It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason We Never Went Back to the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Strange lights flying by during Apollo 17 mission on the moon.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: FearYourMind

Yes, the moon structure video is sketchy,
And yet, you post it. Why?

With all of the footage from NASA archives showing unidentified objects, there is good reason to believe that strange occurrences are happening on and around the moon.

Why? What do tiny objects near spacecraft in Earth orbit have
to do with the Moon?

I find objects in space and around the moon to be relevant to one another. Maybe you don't, but that's just your opinion.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That's pretty crappy stuff.
You know there are high quality DVDs available, right?
www.amazon.com...

You could even look through these:
www.hq.nasa.gov...
edit on 10/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here are some interesting quotes from respectable people regarding the UFO phenomena.

Russia and the U. S. have announced they are definitely planning several space machines. So it's quite possible that the first space ships or satellites may encounter other interplanetary machines, manned or otherwise. Our space devices may even be closely approached by such alien machines...

~ Maj. Don Keyhoe USMC, November 29, 1957 ~

We have no proof, But if we extrapolate, based on the best information we have available to us, we have to come to the conclusion that ... other life probably exists out there and perhaps in many places...

~ Neil Armstrong, Oct 21, 1999. ~

Statistically it's a certainty there are hugely advanced civilizations, intelligences, life forms out there. I believe they're so advanced they're even doing interstellar travel. I believe it's possible they even came here.

~ Astronaut Storey Musgrove ~

The evidence points to the fact that Roswell was a real incident and that indeed an alien craft did crash and that material was recovered from that crash site, says Mitchell, who became the sixth man on the moon in the Apollo 14 mission. Mitchell doesn't say he's seen a UFO. But he says he's met with high-ranking military officers who admitted involvement with alien technology and hardware. Cooper told a U.N. committee recently, Every day in the U.S.A., our radar instruments capture objects of form and composition unknown to us. Cooper speculates that public skepticism toward UFOs will shift dramatically.

~ Astronaut Gordon Cooper and Ed Mitchell in an interview. ~

I have been over the years very skeptical like many others. But in the last ten years or so, I have known the late Dr. Alan Hynek - who I highly admire. I know and currently work with Dr. Jacques Vallee. I've come to realize that the evidence is building up to make this a valid and researchable question. Further, because my personal motivation has always been to understand our universe better, and my own theoretical work has convinced me that life is everywhere in the universe that has been permitted to evolve, I consider this a very timely question... By becoming more involved with the serious research field, I've seen the evidence mount towards the truth of these matters. I rely upon the testimony of contacts that I have had - old timers - who were involved in official positions in government and intelligence and militiary over the last 50 years. We cannot say that today's government is really covering it up - I think that most of them don't know what is going on anymore than the public...

~ Dr. Ed Mitchell Apollo 14 Astronaut, MSN Interview 10/98. ~

It followed us during half of our orbit. We observed it on the light side, and when we entered the shadow side, it disappeared completely. It was an engineered structure, made from some type of metal, approximately 40 meters long with inner hulls. The object was narrow here and wider here, and inside there were openings. Some places had projections like small wings. The object stayed very close to us. We photographed it, and our photos showed it to be 23 to 28 meters away.

~ Cosmonaut Victor Afanasyev commenting on a UFO sighting that occurred while en route to the Solyut 6 space station in April of 1979. ~

At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs

~ Astronaut Scott Carpenter-Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962. NASA still has not released the photograph. ~

...I've been asked about UFOs and I've said publicly I thought they were somebody else, some other civilization.

~ Commander Eugene Cernan, Commanded the Apollo 17 Mission-The quote is from a 1973 article in the Los Angeles Times. ~

Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control... It is imperative that we learn where UFO's come from and what their purpose is...

~ Admiral Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter Director, Central Intelligence Agency 1947-1950 ~

This 'flying saucer' situation is not at all imaginary or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictitious.

~ Gen. Nathan Twining Chief of Staff, US Air Force, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ~

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has been requested to assist in the investigation of reported sightings of flying disks...

~ John Edgar Hoover Director FBI 1924-1972 ~

You now face a new world, a world of change. We speak in strange terms, of harnessing the cosmic energy, of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy." "The nations of the world will have to unite, for the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets.

~ General Douglas MacArthur- Oct. 8, 1955 ~

We have, indeed, been contacted-perhaps even visited-by extraterrestrial beings, and the US government, in collusion with the other national powers of the Earth, is determined to keep this information from the general public.
Victor Marchetti, former Special Assistant to the Executive Director of the CIA, in an article written by him for Second Look entitled "How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomenon Vol 1, No 7," Washington, DC, May, 1979. In any case, the Air Force has arrived to the conclusion that a certain number of anomalous phenomena has been produced within Belgian airspace. The numerous testimonies of ground observations compiled in this [SOBEPS] book, reinforced by the reports of the night of March 30-31 [1990], have led us to face the hypothesis that a certain number of unauthorized aerial activities have taken place. Until now, not a single trace of aggressiveness has been signaled; military or civilian air traffic has not been perturbed nor threatened. We can therefore advance that the presumed activities do not constitute a direct menace.;The day will come undoubtedly when the phenomenon will be observed with technological means of detection and collection that won't leave a single doubt about its origin. This should lift a part of the veil that has covered the mystery for a long time. A mystery that continues to the present. But it exists, it is real, and that in itself is an important conclusion.

~ Major-General Wilfred de Brouwer, Deputy Chief, Royal Belgian Air Force, in SOBEPS' Vague d'OVNI sur la Belgique - Un Dossier Exceptionnel, Bruss ~

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I met Al Worden when I was a child and spoke to him about his experiences. He seemed sincere to me. If the aliens really wanted us away from the moon, don't you think we would have stopped after the very first mission?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Enjoyed the videos. its nice to have them put together like that. That last one with the tether, well all I've got to say is if all of those lines and dots were ufo's, earth would be second only to Coruscant in space traffic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
Enjoyed the videos. its nice to have them put together like that. That last one with the tether, well all I've got to say is if all of those lines and dots were ufo's, earth would be second only to Coruscant in space traffic.

