It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America has no more great leaders.... answered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I did my best to summarize things but I beg you to watch the interview. I can't possibly do justice to Burns' points. It's only 15 minutes long and very interesting. The link is at the bottom.

Ken Burns just released his documentary on the Roosevelts on PBS. The documentary is one of the best things I've ever seen and incredibly relevant today.

He did an interview with Jon Stewart on a recent daily show episode and Stewart asked why America has no more great leaders. Burns explained that truly great leaders are born from great tragedy and the overcoming of hardships. Not only that but a great leader is a man of great flaws not only great strengths. Our modern society kills off our potential leaders before they become great because flawed people aren't given a chance now. I'm summarizing this incredibly poorly which is why I beg you to watch the interview.

thedailyshow.cc.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Not to be harsh, but an average (or slightly apathetic) society will vote for average leaders.

Kind of like how lazy people at work don't want a bad-ass, hard working supervisor, then they would have to work harder too...

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They are political puppets, they say when they are told to say, dress how they are told to dress - even their social mannerisms are vetted for the appropriate audience.

The president is no longer that ultra trusted man that makes hard decisions, everything is done for him or her to say, they are no longer leaders, simply a mouth piece for the installed government - we all suspect it and its all true.

I bet Obama doesn't even get to eat what he wants for breakfast with a overpaid bunch of nutritionists on it for several months.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The whole point is that there are no true leaders running at all because the true leaders never make it that far. Please watch the video. It's informative and highly entertaining.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The Roosevelt series was pretty good. I enjoyed that but missed parts of some of the series because I had other things to do.

Even though I did not agree with all the stuff that was done, the Roosevelt's did a lot of good for the workers in this country. A lot of bad things for our environment did occur around that time though, they should have worked on that issue a little more back then. Increasing jobs so fast caused a lot of problems, also increasing the wages too fast led to inflation. We also increased world trade, especially imports, too fast back then. That problem was reduced after the war.

The Roosevelt's did not directly cause these problems though, it is just that he started a lot of things that led to the depression because of too much change too fast. We now have agencies that have been created to overlook these things with our Economy, but they seem to still be messing things up anyway. It isn't easy to steer such a big economy.

top topics

join