It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallstreak hole creates spectacular cloud formation over Perth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

A MYSTERIOUS cloud caused a stir over Perth this morning. Several PerthNow readers have woken to a sight described as “out of this world” after spotting a puzzling UFO-shaped cloud in the sky. The unusual cloud formation even had experts baffled, with the Bureau of Meteorology taking some time to investigate what the strange phenomenon may be.

Anyone fearing an alien invasion can now have their minds put at rest as experts at the Bureau of Meteorology has confirmed their original suspicions are true – the strange phenomenon sighted in Perth skies this morning was in fact a Fallstreak Cloud.

According to the bureau’s Neil Bennett, the cloud – which was sitting high above Perth Airport – contained extremely cold water particles. As air crafts flew through the cloud, the particles in their jet exhausted caused this extremely cold water to instantly freeze. The newly frozen ice crystals inside the cloud became a lot heavier then the cloud itself. As a result, the heavier ice crystals fell through the cloud, leaving an usual hole – just like the one Perth locals reported seeing this morning. A fallstreak hole is a cloud formation that gives the appearance of strange holes in the sky’s cloud layer.

Link

Not sure if this fits here but i came across it while going through the local news headlines and found it very interesting so i thought id share! Looks a bit like a cloaked ufo too me and if i had have seen this i probably would have freaked out! Looks eery' but all has been investigated & explained now, can't say i have ever seen anything like this in my life before has anyone else?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Yeah they pop up every now and then.

I expect a few YouTube channels will make their case for it being interdimensional goats from space, but yeah it's an explainable phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Yeah they pop up every now and then.

I expect a few YouTube channels will make their case for it being interdimensional goats from space, but yeah it's an explainable phenomenon.

Oh yeah! Im expecting the same! it does look cool though wish i had have seen it! I didnt realise it was a thing that happens now & then mainly because how baffled the BOM experts were at first mainly & i had never come across anything like it before.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Desensitization at its finest.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Dare I ask...desensitisation of what?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Well it's the first one I've read about in Australia, not saying there hasn't been any spotted here but I think it suggests the rarity of them.

Another name is a hole punch cloud.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Why so round! If its caused by planes why doesnt it appear as a streak?

My guess is its caused by some kind of RF device.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Looks a bit like a " Hole punch " cloud -

www.google.ca... 25252Fweatherthings.com%25252FHolePunch.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=AbGUT1T4cQ2xCM%253A%252CExAv4RUEvyGX1M%252C_&usg=__OS5WW0IvO1keXO-owLSJ517dPKE%3D&biw= 1366&bih=635&ved=0CC8Qyjc&ei=g8kzVMzTJaeAiwLF64EY#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=AbGUT1T4cQ2xCM%253A%3BExAv4RUEvyGX1M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fweatherthings.com%2 52Fimages%252Fholepunch_large.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fweatherthings.com%252FHolePunch.html%3B1000%3B676

edit on 7-10-2014 by Timely because: The cats did it !

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Here's a pretty interesting paper about them..

xa.yimg.com...

It's a PDF

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

They are obviously desensitizing us to seeing things that look like spaceships.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

A spaceship eh?

Even when they look like this?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Especially when they look like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Oh ! That got my attention !

Please explain ... ?

( experimental/black ops - warp drive ? )

edit on 7-10-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

The paper I linked to should help.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

They look so awesome! Yet so creepy at the same time! Lol id probably think the end is near if i had have seen something like that in person prior to finding out what they really are!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

At a glance - it reminds me of cavitation to use a maritime equivalent.

I am yet to read it in full, but good ref.

Ed: It needs to be trimmed to interesting size.

But yeah ... canal clouds .

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Crikey!

You must get some great storms on your side of our Island !!

Ed; You have the sunsets stitched up at minimum !

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

We do get some pretty great storms yes! Apparently this summer we will get alot more storms than usual according to the burea of meteorology, i live at the bottom of the hills so its annoying because they hit hard here and always break stuff like fences etc

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Mid Nth. Coast NSW.

Over the road from the beach - can be spectacular ...

More storm pics would be cool ... ?

join