It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of protesters expected in Ferguson and St. Louis for ‘weekend of resistance’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

St. Louis area on Thursday was bracing for more racial unrest over the killing of unarmed teenager Michael Brown by a police officer, and another police killing of a black teenager Wednesday was expected to add fuel to the fire.

Several civil rights organizations and protest groups, including Hands Up United, planned to mark the weekend with marches and rallies in St. Louis and the suburb of Ferguson, Missouri, where Brown was killed two months ago.

The groups are demanding the arrest of the white officer who killed Brown, and want to draw attention to police treatment of black Americans. Protest organizers said they are planning only peaceful activities, but fear Wednesday’s killing of the black teen in the south St. Louis neighborhood of Shaw might trigger violent outbursts.

I have a very bad feeling about this!

I would hope that talks between the cops, city officials and protest leaders could take place....nah, that makes to much sense.

I expect the National Guard will be called out and blood will flow once again the the streets of America.

God help us!

edit on 9-10-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Should be interesting. My hope is that there is peace and that the few instigators that try to ignite violence are separated and stopped. My second hope is that we don't base the whole protests on the actions of the very few. My third hope is that there are no St. Louis Cardinals fans there! (Okay, that was a bit low, but come on!) We can't have NAZI salutes in Ferguson!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I can understand the reluctance to even discuss this protest, but if my limited ability as a futurist is correct.

This event will be the main topic of discussion very soon.

God, I hope I'm wrong!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A riot in progress, huh?
And that is when the seventeen year old--another very big kid by the way--by news reports fired three times at the cop first?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is the type of story that indicates we're experiencing (or are about to experience) another intense transitional period for the American Public. Yes, TPTB will use events like this one as an excuse to employ harsher police/authoritative tactics and likely strip the people of more of their rights, however, the growing number of people in the Public that are fed up is beginning to make me think the Public could actually change the course of things for the better.

period a reply to: olaru12

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It could get hot....

Radical Leftists & Professional Agitators Gather in St. Louis City to Plan Tonight’s Riots

any updates on the Grand Jury?

edit on Oct-09-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Why can't they wait for the Courts like everyone else.

They have a valid complaint...This looks more like a chance to riot.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We will not know for sure because of the MSM disinformation/ opaque window of secret workings..

but I get the feeling the WH & Justice Dept. are the Ones Instigating this (cleverly disguised) 'people response'...

which is actually an orchestrated dissent and action by 'paid agitators' from gov't/NGOs,

...even the various ACORN replacements who were awarded some $350+ millions by way of ᴓbama WH thru the Justice Dept. (Holder)who awarded monies from the Big-Bank fines, to the same group of Left-Wing- ACORN replacements... which were levied on those TBTF Banks only last month !

talk about timing !

come-on ATS'ers....lets connect-the-dots.... that's what the highly intelligent CT minds Do naturally ...

the WH & his debt-to-ACORN did not get repaid during the Travon (we looked the same) Martin operation---
no riots happened, to the disappointment of the WH......
so ~ this white-cop-black-teen-death episode had to happen... and be constantly Stoked to create a Flash Point
to where civil conflict happens & Marshall Law results
edit on th31141289833209452014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The shelves are newly stocked and ripe for looting. This isn't about justice anymore, this is about opportunity. A chance to stick it to society(working class).

(post by GreenMtnBoys removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Many people are angry and some use this anger as an opportunity to loot; a kind of social justice entrepreneurism. The latest person to be shot was due in court for firearms violations, among other things, and it seems as though the world will be a better place without him. At this point, any police officer using deadly force in the St. Louis area will add fuel to the fires of discontent.
I find it interesting that black-on-black crime is more the norm and the police are often criticized for not solving such cases. When it is explained that police solve cases mainly by witnesses and lack of witnesses is the real problem, the community response is that they are not "snitches." Likely, the inability of police to protect witnesses from retribution has a great deal to do with lack of testimony and revenge killings as the best solution for the aggrieved. How this cycle is to be broken is not known but a revamping of the US educational system is in order. I think that the 'Gangsta' mentality and garbage rap doggerel that passes for entertainment are also big part of the problem. Young people are looking for models and miss the good people for the rude, least common denominators. To top it off, people who make a very good living by appearing concerned, like Sharpton and Jackson, have discovered that fanning the flames is a great tactic. Then, after some discontent and public acquisition of new TV's, they can step in a be heroes when they calm things down. Jackson's net worth is estimated at $10 million which is not bad for an 'activist.'

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For anyone wondering & wanting to watch on a stream, the dates are the 10th (today) through the 13th for Hands Up United to be there.
www.handsupunited.org...

No idea about which streams, but I imagine they'll be popping up soon enough.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Its already begun:

BassemMasri

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lots of live streams coming online now

occupythemob

Shooting in St. Louis, Missouri

BassemMasri

Anon Copwatch in Ferguson

St Louis Co police scanner
edit on 10-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, was it a bust?

I hope people stayed home.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
People that protest on behalf of a punk who ends up dead because they shot at police deserve a big whiff of tear gas.
I hope they get a face full.
This is all being stirred up by politicians and cractivists (my word for Sharpton, Jackson et al) for their own benefit as race mongers.

top topics

join