It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to create a schrodinger's cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
We create schrodinger's cat on a daily basis. Anytime you think of a question that has two possible answers (or do anything) that you don't have the answer to until a certain "time". For example am I going to make it to work on time tomorrow or will I be late? Well that depends on a number of things which I won't know until I get to work and I just created a schrodinger's cat.

Our universe is a schrodinger's cat.
edit on 29-9-2014 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Good points. I will now decide if I will give you a flag and/or star (the choice will be made after posting).

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Well, you get a male and female cat in heat and put them in a box. At some point, the female may or may not become pregnant. Even if the system emits an excited Tomcat, you can't tell from the state of the Tom if the female is pregnant or not.

Once the female has been in the box long enough, she may or may not deliver some Schrodinger's kittens. If you don't look, you can't tell if the female is pregnant or if she has delivered, and the kittens will be in a state of superposition.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I shall win the lottery, by not looking at the numbers on my ticket until after the drawing. Get the drawing's winning numbers, then look at my ticket, in full expectation that the numbers will match.
The winning numbers will not be on my ticket until I Schroding them there.
edit on 29-9-2014 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Correction:

Any mere events generate by themselves "schrodinger's cats". The position of electrons in every atoms of the universes, the acceleration of every particles in the universes, everything that moves or do not move generates a possibility universe.

And it's not merely limited to only two events. It's every events - even inaction by itself is an event. And this infinity of choices happen not on a daily basis, not even each second, but at the Planckian level of Time itself.

edit on 29-9-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Shepard is confused, who is this Schrodinger guy? and how is our universe his cat?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BAZINGA

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Correction:

Any mere events generate by themselves "schrodinger's cats". The position of electrons in every atoms of the universes, the acceleration of every particles in the universes, everything that moves or do not move generates a possibility universe.

And it's not merely limited to only two events. It's every events - even inaction by itself is an event. And this infinity of choices happen not on a daily basis, not even each second, but at the Planckian level of Time itself.

you are saying the same thing that my post is saying please read posts fully and try to understand before you reply. I gave an example and yes every event that has multiple outcomes and has time associated with it is a schrodinger's cat.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Hehe hiya Shepard64 so schrodinger's cat is basically a cat (or anything that has time and more than 1 possible outcome) in a box that you do not know is alive or dead until you look in the box. Before you look in the box the cat is in a state of both alive and dead because you do not know its state until you look inside. So basically anything you do on a given day even taking 1 step forward is a schrodinger's cat because you do not know the outcome until you place that step. Maybe when your foot touches the ground you stub your toe and fall over or maybe you just keep walking normally however you do not know until after you take that step or "open the box".

Our universe is a schrodinger's cat because we do not know if this cat (universe) is really dead or alive until someone outside our universe observes it. I know our universe has been observed outside our know universe because we ourselves are here creating our own schrodinger's cat every second we are here. We have been observed by something/someone outside our universe. Anything that has "time" associated with it must have been observed.

new topics

top topics

join