It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media "Blackout" of ISIS hostages? Veteran being threatened by ISIS converted to Islam? We need A

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have been looking for a list of ALL of the hostages apparently being held by ISIS. With each beheading video that "comes out", I have always wondered why I had not previously heard anything about these hostages until they are killed. Does anybody have a list or know where to find a list where we can verify exactly how many hostages they have and who they are? Watching CNN today and they are talking about the military veteran that was alledgedly kidnapped in 2013 by ISIS, and is the next to purportedly be beheaded. In their story, they said how he recently converts to Islam which REALLY makes me wonder the validity of the story. I have already come out as a non-believer of these beheadings, and ISIS being a legitimate terror group, and feel that they are merely propaganda by the US to garner support for military action. That being said, can we ATSers compile a list of said hostages so we can try and confirm some things? I mean, they kill one guy, and immediately in the same video threaten another. Seems kinda strange to me...Also, what does ATS think about this most recent veteran and his conversion to Islam? Would ISIS be willing to kill a fellow Islamist? Not to sound insensitive to some, but is it also strange that his mother is wearing a head scarf in this interview? Has she also converted to Islam? Weird...

In a statement Friday, Kassig's parents, Ed and Paula Kassig of Indianapolis, confirmed that he was being held hostage by ISIS but provided no other details on his abduction. They had maintained silence about his capture since he was taken hostage in 2013.

They have not said ANYTHING about his capture until now? They only NOW want their son back?

Converted to Islam
Kassig's family said he converted to Islam while being held hostage and now goes by Abdul-Rahman.
The family said they understand, "from speaking to former hostages, that Kassig's faith has provided him comfort during his long captivity."
While working in hospitals, some of those Kassig helped treat were rebel fighters, all who vowed they would return to the battlefield as soon as they could.
www.cnn.com...
edit on 4-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: thesmokingman
what does ATS think about this most recent veteran and his conversion to Islam?

Same thing I think of Steve Centanni 'converting' to Islam. Of course they didn't. They say what they need to in order to break free and survive, or to be released. A person can't really convert at the end of sword or with a gun pointing at them. It has to be from the heart.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
And what happened to this female American relief worker that was to be killed last month if the US did not meet ISIS demands? First I have heard of her.

The terror group is demanding $6.6 million and the release of U.S. prisoners for the life of the young woman, who the family requested not be identified.
In addition to the multi-million dollar ransom, the terror group has also demanded that the U.S. release Aafia Siddiqui, an MIT-trained neuroscientist who was convicted by the U.S. in 2010 of trying to kill U.S. officials two years before, according to a supporter of Siddiqui who has been in contact with the hostage’s family.
www.ijreview.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

what does ATS think about this most recent veteran and his conversion to Islam?

Same thing I think of Steve Centanni 'converting' to Islam. Of course they didn't. They say what they need to in order to break free and survive, or to be released. A person can't really convert at the end of sword or with a gun pointing at them. It has to be from the heart.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Fair point, can you explain the head covering worn by his mother? Is she looking for sympathy from ISIS? Is she Islamic?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

can you explain the head covering worn by his mother? Is she looking for sympathy from ISIS?

That'd be my guess.

The guy wasn't muslim but 'converted' while held hostage. That means he was probably raised in his parents religion which wasn't Islam. I would think it was a good public relations move on her part to act like a conservative mother of a muslim in order to help her son. If she came across all western/American, it would probably just tick off those who were holding her son. IMHO It makes sense to wear the head gear.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

While Washington and London might want to rescue the remaining hostages or roll back the Islamic State, they should start by fighting the information war with ISIS. The most immediate way is to stop suppressing information about the hostages and to ask the families and employers of hostages to lift their media blackout requests.

I was unaware that there was a "blackout" on said hostages currently being held by ISIS. Why? Every other time I have seen/heard about a hostage in a war, there has NEVER been a "blackout" of information on them. Kassigs parents have been silent ever since their son was alledgedly taken hostage. Oh, but now that it fits the propaganda of the US they are not silent or being silenced anymore? Too strange if you ask me. If that were my kid, I would NOT be silent...www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

can you explain the head covering worn by his mother? Is she looking for sympathy from ISIS?

That'd be my guess.

The guy wasn't muslim but 'converted' while held hostage. That means he was probably raised in his parents religion which wasn't Islam. I would think it was a good public relations move on her part to act like a conservative mother of a muslim in order to help her son. If she came across all western/American, it would probably just tick off those who were holding her son. IMHO It makes sense to wear the head gear.

Smart as it would be to not try and upset ISIS, do we know for sure that this was the case? Or is she in fact Islamic as well?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Great thread and some great points about the " beheadings ".
I think the whole Isis thing is a farce and the puppet masters are manipulating the public once again.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
On the kidnapped...
I was under the impression that they're naming them one after the other at the end of each video...

