It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA battle tactics are really stupid - really.AGAINST ISIS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
why are the USA using really stupid tactics like dropping bombs on empty buildings and some humvees and some pick up trucks.

i mean its just stupid.the terrorists simply scatter and regroup. it's like Whack a mole.

why don't they use A10's in a sustained strafing against ISIS personnel instead?

i mean that Gatling gun can really put the fear of god in these scumbags yet we are dropping bombs on some vehicles and empty buildings its just idiotic.

i mean when these isis people are moving on roads in a convoy or attacking towns/citys its the A10 we should be using but we are dropping some random bombs on empty vehicles and sand.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: championoftruth

How do you know that we are dropping bombs on empty targets?
Where are you getting this info from

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i think it's because it's not real.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The whole thing could be for "show".

No real damage intended.

Lot's of conspiracies about just who is supporting who and for what.

Some think this could be a reverse psy-ops designed to have ISIS be the victors.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We should just stay out of their business and let an Arab coalition deal with it. Everytime we drop bombs, collateral damage ensues, everytime collateral damage ensues we create more recruits for them. The only way you'd get me get me to join an extremist group I didn't agree with is if their mortal enemies killed my innocent family. Then id join and fight until death do us part.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Chimpout because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Because they don't actually want to eradicate the enemy or terrorist this is the blueprint there has to be some type of boogey man for us. We don't fear al-queda anymore.. America has the strongest military in the world if we really wanted to take somebody out they would be gone before you could say Drone.

That's why there bombing empty buildings. So they can go back to the Americam public and say see were really doing something.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is also probably because the big bad muslims extremists are only tough when treating women like dogs or tied up captives.when confronted with a real man they hide under the skirts of the women the so like to oppress.

I think we should bait them out with a giant cartoon of Muhammad. painted by female schoolgirls, maybe lesbian schoolgirls and gay men. christian gay men.

pretty sure I read somewhere yesterday the A-10 is heading there. I have often wondered about the cost of the missile blowing up some lone toyota truck...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If they really wanted it all to stop they would hit where it hurts, which is the people that invested in this war.

But we all know they won't do that.. they want to take Syria, the rest is just for show.
edit on 29-9-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ISIS is hiding among civilians, so to avoid civilian casualties they are bombing headquarters, ammunition depots, vehicles and other stuff that can limit ISIS options.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
They're deposing Assad, not fighting Isis...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They arent using "battle" tactics as in shooting at them, they shoot back...thats not a "battle" as in fighting WITH-AGAINST them one against one.

The US is performing air assaults. Not at all like "battle tactics". Your phrasology is wrong there.....

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

why are the USA using really stupid tactics like dropping bombs on empty buildings and some humvees and some pick up trucks.

Its almost as if we didnt really want to hurt ISIS...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The US is using very basic battle tactics. Common sense ones you could say. The airstrikes are designed to do two things. One forces ISIS forces to disperse heavy weapons, their by halting offensive abilities and allowing local ground forces to go on the offensive. You see this wherever the US is hitting. And second to degrade ISIS long term assets, like oil production and comand and control. The US is also doing this in the a way that provides maximum safety for its forces using aircraft that ISIS can not shoot down or drones/TLAMs. A-10 could only be used if air defense assets in the area have been dealt with. In this case they would be high risk to use at the moment. So if you know anything about military tactics then you would know these are smart. This is not a video game.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It is not a really stupid tactic if you have the contract to supply these bombs. Got to do something with the old stock before pushing the case for new orders of arms.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

US have a tendency to create a show of "shock and awe", this is to demoralized the enemy, showing the mighty of powers of our military without ground incursions.

While it can work a couple times, at the end like you said the enemy just scatter and run away until the attack is over.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
From what I can make of the Iraqi press ISIS is one hour away from Bagdhad with nothing to stop them,without boots on the ground this looks like Vietnam redux

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackTiger
They're deposing Assad, not fighting Isis...

Ah yes, deposing Assad by deliberately not targeting any of his forces, installations and politely letting him know in advance the raids would begin...

A cunning tactic indeed...

As for the OP - I thought the A-10 had been taken out of service?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

NOT YET!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
From what I can make of the Iraqi press ISIS is one hour away from Bagdhad with nothing to stop them,without boots on the ground this looks like Vietnam redux

There are boots on the ground just not American boots. We have lost far too many people over there let them fight it out for a change.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: stumason

NOT YET!

Yes American can't wait to get rid of a Muslim leader who protected people of other religions so we can install a central bank and a brutal dictator that meets Israel and Saudi Arabia's approval. Isn't it nice for American to go even further into debt and get more of it's people killed fighting wars that are not ours to fight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join