It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

with all this doom and gloom going on whats left but fear....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its so many things goin on isis ebola russia ukraine stock market fukishima jeez the list go on and on and on when does it get better o wait it doesnt jeez i need another drink i ont understand how we have allowed humanity to get this bad jeeez...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Would you have rather taken the blue pill?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I do not live in fear, despite the world around me. I do my best to raise my children the best I can, I continue to try to live my life in a respectable and moral manner and just keep chuggin along enjoying my life to the fullest. I can not change everything in this world, hell there is very little I can change. I just do what I can and continue on. Living in fear won't change a damn thing either so why be miserable.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
We allowed it to get this bad because we are a disorganized mess of fear, hated and superstition and some fool gave us money!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Here's some good stuff that's going on:

The Zeitgeist Movement

The Garden of Eden

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Reach out to sweet Ataraxia. She can get you through the roughest of times if you allow her. Be the governor of your own ego. If it gets worked up into a tizzy, let it watch a fireworks display for awhile to take its mind off things and then return to the task at hand. Bliss resides within your creative powers of authority. You can dope yourself up at will, just as they dope us up all the time at their will.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There are also a ton of good things happening in the world. You choose what you want to give thought to.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ive pondered on this alot intrptr and no i wouldnt have its too much sometimes.. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

While this is certainly true we are seldom directed to this material by those that call themselves reporters or news stations. Instead we get doom and gloom leading question like the OP posted.
edit on 27-9-2014 by minkmouse because: General schmuckishness

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im not scared just a tiny hint of fear of the what if i cant defend my munchkins...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Fear is a very negative aspect. Not one to strive for when considering if their anything left. The Western world has been bombarded by that post 9/11, the US for example is not very healthy mentally, the fear we're living under could be a benefactor for it. We're seeing the effects of fear(again) due to the recent Oklahoma incident reigniting phobias, fear and to even violent comments towards people who practice a certain religion.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
Im not scared just a tiny hint of fear of the what if i cant defend my munchkins...

Every now and then a break is needed. Trust me, I take them frequently in order to shake off the buildup from interacting in this #ty part of reality. It helps.

Stop paying attention to it for a while. Go do something you enjoy. Go get an ice cream with your kids. Go walk the dog. Go visit some family or something. Or just spend a day at the pool drinking frosty drinks with fruit in them. Your choice.

Don't worry, all the crap will still be here when you get back and you'll hardly miss a thing. You will be revitalized however and ready to fight the good fight once again.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Thank you i appreciate that but i think at this point were beyond breaks i ha a good day today maybe tom ill take kids to beach i spend alotta time with them its the reason im even breathing and GOD. My kids can tell im a bit off theyll come up to me hug me and say dad we know your tierd well hell between working 15hr days a permanant sickness and conspiracies...its a miracle im still alive a reply to: mOjOm

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Complacency, comfort, convenience, apathy, dependency.

We're so screwed, everybody. If there's any true extraterrestrials, parallel worlders, time travelers, etc please contact me so we can discuss a possible trip off the planet.

I'm not serious. But I am serious. But I'm not. Just between you, me and Mr. _____ from the NSA who's chiming in I am serious.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thank you i appreciate that but i think at this point were beyond breaks i ha a good day today maybe tom ill take kids to beach i spend alotta time with them its the reason im even breathing and GOD. My kids can tell im a bit off theyll come up to me hug me and say dad we know your tierd well hell between working 15hr days a permanant sickness and conspiracies...its a miracle im still alive a reply to: mOjOm

Just keep in mind you can't change the world and it's always gonna be a mess to some degree.

Like the Buddhist would say, "There are two ways to look at every situation where there is a problem. One way is where you can fix the problem the other is where you can't do anything about the problem. If you can fix it, then there is nothing to worry about. If you can't fix it, well then there is no sense in worrying about it. So either way, no reason to worry."

In the end when you look back the memories you'll want to remember will be the good time you had regardless of how messed up the world was. If you look back and only remember struggling against the world you'll realize that it was all just time wasted. Not that fighting for what's right and good should be abandoned or anything, but don't sacrifice too much time in the process. You still owe yourself to live life too while you can.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake
Fear is a very negative aspect.

I dont think you can fully judge the fearmongers without looking at the positive qualities of fear itself..it has a long tradition of existence & in the community at large...

edit on 27-9-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What is left is friendship, love, kindness.... The list goes on.... I am partying right now, and I wish you could join us op.

Screw the fear. Fear is a joke.. I could die tonight, but I lived. I don't know 90% of the people here, but it matters not. I will know them tomorrow. Carry on brother as if the world isn't ending.

Long live beer drinking, love, friendship, and music. Those things bring us together. I'm white as a snowflake, jamming to tejano and not giving a damn about the troubles of the world...

Do eeeet!

Don't let the stench of # catch ya.

Boba

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Ive pondered on this a lot intrptr and no i wouldn't have its too much sometimes.. a reply to: intrptr

You'll be fine. That awareness is a gift. Much better than living in the dark.

Don't stare directly at the light for too long, it will burn your retinas.

Try being nice to others? I just blew that on another thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
You always have a positive thing to say your good.. why aint you a mod???a reply to: intrptr

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

Exactly. they have no reason to direct us to such things because fear is such a powerful tool for oppression, so that is just another reason not to pay it any mind. Be informed but see the MSM and propaganda for what it is: a tool for control. There is absolutely no reason to believe anything the MSM says anymore because there is constantly a spin on it for hidden motives. If you eat up the doom and gloom you're doing exactly what they want you to do. If you give into fear and feel the way that they want you to be programmed you are doing what they want you to do.

After Earth with Will and Jaden Smith was one of the WORST movies i have ever seen, but there was a quote in it that is infinitely true. The movie was so bad in fact that i would like to believe that this message was the only thing from it that was meant to get out.

“Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist. That is near insanity. Do not misunderstand me danger is very real but fear is a choice.” - Will Smith

top topics

<<   2 >>

join