It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

saw another steampunk today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
for those of you that dont know what steampunk is

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Steampunk fashion is a sub-genre of the steampunk movement in science fiction. It is marked by a blending of this period's scientific romances in literature and the industrialization in most parts of Europe. The fashion ethics have been conceived with a post-apocalyptic era in mind. The first steampunk convention, "SalonCon", was held in 2006. Steampunk fashion consists of clothing, hairstyling, jewellery, body modification and make-up. Steampunk fashion enthusiasts dress up to reflect a post-apocalyptic era. Modern steampunk fashion has seen the rise of gadgets and contrasting accoutrements.

--------------------------------

now let me put up a disclaimer before people start to freak out.
i support individuality...100% of the time.
be your own person. dress how you want. listen to what you want...be your own person...

now that i said all that let me say

whenever i see a steamer or a punker or whatever they like to be called out and about, i can help but to laugh my ass off.

i would go to bat with any of them for the right to wear all that stuff. at the same time i want my right to laugh at them...

have you seen people dressed like this? the first time i saw a steamer was about a year ago at a good will. i didnt really know what to make of the attire. i didnt know what the dude was going for...

anyway, just wanted to talk about steampunk....
crucify me if you will for laughing at the attire but i think it is hilarious.

i like the idea of the genre in movies and such. its super cool.
i still bust out when i see them doing their steam punk thing at wal mart

^^^thats at some sort of convention i think. around here though the fashion is pretty popular and i see people dressed like this dude quite often.
edit on 6-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I have to laugh every time I see some "thug" idiot wearing his pants around his knees and sporting a cookie monster tee. Now that's hilarious.

I am down with SP though, and it is pretty damn funny. But I have always been a fan if cosplay and such. A lot of work and time goes into those outfits though.

Kallisti

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I dress steampunk every day. The only problem I've experienced is sometimes the backtrap hinges stick - typically when I really need to #2.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I have to laugh every time I see some "thug" idiot wearing his pants around his knees and sporting a cookie monster tee. Now that's hilarious.
oh yeah...me too

I am down with SP though, and it is pretty damn funny. But I have always been a fan if cosplay and such. A lot of work and time goes into those outfits though.

Kallisti

i can appreciate the time. im into comics and such so i get the dress up. i have never been but would love to go to a comi-con. i just cant help but LOL when i see someone all punked out shopping at wal mart or sitting in the restaurant.
i stand by them wanting to wear the outfits out and about.
you shouldnt care what people think about how you look. i know i dont.
i have a big ass beard(bars at the moment)..tattoos all over my body. cant hide them and dont want to. believe me, i get looks all the time. people smirk at me all the time....dont matter to me at all.
if you dont like it then dont look at it. thats how i feel and they should feel that way too.

still man...its pretty damn funny when you see someone dressed like that

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
I dress steampunk every day. The only problem I've experienced is sometimes the backtrap hinges stick - typically when I really need to #2.

hahahahahah...
you mean your copper bottom ass flap is not conducive to easy dumping?

hahahaha
edit on 6-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yup. I know the looks. When I was younger I always dressed like a punk, like a punk rocker you know. I would get stared at constantly but when you go out with a giant blue Mohawk you have to expect it. Same with steampunk.

Now a days I have shoulder length hair and a huge bushy beard. Yeah, I still get "looks" but I still don't care.

Kallisti

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
When comic con is in town I see them all the time.
They fascinate me tbh, all the work that goes into it and tbh I kinda dig what the style.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Yup. I know the looks. When I was younger I always dressed like a punk, like a punk rocker you know. I would get stared at constantly but when you go out with a giant blue Mohawk you have to expect it. Same with steampunk.

Now a days I have shoulder length hair and a huge bushy beard. Yeah, I still get "looks" but I still don't care.

Kallisti

same here. its expected though. im sleeved up. tattoos on my throat and hands.....
people give me the manson lamps all the time but it does not bother me...they are not anything to me..
hopefully the steamers have the same attitude. they probably do or they wouldnt dress like that....

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

hahahahahah...
you mean your copper bottom ass flap is not conducive to easy dumping?

hahahaha

Exactly, but I'm not quite the wordsmith you are!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Exactly, but I'm not quite the wordsmith you are!

yeah...
we cant all be polyglot linguists

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I love your posts OP. Bacon, now steampunk. I think the same stuff

I've never encountered anyone in an outfit as sophisticated as in your picture but I've seen plenty of "steampunks" around.

Personally I wouldn't prohibit them from dressing that way but not my style. I don't get fashion anyway. I go to St. Marks Place in NYC all the time and although I listen to "crust" "anarcho", this that and the other labeled music, I never felt the need to advertise with an Atrocious Madness backpatch lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I've never encountered anyone in an outfit as sophisticated as in your picture but I've seen plenty of "steampunks" around.

Personally I wouldn't prohibit them from dressing that way but not my style. I don't get fashion anyway. I

i have never seen one as sophisticated as that in person. im sure the conventions can get pretty wild as far as outfits.
personal freedom my friend....
i dont get fashion either....dont get it. dont care about it.

ive been a jeans a t shirt guy as long as i can remember.
jeans/shirts/metatarsal boots....thats how i roll

i have been known to wear shirts that i have had made though....pictures i think are cool. musicians i like. movie characters...stuff like that that i cant find in the store.

im a big goodwill guy too.
5 bones for a pair of jeans. 2 bones for a t shirt. cant beat it

my favorite shirt right now is a harvard med school shirt i got at goodwill. im wearing that out

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

You got it! Personal freedom can't be denied to anyone, even if it seems ridiculous to others.

I'm mr plaid shirts and jeans, same shirts for over 10 years. And my gf looks like Morticia.

I love freedom and diversity, and the freedom to laugh at others and ourselves is one of the best

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

yup.
my wife looks like daria

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Come on..you just couldn´t avoid posting your selfie !
Because it was such a nice pic i made an avatar just for you to celebrate great outfit

Yep i like people who dress rather than seeing them undressed in public !

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Go ahead and laugh, SP may not be for you but I love everything about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I like to do cosplays (when I have time and pacience xD)

Some day I'll do a Steampunk cosplay too

edit on 6-10-2014 by Yuuma because: 'Cause yes :B

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Yuuma
Is that you in that photo Yuuma?
You look amazing in that blue wig

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Yes SecretKnowledge x)
Thanks you! :B

Here it is a song:

He's a japanese vocaloid

edit on 6-10-2014 by Yuuma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I love steam punk........here are one of the best steam punk bands who write some brilliant songs, unfortunately they never play in the UK.........This is Steam Powered Giraffe with a song called Honeybee......hope you like it.....

edit on 6-10-2014 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2014 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join