It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of Blue Earwax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I discovered something strange today, and I wanted to know if anyone else has seen or heard of it. After my morning shower, I cleaned my ear with a q-tip, and it came out an inky blue. Like, really blue. So I Google'd it, and I saw a lot of other posts asking about the same problem- but no pictures.

There wasn't many good answers as to what this means health wise, but apparently its result of an infection by the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa. I feel fine, but should I go on antibiotics? Am I becoming an alien? It feels quite strange, having blue earwax....

Wikipedia Info

Thanks! Big day, its my first post! Many more to come!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Erm...thanks for the picture o.O

Earwax is naturally antibacterial, and basically everyone should know by now not to put stuff/things in your ear. The abrasion to the ear canal can then create a surface where bacteria can harbor as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tAcAnAvAn

That's bizarre.

Either way, heat up some Neomycin ointment(AKA Neosporin without painkilling ingredients) and coconut oil(distilled), mix up and let it cool some. Then place into dropper and drip into ear. Let sit on each side for 20 minutes then repeat three times daily.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Go to the doctor.....

2nd line

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ujustneverknow

Yeah I just saw his location.

Go to the doctor. I second this poster's answer. If you are in America, since most if not all here can't afford to just "go to the doctor", take my advice lol.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

Right you are. But it gets hard to hear, and I figure its okay sometimes. I use coconut oil to rinse too. Hospital service takes forever here, but if I start feeling sick, I'll definitely go. Does this mean for sure I'll feel unwell soon?
edit on 28-9-2014 by tAcAnAvAn because: additional content

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ohhh that kind of earwax.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'm going to type a reply out of fear You wouldn't be able to hear Me... MAYBE IF I YELL?... Have You got a health food type store nearby? I'm a firm believer in 'ear candles' since I had some build up and went to the 'regular Dr.' after a $20.00 co-pay and a splitting headache after She dug around in there, evidently it is 'okay; s.o.p.' to root around in someone else's ears but not Your own..

Anyways, they are tapered like a regular candle and You light the end and let it burn down. The heat extracts ALL the crap in there and don't be surprised if You end up with enough wax for a couple candles.. I have seen a 'amber' and a root beer brown but no 'blue' but I'm not sad. Don't be sad.

Try these because they are kinda fun anyway, the science behind it. I don't want to appear 'rude' or 'uncouth' (p.c. warning rest assured I'm anything butt worried...) it is interesting to see what the body can manufacture, it is similar to a good burp or good fart, who doesn't enjoy those?

namaste

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It looks more TEAL actually..........WHAT?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
After I checked to see if anyone had somehow spilled blue body wash or blue mouthwash into my Qtips, I'd see a dr.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You are slowly becoming a Smurf....

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

That's what I thought initially, so I checked for any blue liquids in the house. I think the color matches the bacteria pigment in the picture from wiki.

But people online were talking about purple, even black earwax. I've never tried that ear candle thing, but it sounds like a good time

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I wonder if it's from the body not producing enough ear wax? Or perhaps doing things to remove ear wax or scrape the lining of canal like using Q-tips? I know the body will extract ear wax naturally if you never clean ears. Perhaps ear wax works in the same way highly saturated fats do in that it doesn't allow much growth of much of anything.

Interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Maybe this is a fungus....?
Maybe it will be like the bat fungus that chokes off their airways as they hang peacefully from some ceiling....
First in your ears then it.....spreads.....

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What the hell is in your ear!!??

Thanks for sharing. and , um. ... good luck?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tAcAnAvAn
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

That's what I thought initially, so I checked for any blue liquids in the house. I think the color matches the bacteria pigment in the picture from wiki.

But people online were talking about purple, even black earwax. I've never tried that ear candle thing, but it sounds like a good time

I wouldn't advise using ear candles, and others who are professionals agree.

www.quackwatch.com...

More recently, two investigators tested candles to see whether the wax accumulated after burning came entirely from the candle or included wax that came from the ear. To do this they burned candles with the tip (a) inside the ear, (b) outside the ear, so the wax dripped into a bowl of water, and (b) inside the ear but with a tube in place that would permit ear wax to move into the tube but would block candle wax from moving downward. They demonstrated that all residue originated from the candle and that no ear wax was removed from the ear

www.audiology.org...

When one “googles” the term “ear candling,” 673,000 Web sites and links appear. Many present reasonable and rational information warning those contemplating this activity of nonexistent benefits in tandem with significant potential for serious injury. The medical literature has clearly demonstrated ear candling has often caused serious injury without evidence of benefit (Zackaria and Aymat, 2009).

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Going on my knowledge of from lady product commercials, you're about to play tennis in full whites, hang with your friends and do cartwheels on the beach.
(Also, why do they always choose blue to demonstrate? They could try pink, yellow, salmon, cyan, brown or red... Well, maybe not brown and red)

(also, see a doc!)
edit on 28-9-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It is a good time in a funny way.. It is like parking a few blocks away from Your favorite Italian restaurant, the one that has the good bread and balsamic vinegar, while You wait their excellent Caesar salad. Personally, could it be the the EXTRA garlic they use..? That salad is followed by 'linguine and white clam sauce, Coke™ w/no ice.." as You 'channeled' Mike Damone from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.. You wrap that up w/a glass of their House Port and that good Tiramisu..

The Head Waiter 'comps' Your meal because every time You come in, it is always busy but You never complain and the Chef loves You because You finish Your plate, the Waitress loves You because You tip 30%+... As the Valet tells You He'll be right back with Your Jaguar™ but You decline and slip Him a 'fin' ($5.00) anyway.. As You begin Your sojourn back to Your wheels, out comes that reminder of a great FREE meal, a garlic flavored burp...

Why fart and waste it when You can burp and taste it?

Bon Appetit

P.S. If You go the 'ear candle' route make sure You take some pics, You'd be amazed of how much can collect... I'd go for a web-search but haven't eaten tonight's sup..

edit on 28-9-2014 by JimNasium because: spell check err.

P.S.S. The candles work for Me. **** Your mileage may vary ****
edit on 28-9-2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Lolol I'm not sure that my situation is similar... I appreciate the story though! makes me hungry.

edit on 28-9-2014 by tAcAnAvAn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

CHROMEHIDROSIS

My grandson in his late teens used to sweat blue, His sheets would

have a blue hue, and his shirts especially his collars and cuffs.

One day my daughter asked him how he was feeling as she thought

he was looking quite greyish blue, He said he was feeling fine so she

wiped his face with a cloth and it came away blue......

So she looked it up on google and there it was 'Chromehidrosis'

The good news is he has grown out of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join