It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you fly?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I fly in my dreams most nights, has been the same as long as I can remember. I usually jump up and then kick my legs (like a treading water motion) and I'm off!

Strangely though I can never fly fast no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to go too high either, I go up and up for a few seconds and when I look down I'm only a few metres from the ground.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Same here in my dreams I can jump into the air and I'm off going over houses and trees, usually not very fast but with the odd burst of speed like I'm pulling the ground under me back behind me.
In my dreams its something I know I can do but I never seem to remember this until I need it or want to use it.

Actually in history there is reports of people levitating. maybe we dream it because part of us knows we can, we have just forgotten how to do so.

prestondennett.weebly.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
no, but i remember i once had a dream i had a flying table.
i couldnt do much with it except hold on to its legs and hope i dont fall.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

I was literally in an airplane a few weeks back, and I was enthralled with how beautiful the sky was, filled with enormous puffy white clouds. I wondered what it would feel like to fly through them, would I come out damp as if walking through a misty woods? Twelve hours later I am at home sleeping when I get that "aha" moment and realize I am in a dream. I remembered my thoughts from earlier and I took off like the modern day Superman, more of a pull from my center of gravity, floating in zero G but with total control. The water vapor was a little cool but again the sky/clouds were fantastic, and it didn't stop there, it was off to the center of a distant galaxy, into the heart of a Sun much like ours. My last thoughts before giving up control of my dream and simply going with it were, "I wonder if it will be warm".

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I have found it so interesting to read about these different experiences. My style of flight seems so natural and easy to me that these other methods seem problematic and difficult, but reading the posts here makes me see that each person's method is natural to them.

Still curious about the meaning of flight in dreams. I might have to go off and do some research now!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To the flight team... here is some information I found...

It seems that mostly flying dreams are good ones.

For the most part flying dreams are positive dreams that we would all like to have before we wake up. These are common dreams that have very power meaning behind it and its entirely up to you to figure out. People who experience flying dreams are strong mind that want the most out of the world.

Most, almost 90% of dream flyers are aware that they are in a dream state and have some control over this state. Most report waking up feeling great.

Flying with ease and enjoying the experiences indicates a certain amount of control over your life, you are on top of a situation. Having trouble with taking off or not enjoying the experience says there might be an area in your life where you feel out of control or needing to manage better.

I am not a dream interpreter or expert. I am simply summarising some information I found from a google search. Here are some links for those who wish to delve deeper into their own particular mode of flight and its possible implications.

Dream Dictionary

Dream moods

Astrology

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I've flown in dreams before, with little to no control. And if i got too scared, the dream would just turn blank.

Last night, I was feeling pretty good when i headed to bed. Closed my eyes, and tried to float out of body. I did, and ended up over a large lake, at dusk. Orange sun reflecting off the water. I got a bout 20 feet, and decided to wake up. I was like, cool

I close my eyes again and return to the same scene, i was looking down at the water i rose up, in control. If i moved my eyes, in the dream, it would sort of go blank for a second until my eyes got fixed where i wanted them to, towards the sky. Black sky, small white stars. I try to move my eyes back down, goes kind of blank again. My eyes get fixed on the water again, and i'm now 500+ feet above the water, I freak out, and force my self awake, came to conscious with a big breath. Can't wait till tonight

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

You can't wait till tonight yet you freaked out and forced yourself awake? It seems that you are somehow being drawn to experience this again even though it was a little scary?

Were you flying (moving through the air) or floating / levitating? It seems you must have been moving if you went from 20 feet to 500 feet up, but were you aware of how it happened?

I assume from your post that you want to try again tonight, is that right? I hope you manage and have a wonderful experience. Let us know how you get on.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ok, i may go a bit off topic, i am sorry if i do. I can fly in my dreams one of two ways, the first is what i call mega jumping, and the second is superman flying with my arms at my sides.

I am also a lucid dreamer, and have been as long as i remember.

My question to all of you, is, can you explain how i can place my self in places? I don't do it ll the time, but more often than not, i can see a place on tv or read about it and be there.....i can smell it, hear it and feel it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Hey fellow lucid dreamer!

My question to all of you, is, can you explain how i can place my self in places? I don't do it ll the time, but more often than not, i can see a place on tv or read about it and be there.....i can smell it, hear it and feel it.

There are a few techniques I use in lucid dreams to get to another place.

1. Doors! It seems so simple but is often overlooked. I'll think about what's on the other side of the door, then open it and I'm usually where I was trying to go. Sometimes it doesn't work and il find myself in a hallway filled with more doors. It's weird.

2. Spinning. Spin around while thinking of where you will be once you stop spinning. I also use the spinning technique when I feel I'm losing control of the dream. Spin to change location and spin to gain control.

3. Mirrors. I love looking at myself in mirrors during lucid dreams. You can walk through the mirror, like Alice did and find yourself in another location.

I've tried flying to get somewhere I wanted to go but for some reason I never get there that way. I have the best luck with doors.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

What is on the other side Alice? Wonderland?

