It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State of Daesh, Most Ammunition is from the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Rifle cartridges from the United States, the sample shows, have played a significant role. “The lesson learned here is that the defense and security forces that have been supplied ammunition by external nations really don’t have the capacity to maintain custody of that ammunition,” said James Bevan, director of Conflict Armament Research, the organization that is gathering and analyzing weapons used by the Islamic State.

www.nytimes.com...

Interesting since we recently had a huge ammunition shortage caused by the US government buying up more ammunition then it could use over a 10 year period if we were at war every day.
Not saying there is a link to what Big Sis and the Obama administration did, but quite interesting nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Whats the most interesting is that the munitions companies are enjoying the best profit margins ever.

"Over there" we have different groups armed with their product shooting up each other, shooting up product we left behind and over the top we are bombing it all to dust.

Isn't war grand?
edit on 6-10-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Interesting since we recently had a huge ammunition shortage caused by the US government buying up more ammunition then it could use over a 10 year period if we were at war every day.

Did you actually read it thoroughly?

From your own source....

Lets start here....

Another sizable fraction of the cartridges matched ammunition that the United States supplied to Iraq’s military and police units for nearly a decade during the occupation after the American-led invasion in 2003.

“We have a lot of ammunition that comes from Iraqi security forces, which was captured on the battlefield, and a lot of ammunition that previously came from Syrian defense forces, which would be captured on the battlefield as well,” Mr. Bevan said.

Further down....

Among Conflict Armament Research’s findings were that 323 of the cartridges — nearly 19 percent — were from the United States. These were typically 5.56-millimeter cartridges manufactured from 2005 to 2007 at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri.

A bit further down....

Iran has been a sponsor of Iraq’s beleaguered Shiite-led government. Ammunition from Iran, the organization noted, if deliberately transferred to Iraq, would be a violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1737, which in 2006 prohibited Iran from exporting arms.

Still further....

On one matter, Mr. Bevan said, the data pointed to a familiar puzzle: the large proportion of Chinese ammunition — 445 cartridges or nearly 26 percent of the total.

This was not a surprise, Mr. Bevan noted, as “China is a massive supplier” of military-grade ammunition around the world, and the presence of its ammunition is a common feature in modern conflicts.

The Chinese ammunition used by the Islamic State fighters, he said, could have originally been provided to Syrian forces, to Iraqi forces or to any number of other countries that then retransferred Chinese-made cartridges to the region.

Arms sales and support are big money makers for quite a few countries.

More than 80 percent of the ammunition was manufactured in China, the former Soviet Union, the United States, post-Soviet Russia or Serbia. The organization’s analysis suggests that much of this ammunition was held by security forces in the region, and then commandeered by militants.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I wanted to post the graph but couldn't figure out how. That was the most telling piece of information.

Also, in the article it stated that much of the Russian ammunition was manufactured in Missouri.

Yes, China supplies a great deal of ammunition.

Even if the levels are lower than in the headline, it is interesting that a great deal of it is from the US.

Do you dispute that Daesh are using a lot of US ammunition?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Even if the levels are lower than in the headline, it is interesting that a great deal of it is from the US.

Do you dispute that Daesh are using a lot of US ammunition?

No, I do not dispute it, As a matter of fact, I posted information provided by your very own link in my reply that shows US supplied ammunition, their sources and reasons why ISIS has them in their possession.

With regards to your threads title and the fact that your own link disproves it's declaration of supposed fact seems to be a very clear sign of a possible agenda or simply the ignoring of facts.
edit on 6-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Its time to start loading 5.56 ammo with C4..

When weapons start blowing up people will not want to use the ammo.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I think you did a great job, pointing out that the US is not the only ammunition dealer, especially compared to China. But isn't it a little unnerving that ANY US ammunition is making it into enemy hands? China is not policing the world, the US is. I don't think anyone is surprised or even gives a damn if China is exporting ammunition, because they never pretended not to. The idea that the US could be getting shot at by their own bullets is ridiculous IMO. China can do what ever it wants, they do not try to live up to the standards that the US does.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

My point was that the OP's claim was refuted by his own source.

Also, Don't you find equally ironic that both the Russians and Chinese have had to face their own weapons/ammo in Afghanistan, Vietnam and Eastern Europe as well?

Tends to happen to Global arms dealers, The US is no better.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'd be more surprised if US ammo wasn't being fired at US troops, particularly as the US is one of if not the largest commercial exporter of arms and ammunition in the free world.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think its only fair American billionaires make at least some of the profits in this conflict, after all the trouble they went to in creating ISIS its only right they enjoy some of the perks too. Cant have China and Russia making all the easy money. Still though early doors yet will be good to see the rise of share's in drone manufacturers take off in the next few decades.

join