It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Iranian Nuclear Plant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

An explosion at Iran's Parchin nuclear plant has killed at least two people, among them an unnamed "nuclear expert", according to Iranian media reports.

The plant is located close to the Iranian capital Tehran, and the explosion has triggering speculation over a possible sabotage or assassination.

The semi-official Isna news agency claimed the explosion took place at around 10:00 a.m. after a fire erupted in an "explosive materials production unit".

"Unfortunately, due to the incident, two workers of this production unit lost their lives," the site reported. Other Iranian outlets cited witnesses who said a "loud explosion" could be heard several kilometers away.

The opposition Sahamnews outlet claimed the blast was so powerful it shattered windows some 15 kilometers away from the site, raising the possibility that a far more destructive explosion had taken place than official outlets are letting on.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Interesting if true...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Found a BBC link:
www.bbc.com...

The semi-official Iranian Students News Agency (Isna) said the fire was in an "explosive materials production unit".

A pro-opposition website reported a huge blast near the Parchin military site, south-east of the capital, but this was not confirmed.

Parchin has been linked to Iran's controversial nuclear programme.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has not been given access to the complex since 2005.

Analysts say the IAEA suspects Iran of experimenting with explosives capable of triggering a nuclear weapon at Parchin.

Iranian nuclear sites sure are accident prone, aren't they?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

From the OPs source -

The plant is located close to the Iranian capital Tehran, and the explosion has triggering speculation over a possible sabotage or assassination.

More likely the explosion was due to plain ol' human error at the plant but Iran will take the explosion and use it as a political opportunity and blame someone in their country they want to be rid of or blame Israel and/or 'the west'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Ahhhh...

Another *ahem*... "handling" procedure that was not respected and went wrong... Perhaps??

I can't wait to see what the MSM are going to say over the next couple of days about this incident?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 6/10/14 by Rodinus because: Perhaps added to avoid confusion

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Possible popular causes in no particular order.

1.) Mossad
2.) Mossad, CIA
3.) Mossad, CIA, MI6

Unpopular causes but just as feasible

1.) Iranian False flag blamed on ISIS
2.) Indigenous Iranian resistance groups
3.) Iran's own dubious activities

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

...after a fire erupted in an "explosive materials production unit"...

Good chance that someone's tobacco/nicotine habit got in the way of their better judgement. Hard to find a place to light up there I hear since smoking is banned pretty much everywhere, even in one's own car.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Given the number of explosions at Iranian nuclear strikes (not to mention Syrian ones...) and the number of nuclear scientists in or near Tehran who have met untimely demises, I'd probably be looking outward as well.
Seems like just yesterday, the IAEA wanted to pay the site a visit and take samples related to weapons testing. No, it was 3 weeks ago. Actually they've been trying to revisit the site for at least a year. The Iranians are suspected of having tested a neutron initiator there (that's a type of fusing for a nuclear weapon, and has no civil application).

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think this was just an accident, Fire broke out near Explosive materials. Im sure Iran will blame Israel and the USA for Sabatoge. Accidents do happen.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This article is actually from yesterday.

The United States has intensified negotiations with Iran in an effort to reach a comprehensive nuclear agreement by Nov. 24. Washington and its allies have already granted a four-month extension when Teheran refused demands to guarantee IAEA inspections and reduce nuclear assets.
A key issue has been Teheran’s rejection of an IAEA inspection of the Parchin military complex. The United Nations agency has expressed concern that Parchin was used for nuclear weapons detonation tests a decade ago.

Maybe someone decided the time was finally up

(It is certainly possible that there was a simple accident. But there have been a LOT of accidents revolving around Iranian nuclear and rocket sites)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"Knowledge of the enemy's dispositions can only be obtained from other men. Hence the use of spies, of whom there are five classes: (1) local spies; (2) inward spies; (3) converted spies; (4) doomed spies; (5) surviving spies." --Sun Tzu

Israeli Subterfuge, Intelligence Op. Iran Arrests Four Men Plotting ‘Nuclear Facilities Sabotage’

edit on 6-10-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

1.) Mossad

Iran Hangs Israeli Who Claimed He Was Trained By Mossad After He Murdered A Nuclear Physicist - May 2014

Iran Shoots Down "Israeli Drone" Over Nuclear Facility - August 2014

Can't deny that Israel is infactuated by Iran's nuclear progress...

I think it's all bunk to be honest...
Probably human/computer error!

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Why does a nuclear power program that has no designs on producing weapons need to have an 'explosive materials production unit'?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

What-his-name didn't like the UN response to his speech so he decided to show what they could/would do otherwise.
For the sake of needing a second line, I'll say that of course, the Iranians will not admit that it was sabotage.

I had to come back and add that I think it is "funny" that several posters don't want to point a finger you know where but offer alternative views no matter how silly.

edit on 6-10-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

(post by amkia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Why does a nuclear power program that has no designs on producing weapons need to have an 'explosive materials production unit'?

an "explosve" material doesn't mean "omg iran makin' bomb".

I have many "explosive materials" producting equipment at my work, school and home.

Explosve materials is a very vague term, adding the language barrier, just makes it worse, add in the Israel source as well.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There is a high-explosive containment chamber at PMC which is used to test many types of explosives. That smaller site within PMC is where the suspected nuclear testing was done. There is a chemical manufacturing facility and an explosive production facility elsewhere on the complex. There is a factory down the road that makes ammunition, explosives and missile/rocket propellant.

Lots of things that could have potentially gone boom today.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead

...after a fire erupted in an "explosive materials production unit"...

Good chance that someone's tobacco/nicotine habit got in the way of their better judgement. Hard to find a place to light up there I hear since smoking is banned pretty much everywhere, even in one's own car.

I think their smoking ban is similar to ours in the UK.......offices, coffee shops, hotels etc.
Drivers are banned but it seems lots of them ignore the ban and still smoke in their cars.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There have been cyber attacks on Iran designed to shut down or destroy Iran's nuclear facilities.

mobile.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

originally posted by: butcherguy

an "explosve" material doesn't mean "omg iran makin' bomb".

I have many "explosive materials" producting equipment at my work, school and home.

Explosve materials is a very vague term, adding the language barrier, just makes it worse, add in the Israel source as well.

Did you answer my question?
What part of nuclear power plant design, engineering or construction requires a 'explosive materials production unit'?
I did not say this,

"omg iran makin' bomb"
did I ???
I simply asked a question.

Explosve materials is a very vague term, adding the language barrier, just makes it worse,

So it wasn't explosives that caused the explosion at the "explosive materials production unit"....? Everyone is just jumping to conclusions.
Or

add in the Israel source as well

Are the Israelis lying? Or do you mean the language barrier? Wasn't sure.

ETA:
If there is a fire at a fireworks factory, but no fireworks burn.... it doesn't make the news.
edit on bu312014-10-06T14:20:32-05:0002America/ChicagoMon, 06 Oct 2014 14:20:32 -05002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

(post by amkia removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join