I wish, now that would be awesome! I'll have to try it out.

I'm a big time history buff and usually use mirrors to travel to the past. On the other side of the mirror I find castles, knights and beautiful dresses to play with!

Looking at yourself in the mirror while in a lucid dream state is something hard to explain. Sometimes I look like a monster and sometimes I'm beautiful, guess it depends on my emotional state while dreaming. I can also make my appearance change/morph right before my eyes. Try it out next time your lucid! I'd love to hear about how it works for you

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I was levitating

We chase what thrills us right? Yeah I enjoyed the dream, was a bit surreal. Unfortunately I was drunken when I slept the night after.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mura44
My whole life I have been able to fly in my dreams. Not only can I fly, but I know that I can fly at any time I choose.
So I'm curious - Does anyone else have this ability. Or similar flying ability that has a different action?

I've been able to fly while lucid dreaming quite often. Lucid dreaming happens for me now & then since I was in my late teens, you get better at it the more you lucid dream. In the early years, what was uncontrollably fast superman flight has progressed into a slow levitated liftoff, where I can hover, or speed along the treetops looking down at my dream characters. In one dream I remember, I levitated another person up to where I was hovering and held them there for a brief time. In quite recent flight dream, 2 semi trucks were speeding toward me on the highway intent on running me down. Instead of running, I took flight & headed straight up. The situation was amusing to me as to how I evaded the trucks. As I headed up the view of the valley below was quite nice. I hovered there a moment, taking it all in. Then I casually flew over to a suspension bridge where I perched on one of its concrete pillars, looking down at the people below. From there I flew down lower to another perch just out of reach of the passing people. A lady mentioned as I landed, "hey, he can fly"

In another dream from long ago, I was flying above a river feeling the power surge through me. A thought occurred to me as I felt the super strength within, to test its limits. I flew over to a rather large tree, seizing it by the trunk mid-level, and ripping it straight out of the ground while still flying. With this tree in hand while levitating & flying around, I used it as a giant baseball bat just causing major destruction around my vicinity until the amusement wore off.

In my most recent lucid dream, although I did not fly, I was able to run super fast. It started in a park where I was walking along with some other people. There was a stream coming off a hill, as from a spring. It was nice there as it flowed down the gently sloping rock face & meandered along next to the sidewalk a ways. The dream was becoming more vivid for me and I felt like going for a run. I started off at a brisk jog, but then soon sped up to what would be an all out sprint in real life, but going in excess of 20 mph. I was able to keep up this mind numbing pace for several miles, maybe 3 to 5 miles, without even getting winded. The normal signs of running were not there, my heart didn't beat any faster, nor did I need to breathe any harder. It was like I could run forever and not tire, but I did stop eventually as the thrill of it waned. As I ran I passed several people on the walkway, even people on bicycles. No one shall catch up to me, even if anyone was even trying.

In another dream account very briefly, I took to the sea, where I was able to breathe underwater. Something happened along the lines of meeting a mermaid, and a dimensional portal, cool stuff.

The best way for me to describe liftoff the way I do it now is that I give a little jump if at all, and push off with telekinetic force of will, often emanating from my hands. To maintain flight or levitation after liftoff only requires a bit of my concentration. Since I use telekinetic force to fly, I also use the same force to manipulate stuff in my dreams. With a wave of my hand and a little concentration, I have sent trees a mile away from me toppling over just because I could.

You might also like this link:Dream Views
edit on 10/7/14 by TC Mike because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/14 by TC Mike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I had a great dream where I went flying with one of my friends.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I fly in dreams quite often. A trimmed down version of the flying I do when awake (hang gliding). Literal hand gliding.

No hang glider. I use my hands to provide lift on a windy day. Like "flying" your hand outside a car window. On a hill, set hands just so. Off I go!
edit on 10/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

The time that I flew, I was trying to astral project. I was successful by being in a meditative state and feeling the energy spiraling around me. Then I just "hopped on" to the energy and away I went. I had a guide who was showing me how to control my flight. I had a bit of a crush on someone at work and wanted to see if I could find that person. All of the sudden I find myself in an airport and I see the person. I fly off and do other things and then am back in my body. At first, I wasn't sure if it was just a dream or actual astral travel, but it was cool as hell. The next day I go to work and the person I mentioned is not there. I inquire, and was told that there was a death in the family and the person had taken a red-eye flight out of state the night before.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Hey no problem
I have had astral experiences too but the head shift effect is a little disconcerting. I am always comfortable with flying tho.
When I was a child I remember (awake) sitting at the top of my mothers stairs on a rug saying "Fly carpet fly" - a quote from a movie or tv programme at the time. We moved from there at the age of 4 years old so I had this belief in fliight ability before that i'm sure

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i floated in real life.

true story

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i floated in real life.

true story

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
A technique I use when trying to stay lucid while dreaming other than punching my hands out in front of me or kick my leg out is actually, Jumping.

I am then able to fly or float in place. And usually not for long but it's a great feeling when I am able to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join