It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS opens Consulate in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And, the Turkish government allowed this to happen? Does Turkey not have the right or force to reject this from happening. The email address is [email protected]

It has been reported that the fundamentalist terror organization ISIS has very recently opened a consulate in Ankara, Turkey.

The terror organization the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) has reportedly opened an embassy in the Turkish capital Ankara and started to issue visas to those who want to join the jihadist fight in Iraq.

The Turkish ruling AKP government has apparently provided great conveniences to the terrorist organization during negotiations to secure the return of 49 Turkish diplomats who were kidnapped in the Turkish Consulate of Mosul by ISIS terrorists.

The website, which appears to be belong to the consulate, indicates that visa applications can be sent to [email protected] and the official address is stated in Çankaya district of Ankara.

It is also claimed on the website that those who get injured during a war deserves treatment, no matter at which side they are.

“Our army continues with its operation to clean out Kobani district of Iraq. 471 terrorists were killed and unfortunately there were children among them,” writes the alleged website of ISIS.
www.aydinlikdaily.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ISIS is apparently recruiting fighters through this consulate. Does that not make Turkey at least guilty of harboring a terrorist orginization or something? This seems VERY weird to me...Is it the US trying to "catch" people that are trying to join ISIS. I always wondered exactly one needs to do to "join" ISIS.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

This is a strange and disturbing situation. Surely they haven't been bullied into this. Manipulated, yes, but might be more than that?

I also wonder if this could be the underlying reason they refused to allow us/allies to use their landing strips to fight the psychopaths. This was brewing.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hopefully it's a CIA front and when you get aproved for your ISIS visa you have to report to the consulate to collect and....ZAP...Off to the Bay you go!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is what especially stood out to me.

The Turkish ruling AKP government has apparently provided great conveniences to the terrorist organization during negotiations to secure the return of 49 Turkish diplomats who were kidnapped in the Turkish Consulate of Mosul by ISIS terrorists.

I had heard before of ISIS having roots in Turkey or Quatar, but not sure how substantiated those claims were/are. I think this definitely means Turkey is aiding and abetting ISIS to say the least.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

This is a strange and disturbing situation. Surely they haven't been bullied into this. Manipulated, yes, but might be more than that?

I also wonder if this could be the underlying reason they refused to allow us/allies to use their landing strips to fight the psychopaths. This was brewing.

I remember back when ISIS released the 49 Turkish hostages, I wondered what exactly kind of connection does turkey have to ISIS. I made a thread awhile back about the Turkish television show that had eerie similarities to the ISIS beheadings. I will tell you what, I hope that the US and friends do NOT try and go after Turkey....That would be a grave mistake...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Just to add to this - 'Surprise?' - see what else is spelt out when you type in;

ISIS in Chechnya
ISIS in Kosovo etc. Oh and don't forget, ISIS in Pakistan,

Sounds like the kettle has been boiling since the Kosovo Liberation Days.

And did'nt Turkey halt USA Fighter planes flying through during a not too long ago mission?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The source is an opposition paper who does hatchet jobs on the ruling party on a regular basis. Considering the Turks just sent armor to the border where they were getting shelled by ISIS I would not guess that any real consulate will be opening anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: steaming

Just to add to this - 'Surprise?' - see what else is spelt out when you type in;

ISIS in Chechnya
ISIS in Kosovo etc. Oh and don't forget, ISIS in Pakistan,

Sounds like the kettle has been boiling since the Kosovo Liberation Days.

And did'nt Turkey halt USA Fighter planes flying through during a not too long ago mission?

Wow! Pretty damn crazy if you ask me. I believe you are correct about Turkey not allowing use of their airstrips as well.
This does not look good. I mean, none of us really know the end game here...weather ISIS is real, or a made up boogeyman, we simply do not know at this time. Again, I will say, if Turkey is bombed, and if they are harboring an ISIS consulate, this could get real interesting. We will have to wait and see the US response to this development in the next 24 hours or so.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Why would it be a grave mistake if obama decided to attack Turkey? I dont understand.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I wonder if they will give / offer Assange asylum - since they both appear to be on the US governments radar, you know, the enemy of my enemy blah blah blah.

