It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey tsunami caught on video.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
No, not that kind of turkey, the country Turkey.

Pretty dramatic inundation just for a storm, I didn't think you would get a surge like this without severe tropical depressions like hurricanes/typhoons (or of course the geological reasons for some).

Hope everyone was okay.

edit on 1-10-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: edit

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Wondering which side, Mediterrainian or Black sea. Checked buoy site. It doesn't show any buoy's in either area.

Interesting. Underwater earthquake?

edit on 1-10-2014 by crappiekat because: sp still didn't get it right

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Black sea side. They say it's a storm surge and that it's happened before and that highway shouldn't be there and such but it seemed pretty sudden and powerful to just be a storm surge. Maybe someone with more knowledge can enlighten.

dutchsinse.tatoott1009.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Thank you. I just went back and watched the video again and caught that tidbit.

1999 amd 2009.

edit on 1-10-2014 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I've swam in the Black Sea and i dont even remember a wave or any tide whatsover. Hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Definitely weird. Same thing apparently happened in Ukraine almost exactly 3 months ago with a smaller storm surge in croatia the same day. The article mentions that there were no tremors or earthquakes

news.msn.co.nz...
edit on 1-10-2014 by tavi45 because: spelled Croatia wrong

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
With all the Volcano activity around the world, this caught my eye.

But it seems to me (after rereading the article), has happened before in 1999 and in 2009. The article also mentions a displacement of the coast line in the area.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Well, I guess it could be underwater volcano's. Or some sort of ground displacement under the sea.

You don't hear of much research done in that area. At least I haven't

Went back and reread the article you posted. Says they are putting together a commission to look into it. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. Or if the information is ever published for the public????
edit on 1-10-2014 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Nice catch PX!

That was quite something..i hope no one was in the path of that,it doesn't bode well i imagine..

This area is located in the Southern Black Sea i believe.What first struck me,is that it reminded me of a similar incident on the Ukrainian coast/beach (North Black Sea)>> www.youtube.com...
This whole area (well,Ukrainian river deltas) is in a subduction zone incidentally..

Also it is located very near,or precisely on, the Anatolian plate boundary (Northern Turkish coast)
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Plus the floor of the Mediterranean is predicted to drop and is indeed showing the exact symptoms of this..could all these adjustments be the cause?

Could this be the same scenario as what Taiwan,Vietnam,Bangladesh and Indonesia are suffering?..that being; due to active/tilting plates,the water table is displaced and pushed back up towards the land and up rivers creating floods in this case (or conversely the land subsiding into the sea) the tsunami buoys here,have been registering a 150m fluctuation.

The governments in these areas are saying it is due to rainfall; even when there is no rain..just something to ponder on there.

Another guesstimate is; that it could be effected by the daily Earth wobble?..which leaves water in place while the Earth is moving underneath..this is apparently what was/is causing the many ships to run aground.

The last possible option is; an out of kilter gulf/jet stream..which is creating mega waves from Northern Spain,along the French coast,the Welsh coast and also areas like Cornwall UK..but i would have found that a bit less likely as these waves would have to go all the way through the Mediterranean sea and through the straights at Istanbul (which is quite a squeeze)

Eyes peeled i guess.. things are progressing.

Stay well

edit on 1-10-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Thank you for the information.

I don't have the opourtunity to be on the internet too often. So my research sucks. LOL

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

No need to thank me my friend..it is my pleasure,passion and duty to get this info out,PM me any time and i will be more than happy to help out..

I recommend this site for any queries or updates regarding the real reason behind what the world is experiencing...

poleshift.ning.com...

All the best

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Apparently it happens there every few years, during intense storming. The Black Sea Highway is a case of bad engineering.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Brilliant spot and thanks for sharing. As to the causes.....

Difficult one. Yes, the Black Sea is tectonically active (earthquakes, volcanoes, sub sea volcanoes, etc). There are certainly fairly intact underwater settlements within the Black Sea but these seem more linked to the Mediterranean breaching the Bosphorus Land Bridge than a "deluge" event (backed up by the remarkable preservation at some sites).

It certainly seems a huge surge for a storm but then when you look in the geography / geology there is certainly the potential for major storm surges - there is the potential for huge depressions to build up over thousands of miles of open steppe before it reaches the Black Sea - combined with heat from the Anatolian plains and the Mediterranean region, there is surely the potential for mega storm surges?

The Romans and Greeks certainly knew how tempestuous the Black Sea could be - there are various accounts of this in history. Because of that, and because of a lack of tectonic data, i would say that storm surge is by far the most likely culprit.

There is a lot of geological monitoring throughout the Black Sea, mainly by Russian and Turkish authorities. I honestly do not know what those authorities are like at sharing data.......For example, a lot of Russian monitoring is / was on behalf of the military (Black Sea Fleet base).

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yup looks like a serious storm surge. A tsunami would not recede that quickly.

Compare to videos on YouTube from Japan and Thailand.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Thank you, this part made me feel a little less odd.
Of course I pictured a wave of large poultry tumbling over one another, inundating the landscape....in my mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Buddyman

Hey Buddyman, thanks for your input.

Though I'm aware of the sinking of some of the plates, even though it is happening much more slowly than predicted, I do believe this is just storm surge.

My interest in this case was this, I just thought storm surge was in proportion to the strength of a depression and it's associated low pressure, and since there are no hurricanes in the Black Sea, a surge of this strength would be unusual for the Black Sea.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Some good ideas!

I appreciate your input and not being argumentative, but having been an on/off sailor for the better part of 3 decades, I thought depressions gained strength over large bodies of warm water and lost strength over land, not the other way around?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Thank you, this part made me feel a little less odd.
Of course I pictured a wave of large poultry tumbling over one another, inundating the landscape....in my mind.

Ya, when I looked back at the thread title in isolation that same thought came to mind, Thanksgiving is only a couple weeks away for us Canucks, a little further out for you guys but I'm sure its starting to be in people's minds.

new topics

top topics

join