On the convert...
They've killed thousands of Muslims so far...
He is next converted or not...

On the headscarf...
It's a lame attempt if it's for sympathy...
But Mary is a figurehead of Christianity & she wore a headscarf, could be that...

Overall he will be beheaded in about 5 or 6 days and we'll have another thread to discuss the authenticity...
However I do feel you're being a bit naive to think it's all propaganda...
These men are dead, their families will attest to that...
There is easier ways to go to war than to propagandise these videos!
They've done it before in much simpler ways!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
Great thread and some great points about the " beheadings ".
I think the whole Isis thing is a farce and the puppet masters are manipulating the public once again.

Thank you! I agree, it is a farce as well. That is why I want to compile a list of all these aledged hostages, so ve can verify what we are being told..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
On the kidnapped...
I was under the impression that they're naming them one after the other at the end of each video...

On the convert...
They've killed thousands of Muslims so far...
He is next converted or not...

On the headscarf...
It's a lame attempt if it's for sympathy...
But Mary is a figurehead of Christianity & she wore a headscarf, could be that...

Overall he will be beheaded in about 5 or 6 days and we'll have another thread to discuss the authenticity...
However I do feel you're being a bit naive to think it's all propaganda...
These men are dead, their families will attest to that...
There is easier ways to go to war than to propagandise these videos!
They've done it before in much simpler ways!

You are correct, they are naming them at the end of all the videos. Somewhere, there should be a list of all Americans that have been taken hostage, right? There is none. There is a media "blackout" on this information. My question is why? That has not been the status quo in the past....While I appreciate you participating in this thread, I will say I think YOU may be the one that is naive. Do you just always believe what the US government tells you? How do YOU know that indeed these men are dead and that I am wrong?
edit on 4-10-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I really would like information as to why the female US aid worker has not been killed as of yet. They certainly said well over a month ago that this would be the case if their demands were not met....Does anybody have any info on this?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

Do you just always believe what the US government tells you? How do YOU know that indeed these men are dead and that I am wrong?

Far from it my friend...
I find that most of what our governments tell us to be absolute horse manure...

But beheadings usually do prove difficult to survive...

Now if you're of the theory the videos are faked I'd find it hard to rebut your opinions as I haven't watched them...
With that said I do see IS as a threat and something we shouldn't take lightly...

Where you don't trust what we're being told...
I don't trust that our governments are doing enough...
So we both find them untrustworthy but for different reasons!

There is a media "blackout" on this information. My question is why?

Couldn't say my friend...
It's unusual, but maybe a precaution for families involved so the media doesn't hound them, maybe for that reason some have asked to be kept anonymous!

edit on 4-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They have not said ANYTHING about his capture until now? They only NOW want their son back?

Yeah that's what I'd do, remain silent. Cause that ol'
silent treatment works everytime.

SnF again

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Do you just always believe what the US government tells you? How do YOU know that indeed these men are dead and that I am wrong?

Far from it my friend...
I find that most of what our governments tell us to be absolute horse manure...

But beheadings usually do prove difficult to survive...

Now if you're of the theory the videos are faked I'd find it hard to rebut your opinions as I haven't watched them...
With that said I do see IS as a threat and something we shouldn't take lightly...

Where you don't trust what we're being told...
I don't trust that our governments are doing enough...
So we both find them untrustworthy but for different reasons!

There is a media "blackout" on this information. My question is why?

Couldn't say my friend...
It's unusual, but maybe a precaution for families involved so the media doesn't hound them, maybe for that reason some have asked to be kept anonymous!

Ok, fair enough. I will say, that I have always had kind of a morbid curiosity, and have seen all the videos, and several other beheading videos in the past, and can say almost certainly that they are not real. Now, their deaths MAY be real, still on the fence on that one, but I can assure you that the videos purportedly showing "Jihadi John" sawing away on the throats of these men, is NOT real. I have brought up before in threads, that I have not only seen several beheading videos in the past, but I have also witnessed someone get their throat cut and have seen the amounts of blood that spray from the carotid artery is cut.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
the pic with the English guy who was just murdered the pic of him in front of the ambulance he is doing the isil finger...

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Yeah that's what I'd do, remain silent. Cause that ol'
silent treatment works everytime.

SnF again

Oh, I am sure that really gets ISIS goat....I know when I get it from my wife, it makes me mad enough to kill.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
the pic with the English guy who was just murdered the pic of him in front of the ambulance he is doing the isil finger...

I have not seen this pic. Do you have a link I can take a look at?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I have seen them in the past.
I remember Kenneth Bigley's quite a bit...

I can't remember it being a bloodbath but the noise they made put me off future videos...
The sound is reminiscent of a squealing pig...
If that was missing from the IS videos I'd probably go with fakes!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join