It's amazing that they only became visible when the energy from the tether was near them and illuminated the objects. The tether was emitting a massive amount of electricity.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When I was in school as a teenager, one of my teachers was ex-NASA who worked on the moon landing.

One day someone asked him about working there, and started babbling on about how aliens were fake, and the whole thing was complete crap.

The teacher got this really somber look on his face, and in the most serious voice he had ever used in the 2 years that I had him as a teacher, looked at him and said "look son, I've seen crap that I can't ever talk about to you, or anyone else. Trust me, we saw things that never made it to the public, and covered up more bad pictures than anyone could possibly imagine, we are NOT ALONE!!"

He died a couple of years after that, alone, and he basically drank himself to death.

I honestly have witnessed one UFO in my day, one I can't explain, but when he said that, it made me start to wonder what the truth really is.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's funny, I just recently bought the game Destiny and one of the quotes I've always found pretty funny was:

"We gave the Hive the Moon, in a hope that that would save the Earth. We were wrong."

I do believe that life off of Earth definitely exists, BUT. If it were hanging out on the back side of the Moon and told us to GTFO, yet we continued to send probes and multiple Apollo missions up there, I'd assume they would take action and do something about us invading on their turf. Only time will tell I suppose.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You lost me at Milton Cooper (AKA William Cooper).

I am a big fan of his radio shows and I cannot tell you how many hours I've spent listening to him.

Yet, he was a delusional crackpot and a liar. Most of his material was either made-up or taken from the ideas of others.

Hell, even John Lear thought Cooper was a liar.....and we're talking John Lear.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Do I believe that there are UFO's ? Yes
Do I believe that we were watched by UFO's during our Moon Landing? Yes
Do I believe in structures on the dark side of the Moon? No
Do I believe the video of that hut on the Moon is Authentic? No Way

There is a fine line between believing the unbelievable and then just believing anything. Any civilization advanced enough to put structures on OUR moon wouldn't have cared if we could see them or not. When we investigate wild animals, sure we hide a bit...but we also tether cameras to tree at eye level but those animals have no idea what they are seeing. If an alien civilization would have put structures on our moon to communicate back to them or to monitor us or to even have some random place to hang their hat, they wouldn't not have cared if we saw it..and even if they did, they could have made those structures look natural...hell, we have Cell Towers that look like trees, I'm sure they could have managed an array that looked like Rocks to us. If they cared to hide it, it'd be hidden...if they didn't care then it wouldn't need to be on the dark side...it's a simple argument.

edit on 2-10-2014 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You do know, when tracing back all the links from Internos, it just leads back to a stock footage website. ww2.editorialbitacora.com... And it's not even that helpful.

However, it's been about 8 years since that thread and anything can happen but is there another way to fact check this?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Right. He wasn't allowed to talk about it so he talks about it to a bunch of kids. Sure. reply to: matadoor

edit on PMu31u10104032312014-10-02T14:32:15-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I am constantly surprised at the things people will pick to argue.

People truly amaze me sometimes.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think simple common sense tells us .. "We are not Alone"
Are we so arrogant to think we are the only intelligent life in the massive universe?
What makes our little planet so special?
Don't say God said so.
He never said we were the ONLY ones he created.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

dont listen to this guy. loved this thread
its my favorite subject and always a brilliant topic of conversation.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
2 things to point out quickly for me.

Those are not space suits. If someone wore something like that on the Moon, they would be dead in seconds. Check out the legs of the "space suit"... Ridiculous.

The ice crystals are ice crystals. Explain why they all take on the image of the diaphragm/shutter mechanism of the camera. This is what happens when small, bright illuminated specks are photographed out of focus and zoomed in. You can do this experiment yourself with a dark room, dust and a camera with flash, focused at infinity. Heave the dust in the middle of the room and take a picture.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
I think simple common sense tells us .. "We are not Alone"
Are we so arrogant to think we are the only intelligent life in the massive universe?
What makes our little planet so special?
Don't say God said so.
He never said we were the ONLY ones he created.

I don't think anyone on here, not even Phage, thinks "we are alone in the universe."

The issue is with people thinking that not only is their other intelligent life out there, but it also happens to be, conveniently right next door.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I do find it quite odd that we have not put more Astronauts on the Moon in YEARS. Today, our technology is so much better. We could find out so much more about the Moon today than we did back then if we did another Moon mission. But we don't, why? This is why I tend to buy the "Alien Theory" when it comes to us not returning. Something is keeping us from putting Men back on the Moon........question is, what? Is it really as simple as Aliens? I think so. I think that our past Astronauts seen something up there that scared the crap out of them and we were threatened to never return again or else.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therealjohndoe
Who said we never went back? I say we are going back and forth, just not public.

I agree. I find it totally implausible that the US is entirely dependent on Russia in order to get people and materials into space.....please give me break! The military hawks would be going ballistic, the hospitals would be full of generals having mental breakdowns foaming at the mouth!

The fastest official aircraft is still the SR-71 blackbird designed in the 50's, world record unbroken since 1976. Yeah right! pull the other one. Zero improvement in the last 38 years who are they trying to kid.

Every single field of technology has advanced and yet we are expected to believe that airborne technology halted 40 years ago! I do not believe it and have no evidence to the contrary but.....common sense, application of technology trends etc would suggest that man is capable of going to the moon in an hour or so, at most. Mars in a couple of days at most.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join