel is just ludarcras to me.

I mean it doesn't have to be forever, just till they are all clear and then job done, you have to contain it and get rid of it, otherwise it WILL spread everywhere. It is happening before our very eyes.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Oh for sure, I mean people getting infected is again good for business. Which is just sick but there we go... I mean I know why they aren't but it could turn round and bite them in the ass some day.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

At the moment it appears the only cases being reported in the west, up until the Madrid case, was from people being infected in Africa. Yes, to not shut down travel from the infected countries is ludicrous, but how much money would be lost if they did? I don't have the answer to that, but you can be sure someone has crunched the numbers and as a consequence voila, no restrictions on travel.

The likelihood is, is that it will spread as a result of these failings. However a three day curfew in Sierra Leone doesn't appear to have ceased the contamination.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Well how is a 3 day curfew going to change anything for something that has a 21 day gestation period? And say there is a global outbreak, how much is that going to cost the world? I was just reading this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where the CDC is saying for people infected to avoid public transport, like duh! But how would you even know? And there is suspicion you can transmit it BEFORE you even show any signs... But from what I hear the outset of ebola sounds a lot like flu, and I'm sure people with flu do not avoid public transport. I think it could get real ugly real fast if not taken seriously, and I don't think they are at all.

EDIT: I mean look at their responce, check peoples tempreture? Get them to fill in a survey... It's just hilarious! It will do nothing to prevent it from coming here, and with the UK being do small and cramped, it could spread like wildfire.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes, a three day curfew wasn't going to stop it and it think it was primarily undertaken to establish the full extent of the contamination.

The Governments of the World do appear clueless, so maybe, just maybe they actually are?

As with all diseases the only thing we can do is to ensure good hygiene, but even then this probably won't be enough. We can all stay in doors for the next three months, but it isn't going to happen, so I guess we just have to take our chances.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well yeah of course it's really out of our hands to be honest, but you can bet your ass I'll be staying indoors for a few months if an outbreak did occur, I'd really rather not bleed out of every orifice XD

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Well yeah of course it's really out of our hands to be honest, but you can bet your ass I'll be staying indoors for a few months if an outbreak did occur, I'd really rather not bleed out of every orifice XD

I concur and so does my wife

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

haha Well there we can agree and good for you for getting yourself such a smart wifey!
If only I would have been so lucky XD

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Let's see what happens when it does hit the U.K. I remember the Swine Flu panic and all the contingency plans being put in place. But, that appeared to be an excuse to get rid of all the Tamiflu that was about to expire.

I'm not overly worried just yet. Sure the death toll sounds worrying, but when you compare it to the 300,000 people who die of malaria each year, it kind of puts in perspective.

<<   2 >>

join