It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday, Ebola, and Dark Winter... Have We been warned for years?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
For those that know Operation Dark Winter was a simulation about a smallpox infection.

On 22–23 June 2001, the Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Strategies, in collaboration with the Center for Strategic and International Studies, the Analytic Services Institute for Homeland Security, and the Oklahoma National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism, held a senior-level exercise entitled “Dark Winter” that simulated a covert smallpox attack on the United States.
Source and more information here.

The Cities targeted were Oklahoma City, Atlanta Georgia and Philadelphia. Right now we know they have flown patients into Atlanta, Oklahoma City and Dallar are fairly close. It will be interesting to see if the NBC reporter and crew are taken anywhere near Philadelphia. Philadelphia and Maryland are pretty close, let's see if they show up there.

During the simulation 3000 people were infected in the three cities. I will get to the tie in with Black Friday in a moment. Let's look at where we are. It is assumed that the man in Texas came in contact with 100 people. If a small percentage are contagious and they come in contact with 100 people by the time we get to November 17th it is conceivable that 3000 people will be infected. In Operation Dark Winter December 17th was the first date, So one month earlier would be November 17th which is exactly one week before the Black Friday sales, one of the most likely days of the year for people to come in contact with each other. Small-Pox has an incubation period of 9-17 days with a fatality rate of approx 30%. Fairly close to the Ebola we are dealing with.

The simulation had 3000 infected at generation 1, 30,000 at the end of generation 2, and 300,000 at the end of generation 3 which was January 20th in the simulation. Since I am assuming a month early, that would put it at December 20th. Wonder if there is a big event going on that day? I googled to see...

House of Representatives Schedule
Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hearing: Benghazi Attack, Part II: The Report of the Accountability Review Board
Source.

Surely just coincidences... So let's look at some of the people that were on the panel:
Margaret Hamburg: Now Commissioner of FDA

FDA nominee Margaret Hamburg appeared on Charlie Rose twice in the mid-90s. The photo above is from a discussion of the Ebola virus.

Source

Sam Nunn: Father of Steve Nunn

Stephen Rob Nunn, known as Steve Nunn (born November 4, 1952, in Glasgow, Kentucky) is the former Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services for the Commonwealth of Kentucky and a convicted murderer.
Source. Kentucky the other State with reports of Ebola, false but reported. Health and Human Services.

David Gergen Source

An advisor to three Republican presidents, Clinton brought him to the White House in 1993 in a move that caused resentment among the White House staff.

James Woolsey: Director of CIA during Clinton's Administration.

Never once in his two-year tenure did CIA director James Woolsey ever have a one-on-one meeting with Clinton. Even semi-private meetings were rare. They only happened twice. Woolsey told me: "It wasn't that I had a bad relationship with the president. It just didn't exist."[2]
Source. Strange that the President never met with his head of the CIA?

The list goes on and things still stay as strange. Could just be a bunch of coincidences?
edit on 2-10-2014 by K_OS because: Changed the title forgot some people may not be familiar with Dark Winter and it's tie in with bio-hazards.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I didn't think about Black Friday honestly. All those people shoulder to shoulder, rummaging through the same stuff, close contact. It's a mess and given how the symptoms first look like a flu people will be out in droves nevertheless. As for Ebola, I think this isn't going to end well. S + F, you brought up a couple of good points and this is definitely something to keep on the list of things to watch.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That is what I was thinking, it hit at the perfect time to be spread the most. I thought it might be worthy of a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Intriguing to say the least!

Black friday, damn, didnt even think of that, and the timing as you put it, lets just hope it doesnt go like that, because if it does :s

Also, the dec 20 coincidence is weird

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

The timing I think is the strangest. It happens to hit so that it has time to be ready to infect on the busiest shopping day of the year when millions of people will be together.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The last time I attended a Black Friday sale there were plenty of sick people to be had, and they were still out getting their cheap Chinese goods right along with everyone else. I think Black Friday could be a vehicle to spread this even further if it isn't already by then.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

And not to mention, Yom Kippur is coming up tomorrow (sunset). I'm sure people gather to celebrate. Preparing food, shaking hands, hugging, kissing, people using the bathroom one after another.

Then Halloween. Kids going door to door. People handing out candy. Children coughing, sneezing, high fiving. Yeeyikes.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I didn't even think about those! This is the perfect time for an epidemic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think it's way more relevant that it's coming here right at the start of flu season (Ebola is indistinguishable from flu in early stages of infection) and right before winter where societal disruption would cause the most death. Black Friday is just icing on the cake.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If NO ONE shows up for Black Friday due to the Ebola scare, imagine how hard the economy will be hit during the holiday season due to people not going out and shopping.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Funny I found your thread and then saw just this on Bing news right after:

www.ydr.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Well presented thread. My primary concern at present is not actual exposure to EVD but rather a mass panic in urban centers; primarily a sort of paranoia driven violence possibly spilling over into rural areas. Face it, we must still "go into town" to keep stocked up on some supplies (unless you produce your own milk and bread, etc.) so any disruption of over the road shipping--even comparable to that commonly caused by winter weather) could theoretically spread much further and faster than the actual disease. Thankfully we've not (yet) reached the mass panic phase, although I was mulling over the lack of internet and cellphone availability in West Africa in comparison to here in the US where the speed of fear is FTL. Fingers crossed at this point and of course all is quietly mundane as usual. With luck, perhaps all of this will soon be behind us.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Right now the whole city of dallas should be on lockdown for next 21days JUST IN CASE!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Right now the whole city of dallas should be on lockdown for next 21days JUST IN CASE!!!

Its no coincidince on the dates by the way its called A PLAN

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
So I'm already thinking shopping on line needs to become the safe way this year. I was just in gatlinburg tn. At a shop there were at least 100 samples of food for anyone. i can't imagine samples on Black Friday. Just stay home and listen to steely dans Black Friday song and sip a mind numbing beverage that day and humanity may have a chance.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My Mom was a healthcare worker from AZ during that time. She was part of the act at a fair ground simulating the vaccination of hundreds of people in just 4 hours. She always said that she would steal vaccines fo me and my children because the vaccines were going to be short. ///Mom RIP

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Also to think about, funny how Patient Zero was a UPS handler. Was that a direct clue about the upcoming shopping holidays and the danger of UPS type deliveries? Yes, send your loved one a contaminated package for the Holidays.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The ups/mail thing definitely crossed my mind too. Everything just travels too fast these days. It's a hard thing to slow down trade. Nobody wants it to slow down. Faster is all anyone asks for. I think it's good we can see it coming in advance and hopefully we can be smart through this. Happy holidays. Is that still a phrase I'm allowed to say?? It sounds correct enough to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey Everyone, great posts! All of you. Way to make a guy scared to go out of his house...
If this gets as big as people fear, then you can expect to see it in small towns across the U.S... Your children's schools, Universities, Libraries, Gyms, in the supermarket, gas stations, job sites, offices, hospitals, and dentist offices... The only place you won't see it is in government buildings, and in the home of the elites (if this is indeed a conspiracy).
I hope that things get better for everyone, not just for us, but for those outside of the U.S., and especially those in Africa too.
edit on 3-10-2014 by apydomis because: correction

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I see those FEMA camps being activated. All those ready made coffins will come in handy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join