An easy target would not the consulate make?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This should surprise no one. Erdogan and the Islamist government of Turkey are monsters and the sons of the same monsters who committed genocide against the Armenians and the Assyrian Christians. Of course, they are in bed with ISIS ... they trained and continue to arm and support ISIS.

It is way past time to throw Turkey out of NATO and carve out Kurdistan from much of it. And most of the northeast and east should be handed back to the Armenians in reparation for the Genocide.

Now anyone who is awake will recognise that ISIS, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and the Obama Government of the USA are all in bed together. The Obama strategy against ISIS is a ridiculous joke. ISIS is the perfect foil/enemy especially for the nations that created it.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Kapriti because: spelling; final note

edit on 29-9-2014 by Kapriti because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I think there only a few potential explanations. I also think that this likely has something to do with the release of the Turkish hostages. I think, like the OP mentioned, that this could be some sort of trap, but I have doubts about that at this point. It seems more likely that Turkey was bullied into this. They don't want ISIS destabilizing in their country, and that is understandable. Instead of making an enemy of ISIS they wish to pacify them. I doubt they were manipulated into this, as Turkey should have known what the score was the entire time.

I don't care what their reasons are, this makes them guilty of harboring terrorists. Apparently they're more worried about ISIS than the west. Unless Turkey's leaders secretly harbor the same values as ISIS, and that is why they're helping them.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The source is an opposition paper who does hatchet jobs on the ruling party on a regular basis. Considering the Turks just sent armor to the border where they were getting shelled by ISIS I would not guess that any real consulate will be opening anytime soon.

I appreciate you pointing that out...I have no knowledge of the site myself. Again, I guess we will just have to wait and see thee validity of this claim in the next day or so.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

This should surprise no one. Erdogan and the Islamist government of Turkey are monsters and the sons of the same monsters who committed genocide against the Armenians and the Assyrian Christians. Of course, they are in bed with ISIS ... they trained and continue to arm and support ISIS.

It is way past time to throw Turkey out of NATO and carve out Kurdistan from much of it. And most of the northeast and eartheast should be handed back to the Armenians in reparation for the Genocide.

Now anyone who is awake will recognise that ISIS, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and the Obama Government of the USA are all in bed together. The Obama strategy against ISIS is a ridiculous joke. ISIS is the perfect foil/enemy especially for the nations that created it.

I definitely have always leaned toward your line of thinking here. I honestly believe that like you said all these countries are in bed together, and have a greater similar goal in mind. Just translating what I read.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Turkey sent the armour to the border not because of ISIS but because of the Kurds! It is so easy to deceive the West, especially those idiots who repeat that "Islam is a religion of peace".

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I am not as surprised as I should be by this.

"Dont be a Turk" we say in Spain. (don't be a backstabbing liar /cheat)

Ugh, history repeats itself. Thankfully the end is OK. Its just the bulk of the story that's a pain in the ass.

edit on 9 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This site states a consulate was "seized". This article is dated June 11, 2014. Nonetheless...........
rt.com...

kidnapped 49 people in the Turkish consulate in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul and 31 Turkish truck drivers in separate attacks, Ankara said. Al-Qaeda offshoot ISIS has been advancing on the cities north of Baghdad.

Militants of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIS / ISIL) have captured 49 Turkish citizens at the Mosul consulate, Turkey’s Foreign Ministry announced on Wednesday. As many as 31 Turkish drivers have also been taken hostage by the militants in separate incidents and are being held at a power station in Mosul, the ministry added.

The Turkish Consul-General in Mosul, Ozturk Yilmaz, several members of Turkey’s special forces and three children were among those taken hostage by the ISIS militants, Reuters reported citing sources in the Turkish prime minister’s office.

Um, okay, this was from the Turkish Consulate in an Iraqi location.
edit on 9/29/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman WTH kind of circus reality have I fallen into.this is too crazy soon Isis will have an embassy in Britain

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if "terrorists" attacked their consulate

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join